Accommodation recommendation

Get advice on hotels, guest houses, rentals and house sales in Udon Thani.
susanspy

Accommodation recommendation

Post by susanspy » May 6, 2009, 3:15 am

Hello all,

Susan ehre i am planning to visit Udon Thani next month to stay there for 5 months for studies & would like to knwo the chepest means to stay there & the place for the same, i am short of cash so please suggest something cheap.

Cheers!!!

BangkokButcher
udonmap.com

Re: Accommodation recommendation

Post by BangkokButcher » May 6, 2009, 8:09 am

Hi Susanspy,

there is a comprehensive list of accomodation around the Udon Thani area here:
http://www.udonmap.com/index.php?option ... &Itemid=70

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your studies.

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » May 6, 2009, 8:22 am

where are your studies at. plenty to chose from, 350 baht and up to 850 for comforts, cheaper if need be, but ac and hw would be nice. location and making sure you can walk around safely, and use baht busses will help you save money.

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » May 6, 2009, 8:24 am

RuySuk Hotel is a sponsor on Udon Map. They have good clean rooms serviced daily and prices start from Bt 290 a day. They have cheaper rates for long stay so speak to the owner. The RuySuk is within easy walking distance to everything. Welcome to the Forum and good luck on your travels.

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » May 6, 2009, 8:37 am

Consider location. If you need to be in a specific area, living nearby will save on transport costs. Check the list as suggested by Bankokbutcher or search this forum.

Do you need airconditioning? Expect to pay at least 300 baht a night for air-conditioned room in a hotel; from 200baht without (e.g. Fuzzy kens). For long stay, you can get monthly rates; but cost often does not include electricity so allow for that; Jingjoes is i think 4,500 a month (ie about 150 baht a night). If you need cheaper you will need to go Thai (squat toilet and maybe no english); but hard to find as signs will be in Thai and few adverts.

probably best to try one of the hotels for a week (browse the accomodation thread for reccommendations); look at the map on udonmap to pick best area for you. Then can look at alternatives. Also consider if you want to cook; most places have no facilities for this. How short of cash do you mean, ie what is your average daily budget? that may define your choices.

banpaeng
udonmap.com

Post by banpaeng » May 6, 2009, 9:58 am

Maybe one of the members can let out a room in your house for a lady to study.

wiking
udonmap.com

Post by wiking » May 6, 2009, 10:08 am

there are a lot off rooms, you can rent from 2.000 baht up to 4.000 baht for one month, they are clean and safe,
and some off them have aircon and hotwater, tv too. but in the farang place, they need more, but go to all the thai place, and I think there are minim 100 place around all the schools. I stay in the center around the university, many options.

Robtaff
udonmap.com

Post by Robtaff » May 17, 2009, 8:00 pm

Hotel on the Road Sampao - VIP room 400 baht - but smaller rooms about 250 baht. They will do very cheap for a months booking. I stayed there last year and clean and quiet. Abit out of the way but has a good Thai food and Karaoke outdoor bar across the road. Food is excellent and the beer and food very cheap.

I'll post the name of the hotel when the missus remembers. :D

Robtaff
udonmap.com

Post by Robtaff » May 17, 2009, 8:02 pm

It's called InterHouse. :D

RALPHCUSENS
udonmap.com

Post by RALPHCUSENS » May 17, 2009, 9:39 pm

Aardvark wrote:RuySuk Hotel is a sponsor on Udon Map. They have good clean rooms serviced daily and prices start from Bt 290 a day. They have cheaper rates for long stay so speak to the owner. The RuySuk is within easy walking distance to everything. Welcome to the Forum and good luck on your travels.
I reiterate what Aardvark posted, the Roy Suk is very good value, and Joe the owner, would I am sure give a very good discount for a 5 Month stay

rjj04
udonmap.com

Post by rjj04 » June 18, 2009, 10:26 am

I am staying at Top Mansion at the moment. Yesterday, as walking back to Top Mansion, before Irish Clock, noticed a newish small hotel displaying 7KB/month. There was an old Thai man at the desk, could not speak English and my Thai is not good, to say the least. He wound up getting a lady who let me see one of the rooms. Says, free internet with the room. So, this morning went there again, with my netbook to check the wireless, as it is important for me to have reliable wireless and some places I have stayed at do not have a strong signal at all rooms. If I am signing for a month, I want to make doubly sure about wireless. The old Thai man could not understand I think. He is a very edgy old fellow. He got another Thai man who understood when I told him I just want to go into the room and check the internet for "neung nahtee." He told me I must rent the room first. I asked him why, as I had been given a quick look the day before.... no answer. When I walked away, the old fellow said "kho hok" ..... not pleasant words, as I was polite to them both and did not think I made any large errors in my broken Thai. Customer service in Thailand...hehe
Anyway, moral is, I would not rent there for a month without checking the wireless, if that is important to you. Hope it is okay to post this here.

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » June 18, 2009, 7:24 pm

Susan . if your still searching I think you should forget all the hotels and do as the Thai do, look for whats commonly called a Mansion establishment. My wife has recently finished a college course that lasted one year and as we live a fair way out of town she decided to rent one of these type of places. They normally only book a month at a time and generally look for a minimum 3 months stay.She paid 3,000bht pcm for a modern aircon room with WC , shower and basic furniture, bed ,wardrobe. It was wired for cable TV and Internet but you had to provide the appliances. The water and electric bills were extra, approx 2,000bht in summer and half that in winter. Most of the other rooms were occupied by uni students and the proprietors allowed up to 3 same sex to share a room.There was also night time security. A laundry room and fitness room. It depends what area you want but there are many such places around town. If you need more info just Pm me.

aznyron
udonmap.com

Post by aznyron » June 18, 2009, 8:17 pm

I am surprised no one recommended AEK hospital they have budget rooms for I believe it 3000 Baht a month

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » June 18, 2009, 8:22 pm

I Am surprised that susanspy the OP Posted this request approx 7 Weeks AGO,And as yet has FAILED to acknowledge ANY Of the above recomendations !!! Also IT Was susanspys FIRST EVER POST....Mmmm :? :? [-( [-( :-# :-# Very STRANGE !!! IMHO......

Return to “Udon Thani Accommodation”