The Pannarai Hotel Udon Thani (Sponsor)

Get advice on hotels, guest houses, rentals and house sales in Udon Thani.
lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » May 25, 2012, 6:19 pm

The Pannarai Hotel Udon Thani

19/8 Soi sumpantamit T.Makkagn,Muang,Udonthani 41000
Tel. 042-345111,042-344999
Email. [email protected]
Web. http://www.udonmap.com/pannaraihotel/
http://www.udonmap.com/en/udonthani-bus ... hotel.html
pannarai-hotel-udon.jpg
pannarai-hotel-udon2.jpg
pannarai-hotel-udon3.jpg
pannarai-hotel-udon4.jpg
https://maps.google.com/maps?daddr=17.4 ... sz=17&z=17[/googlemap]

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Post by merchant seaman » May 25, 2012, 7:29 pm

Very upscale but still an affordable price. Udon is moving on up. Just like the Jefferson's (US TV show)

bubbles
udonmap.com

Post by bubbles » May 28, 2012, 2:33 pm

Some prices would be nice ???

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » May 28, 2012, 3:59 pm

bubbles wrote:Some prices would be nice ???
Details here .http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/t ... 63-60.html
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

TJ
udonmap.com

Post by TJ » May 28, 2012, 7:03 pm

About two weeks ago I asked the rate for a standard room and they said it was 1200 baht.

There were no any guests to be seen during my brief visit to the hotel foyer which left me with the impression that there were many vacancies. Maybe a significantly lower rate could be negotiated for an extended stay.

Pannarai Hotel is likely one of the best hotels in Udon Thani. Great location.

danchatka
udonmap.com

Post by danchatka » May 29, 2012, 12:30 am

The April issue of the Udon Thani Guide has a review of Pannarai Hotel. The review says the hotel had a "soft" opening in April. Durning the soft opening period, they're hosting only a limited number of guests. This gives employees and management time to see how everything is working and make sure they provide a quality experience to guests.

The review said the Pannarai's official grand opening would be a few month after the soft opening. Maybe in June or July?

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » May 29, 2012, 8:02 am

danchatka wrote:The April issue of the Udon Thani Guide has a review of Pannarai Hotel. The review says the hotel had a "soft" opening in April.
That review is posted here: http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaninews/th ... don-thani/

Svein66
udonmap.com

Post by Svein66 » June 3, 2012, 4:28 pm

Visited the hotel today to check prices and rooms, and it looks very good. Prices 1200, 1580 and 5000 baht. Will stay there next time. We read about the hotel in Nok Air magazine on the airplane going here, but had booked at Charoen already.

bubbles
udonmap.com

Post by bubbles » June 3, 2012, 4:37 pm

Yes looks god will try it next time for a few days and see what happens
Bubbles

AussieBoy
udonmap.com

Post by AussieBoy » June 4, 2012, 6:08 pm

Currently staying here B1280 a night for 10 nights, usually stay AEK Udon Apartments, never been able to beat the overall quality price there, But decided to have a short stay Udon on way home from China.

Back to the business of my Pannarai stay, which is now day 5 with Nunu the wife, who wanted to try the new place in town, but she is a lover of AEK Udon also.
1: Looks new, and so it should as it is a new building Thai style
2: Neat and clean, with lots glass in foyer makes it light and airy, clean crisp lines and large 600mmx 600mm ceramic tiles on the floor cream coloured throughout the foyer and all rooms.
3: Well air conditioned Foyer with some large lounge seating to relax in, lots of glass to see the front entrance and Soi dog with the big faded green Irish Clock wall to the south of the lounge foyer
4: I'll back up a bit and say the entrance is very good for vehicle access and parking to unload baggage, with a well thought out hoarding covering the main entrance area
5: Someone was thinking for a few seconds on this entrance, seems to meet western standard type entry, with a choice of 2 stairs or a RAMP to gain access to the foyer. For those old codgers in a wheel chair or walking stick
6:Pool area and dining room run off the lounge foyer area, with the main reception desk opposite the elevators, so no try sneaking in any woman of the night, or boys if you’re into that.
7: The top floor is where we stayed, the Northern side or North by north east a bit more correct, that’s where the Day & Night music comes blasting in, or a steady thumping, or your brain get used to it and you never notice it after a few days, but can be annoying when watching TV.
8: The top floor rooms on the eastern end does not get good Wireless connection, so after complaining, not much they can do, maybe install another transmitter, I set up my lap top at the front door on a stool in the room to get good reception, went out for lunch day 5 and they asked me if I would like to move to a room with better reception, the cleaners must have said something to the management, and the new room was on the South side looking over the pool and Irish Clock, so a bit quieter, management sent 3 people to help me move and transfer baggage, good service
9: Better to put Rj45 cat 6 wall plugs in when building to give every room good net access, for the few extra Baht
10: Room 1 on the top floor has poor drainage, shower keeps filling up, needs cleaning, or was built wrong with poor falls.
11: Vanity basin leaks, stuck the old noggin underneath to have a look, lots silicon, but still leaks out on to floor.
12: All else is crispy clean, a full house with every one driving there would see shortage parking space, but that would be a rare occasion, maybe, time will tell.
13 Room has a nice ceiling mirror to check out the ugly farang looking back at you.
14: Plenty cupboard space and small safe to keep the dreams in or valuables.
15: Could do with some extra hanging space for the bath towels to hang on for drying
16: Very close to the complex, get Irish clock and a few other land owners to put a bridge way across to the complex parking lot, over head, it’s only 50 mts, may need high rise apartments to make that viable
17: The south side rooms are quieter from the night noise of D&N, overlooks the pool, each unit has a small balcony just enough for those smokers to lean over.
18: The glass doors going to the balcony have no safety marks at eye level, could pose a problem if you close the door behind you on while on the balcony and forget, or someone else does, and farang has too much turps, needs some marks or stickers to see the glass.
19: There’s a little bar fridge, wide screen TV and desk with GPO outlets, bag shelf and 2 door closet
20: Close to most of my travels in town, food outlets, bars ETC,
21: Value for money my view is on the high side, but would suit a lot of people, (The AEK Udon at a 1/3 of the price with no breakfast and undercover parking, not as nice looking rooms, suites me fine,) But a change is as good as a holiday, and I can see many people liking this place. And for B1280 a night is cheaper than local motels back in OZ of simular style expect to pay B2000- B3000 for something simular in a regional town from my Oz travels.
22: Breakfast comes with the price, basic eggs toast butter jam , Thai food juice, OK does the job of filling the belly, I’m a bacon and egg man myself so I buy the bacon and get them to cook it for me, only time I eat bacon and Egg is when I’m on holidays or once a week Sunday breakfast eat outing, so I look forward to a good breakfast tomato bacon eggs on toast, splashed with Worchester sauce even if I have to supply the bacon and sauce.
23 Her self wanted to stay 2 nights and save the Baht and move to AEK, that would have saved me B7000, but then I would have to buy breakfast, or another way to look at it, 1 days work extra back in Oz for me to stay at Pannarai for the 10 days compared to AEK.
24: The workmanship is better than expected, with no steps of different width or height, tiling is of good finish, above average for Thai finishing standard
25: Don’t know if they do dinner, haven’t seen any one in the dining room at night but maybe they do, well that’s all Chop Sewy and ChoW
Master Builder

AussieBoy
udonmap.com

Post by AussieBoy » June 4, 2012, 6:39 pm

The second room we stayed in has the same problem witht the drainage, The old boy scout pulled out his leathman and operated on the shower drain, to find the problem, pulled off the drain grate and found that the cover plate design is a wee bit to long leaving about 3 mm for water to run into the main 30mm pipe, so the water has to travel down then back up to the main outlet drain, the small gap at the bottom slows down the water, causing the water to back up.

Another problem is the water pressure constantly changing, every time some one turns on a tap flushes toilet, now that is a design problem, the main feed would need to be at least 50mm passing the units, so that the water pressure does not drop while showering, back to AEK udon you can take out the access panel and see the 75mm main they have with a 20mm take off to each unit, one thing I like is a HOT shower with no interuptions or constantly changing the tap, by the way which is to round and with soap on your hande is impossilbe to turn, so soapy hands water pressure drops, water gets hotter, you go to move the tap handle and your hands slip around the handle, Tap handles should always be lever handle type, for the poor cripple disability people, like me. or else you risk getting burnt, TIT

Front desk staff are very friendly, and remember your name, thats a plus, time to check out the sewer work out the back and the water filter room

ChoW
Master Builder

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Post by merchant seaman » June 4, 2012, 6:54 pm

Sounds like the place to stay for those on holiday, especially couples. The single fellow on holiday for a good time sounds like Top Mansion or Ruy Suk is the place to stay

AussieBoy
udonmap.com

Post by AussieBoy » June 4, 2012, 8:06 pm

Passed the dining room at 6pm and again at 745pm no one in there, so will ask if they do dinner, there has been someone at the front door to open it every hour of the day since I been here, that's a plus, but maybe a bit suss if you bring someone back the door man will check you out then you have to pass the reception, might make some who bring back a friend to think otherwise, if you booked in as a single, then again to some they won’t care what staff think. The design layout is open all eyes viewing, which is maybe what they are look for in clientele, less single horny flee bags males more respectable class travellers.
Master Builder

bubbles
udonmap.com

Post by bubbles » June 5, 2012, 4:43 am

Very good informative article Aussie boy, will give it a try there later in year, breakfast sounds like it needs improvement breakfast with no bacon, what about toast with butter???
Thanks Bubbles

bubbles
udonmap.com

Post by bubbles » July 3, 2012, 3:58 pm

How do we contact the hotel do they have an email address yet, also do they have parking for a car ?? anyone who knows would be appreciated.
Thanks Bubbles

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » July 3, 2012, 4:05 pm

From the first post bubbles..
Tel. 042-345111,042-344999
Email. [email protected]
Yes they do have customer parking, undercover I believe. Not sure how much is available compared to the number of room available to let. Might be a good idea to confirm that you needed parking if/when you e-mailed them with a booking request..

bubbles
udonmap.com

Post by bubbles » July 3, 2012, 4:22 pm

Thanks Bob much appreciated just emailed them
Bubbles

maffko40

Post by maffko40 » July 5, 2012, 12:54 am

I've tried to contact the hotel for a reservation-but no answer...very strange....

bubbles
udonmap.com

Post by bubbles » July 5, 2012, 11:00 am

I emailed them two days a go and got a reply yesterday, try their Email
Bubbles

pannarai
udonmap.com

Post by pannarai » March 31, 2013, 4:18 pm

Attachments
celeb pannarai hotel udon  2.jpg