Irish Clock

Get advice on hotels, guest houses, rentals and house sales in Udon Thani.
Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » August 24, 2008, 10:34 am

yorkman wrote:Go yee to Nongkai. Eat the same quality for half the price. And it is not owned by Scouse bouncers! Nor down a dirty street in Udon where you would not want to be seen ( if you want Thai respect)

The food is good, agreed, but you can do so much better
So let me get this straight.

You advise me to drive all the way up to Nong Khai, spend X amount of baht on fuel and take up 2 hours of my time time travelling just to save around 150baht. Are you nuts?

ergman
udonmap.com

Post by ergman » August 24, 2008, 4:33 pm

Go yee to Nongkai. Eat the same quality for half the price. And it is not owned by Scouse bouncers! Nor down a dirty street in Udon where you would not want to be seen ( if you want Thai respect)

Normally I don't post anything in regards to someones comments like that but I think most people on here will agree that this comment is pretty rude and very uncalled for. I'd stay at the Irish ANY day of the year and wouldn't worry about the soi either!!! =D> =D>

mighty-chang
udonmap.com

Post by mighty-chang » August 24, 2008, 4:42 pm

i do like the irish clock nice food good draft beer and good service what more do you want it does the town a good favour rather than a bad turn (just a thought)

THE MIGHTY CHANG

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » August 24, 2008, 9:04 pm

im pleased to say i went into the clock for breakfast around 12 .30 pm , yes i know , but i had a late night !!!!!!! and the place was packed. if anyone deserves success its steve and his wife. there an asset to this town and long may they prosper.

Ba Bob
udonmap.com

Post by Ba Bob » August 24, 2008, 9:41 pm

hey guys don't react to an obvious troll ive never seen a positive post by him. If I'm in Udon i almost always visit the clock and am always made to feel welcome, what more do you want??

mighty-chang
udonmap.com

Post by mighty-chang » August 25, 2008, 8:13 am

hello bobby feeling safe behind the greasy moniter are we.

let the games begin

LoveDaBlues
udonmap.com

Post by LoveDaBlues » August 25, 2008, 8:14 am

yorkman wrote:Go yee to Nongkai. Eat the same quality for half the price. And it is not owned by Scouse bouncers! Nor down a dirty street in Udon where you would not want to be seen ( if you want Thai respect)

OK, you feed my Fortuner and I'll drive to Nong Khai. :roll:

My wife is a proper Thai lady and has no problem with going into the Irish Clock with me. You don't know what you're talking about.

Crawl back under your rock. :lol:

Guns482
udonmap.com

Post by Guns482 » August 25, 2008, 8:41 am

The address would be nice in Nogkhai, if and when I am there overnight , which is not often, a good CHEAP place for breakfast would be welcoming, however driving there is just a very stupid idea just for breakfast.
I am sorry but I do agree with the rest, Mr Yorkman get a life or a car and drive to udon to sample the wares before commenting. Thankyou.
Guns

mighty-chang
udonmap.com

Post by mighty-chang » August 25, 2008, 8:45 am

put the hand cyber hand bags down gentlemen please and have a toe to toe at the next night market meeting ... stop acting ARD behind you greasy moniter's with bread crumds wedged in the keyboard

Al
udonmap.com

Post by Al » August 25, 2008, 12:13 pm

I have stayed at the Irish Clock more times than I can remember and have nothing but praise for the establishment Steve Mali and all their staff.

Al.

Ba Bob
udonmap.com

Post by Ba Bob » August 25, 2008, 1:15 pm

mighty-chang wrote:hello bobby feeling safe behind the greasy moniter are we.
ditto mighty one!!

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » August 25, 2008, 1:29 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

samnaodee

Re: Irish Clock

Post by samnaodee » October 3, 2008, 4:02 pm

Not stayed at the Irish Clock yet, but will for sure stay there on my next trip.
I think the massive majority of possitive posts says it all! :D

aznyron
udonmap.com

Post by aznyron » October 3, 2008, 6:53 pm

I live in udon so the need for a hotel room is out but I have eaten in the irish clock several times
I enjoyed the chow and the prices are more than fare I have had there filet mignon steak very good and cheap but i lean towards there fish & chips because it not easy for me to chew after my accident if I was to list my favorite restaurants it would be the clock carabot saengkaew hotel by robinson complex mojos
picola roma now being a big eater and cheap charlie I just love the buffet at the hotel

Martinb68

Post by Martinb68 » November 6, 2008, 5:42 pm

I was thinking of asking if the Irish clock is a good bet to stay for new year when I come back up to udon from Bangkok for the new year
This time my friend is state side so I need a large room for myself wife and 4 year old son
Are the rooms of a size that would fit a small make up bed in?

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » November 6, 2008, 6:01 pm

The rooms are a fair size. Suggest that you drop Steve an e-mail at
[email protected]
and ask him directly - they may even have a 'family' room.

Martinb68

Post by Martinb68 » November 7, 2008, 7:08 am

BobHelm wrote:The rooms are a fair size. Suggest that you drop Steve an e-mail at
[email protected]
and ask him directly - they may even have a 'family' room.
That's great I will drop them an email thanks again :D

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » November 7, 2008, 9:56 am

not sure if still having, but email problems inpast. also send email to udon link for irish clock, last time i talked with steve, one was working, one wasn't. 8)

if having problem, pm me, and i can make reservation for you, there weekly, usually. 8)
Last edited by laphanphon on November 7, 2008, 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » November 7, 2008, 10:27 am

zacatac
udonmap.com

Post by zacatac » December 13, 2008, 8:26 pm

Hey I've been going to Udon for many years and come breakfast time I usually struggle from self inflicted wounds and can't eat...but if I go to the clock I don't leave a crumb...must be good...also try that cottage pie. but unless your wearing welding gloves let the girl put it on the table, don't try and grab it...

Return to “Udon Thani Accommodation”