7/11 sees profit oportunity and jumps on bandwagon

Have a question or comment about Shopping in Udon Thani? Post it here!
newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Re: 7/11 sees profit oportunity and jumps on bandwagon

Post by newtovillagelife » February 21, 2020, 7:11 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
February 20, 2020, 5:38 am
stattointhailand wrote:
February 19, 2020, 9:13 pm
not sure what 7/11 are up to now .......... still playing the audio about no plastic bags, but every time I go to the checkout they supply plastic bags :confused:
Yes it does seem strange that 7 - 11 are still giving bags after such a high profile campaign ref not doing so .. on my travels only a very few 7s refuse to give or offer a plain un logoed bag .. MOST DO . TIT

DM
Maybe, just maybe, they are experiencing a drop in sales. People may thing twice about making a large purchase if they have no bag with which to carry it out.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 21, 2020, 8:32 am

newtovillagelife wrote:
February 21, 2020, 7:11 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:
February 20, 2020, 5:38 am
stattointhailand wrote:
February 19, 2020, 9:13 pm
not sure what 7/11 are up to now .......... still playing the audio about no plastic bags, but every time I go to the checkout they supply plastic bags :confused:
Yes it does seem strange that 7 - 11 are still giving bags after such a high profile campaign ref not doing so .. on my travels only a very few 7s refuse to give or offer a plain un logoed bag .. MOST DO . TIT

DM
Maybe, just maybe, they are experiencing a drop in sales. People may thing twice about making a large purchase if they have no bag with which to carry it out.
Very good point Statts ..for sure i would think NO BAGS would put customers off larger sales the 7s i use if no bag i just get the minimum instead of chucking a few extras in . .. as posted earlier i hope common sense prevails and bags are continued to be given upon customer request.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 21, 2020, 10:15 am

Its not too bad for a middle aged fairly fit person to juggle with an armful of items between the checkout and the car, but what about someone who had to walk to the store (may be several hundred metres as I often do when away on holiday) or my next door neighbour who uses 2 x sticks to walk and has no chance of carrying anything

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » February 21, 2020, 10:44 am

Surely if you need a bag to carry take your own , if commonsense is really to prevail . In days of yore I remember my mother had her basket on wheels, a pain to many an ankle I am sure, but ZERO plastic bags . So those who have difficulty, think outside the box and adapt

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 21, 2020, 11:04 am

Khun Paul wrote:
February 21, 2020, 10:44 am
Surely if you need a bag to carry take your own , if commonsense is really to prevail . In days of yore I remember my mother had her basket on wheels, a pain to many an ankle I am sure, but ZERO plastic bags . So those who have difficulty, think outside the box and adapt
Them bl**dy basket on wheels things should have been banned decades ago, they are the most stupid inconvenient inventions to have hit the market place :evil: Thousands of people all trying to walk in a small space and loads of loonies with these contraptions only interested in what the stall is selling and completely oblivious the the damage they were causing to numerous fellow shoppers. =;

Return to “Udon Thani Shopping”