Irish Clock

Get advice on hotels, guest houses, rentals and house sales in Udon Thani.
BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » October 2, 2007, 11:42 am

Right in the center and part of! :D

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » October 2, 2007, 3:51 pm

yes...put it like this, you won't wear out your shoes finding any of them.
Can You Dig It Dug.?

TAMWORTH54

Near nightlife?

Post by TAMWORTH54 » October 5, 2007, 1:27 pm

Is the Irish clock near nightlife such as beer bars, etc....or dance places..marketplace??

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Re: Near nightlife?

Post by BKKSTAN » October 5, 2007, 2:38 pm

TAMWORTH54 wrote:Is the Irish clock near nightlife such as beer bars, etc....or dance places..marketplace??
:lol: I would say about dead center!

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » October 5, 2007, 2:47 pm

I think that Stan & BM have already answered this for you, but I will attempt to answer it also.
YES.
In the road that the Clock is in there are a number of bars and restaurants (most left when exiting the clock but some to the right as well).
The so called 'Soi Falang' and the Robinson Centre are within walking distance (Out of the Clock, right to the top of the street, right there, then right at the lights, or just before the lights - will get you there).
The 'night market' or 'Centre Point' (as it is also known) is also within walking distance (But left at the top of the street rather than right for Robinsons).
Dwang Dang (not sure about the spelling, sorry) is a 'mainly' Thai night spot with live bands. And is at the very end of the road past Robinsons..
A look at the actual map of Udon (the Clock is clearly marked in square P11) will show almost anything you want to know.... :D

Roy
udonmap.com
Location: Outside LA's hoping to get a glimpse of his naked maid

Post by Roy » October 5, 2007, 3:15 pm

OK got that thanks Bob but want I really want to know is it near nightlife such as beer bars, etc....or dance places..marketplace?? :shock: :lol: :lol:
Free the Doug 1

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » October 5, 2007, 3:34 pm

OH! :lol:

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » October 5, 2007, 3:42 pm

Roy.......55555555555555555 :D

RALPHCUSENS
udonmap.com

Post by RALPHCUSENS » October 5, 2007, 3:42 pm

Roy wrote:OK got that thanks Bob but want I really want to know is it near nightlife such as beer bars, etc....or dance places..marketplace?? :shock: :lol: :lol:
OK twinkletoes, I know what you want :

You want a drink, before you buy you tap shoes at the market, and all that before you try to find the new gay bar! :D \:D/ #-o :D :D :D

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Near nightlife?

Post by beer monkey » October 5, 2007, 3:56 pm

TAMWORTH54 wrote:Is the Irish clock near nightlife such as beer bars, etc....or dance places..marketplace??
yes.
Roy wrote:OK got that thanks Bob but want I really want to know is it near nightlife such as beer bars, etc....or dance places..marketplace??
yes.
Bobhelm wrote:I think that Stan & BM have already answered this for you, but I will attempt to answer it also.
YES.
In the road that the Clock is in there are a number of bars and restaurants (most left when exiting the clock but some to the right as well).
The so called 'Soi Falang' and the Robinson Centre are within walking distance (Out of the Clock, right to the top of the street, right there, then right at the lights, or just before the lights - will get you there).
The 'night market' or 'Centre Point' (as it is also known) is also within walking distance (But left at the top of the street rather than right for Robinsons).
Dwang Dang (not sure about the spelling, sorry) is a 'mainly' Thai night spot with live bands. And is at the very end of the road past Robinsons..
A look at the actual map of Udon (the Clock is clearly marked in square P11) will show almost anything you want to know..
good directions, i am sure Tamworth will get the idea now. ;)

lets us know if you find them ok, if not just ask on here if anyone knows. :lol:

ergman
udonmap.com

Post by ergman » January 20, 2008, 5:37 pm

I just wanted to say a great big thank you to Steve and Mali for, once again, a very wonderful stay at The Irish Clock. Stayed there the last part of December and first part of January and everything was great! Great room, great food, just overall relaxing!!

Really....a super big THANK YOU and will see you later this year!! :D :D

Edward and Ying

hxjohn
udonmap.com

Post by hxjohn » February 3, 2008, 4:43 pm

for those that would like to stay at the clock i surgest that you must book as far in advance as possible as its become very busy there the rooms and food are top notch i was glad to see on my last visit all the same staff very friendly and helpfull
not like my local pub round the corner in the uk
its more like a scene from american werewolf in london when i walk in every blue moon :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ps all the best to steve mali and customers at the irish clock

Robtaff
udonmap.com

Post by Robtaff » February 20, 2008, 8:30 am

Have sent an email to the Irish Clock to book my stay. :D

I was going to stay at Top Mansion but after some advice and the fact that I want a comfortable bed for my 24 night stay, I have decided that the Irish Clock is the best option. Hopefully they will have a room available for my stay in Udon in May. :D

Should have checked whether smoking is permitted in the room. :roll:

aznyron
udonmap.com

Post by aznyron » February 20, 2008, 1:39 pm

well if I was looking for a good hotel I would stay at chaoren to me that the best hotel in Udon thani
the rest are just over priced 1* hotels as for I/C restaurant I have eaten there twice
No Comment

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » February 20, 2008, 3:52 pm

Robtaff, always good manners to smoke on the Balcony I've found, stops the room from stinking, and I'm a smoker :D

GEC
udonmap.com

Post by GEC » February 20, 2008, 5:17 pm

My husband and I have just spent the last 19 days at 'The Irish Clock'. We found absolutely nothing to complain about (not that we were looking for anything, I hasten to add!)
It was a very enjoyable and comfortable break and we will have no hestitation in staying there again on our next visit to Udon.
Steve and Mali-great hosts, and staff very pleasant too. A photo I took of them before we left:

Thanks for having us. :D
Alan and Glen X
P.S. We were fasinated with the demolishing work going on next door and noted the progress each day, those boys certainly work hard for a living! =D>

Robtaff
udonmap.com

Post by Robtaff » February 21, 2008, 4:21 am

Aardvark wrote:Robtaff, always good manners to smoke on the Balcony I've found, stops the room from stinking, and I'm a smoker :D
Will do Aardvark. I can't stand passive smoke even when it's my own :lol:

Have received an email back so it is the Irish Clock in May for me. :D

Happy Days.

happyinthai

Post by happyinthai » February 27, 2008, 2:31 am

My brother and sister in law stayed in the Irish Clock a year or so ago when they visited us.

It is a decent place in itself, but unfortunately, and to my embarresment, is situated in down a dirty street in a farang morgering soi in Udon. Which is a shame, they have obviously spent a lot of money to make it a decent place, but the clientele sometimes inside and as soon as you step into the street....... :roll:

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » February 27, 2008, 3:03 am

A year ago in the street that the Clock is situated in there were 3 bars just down from it & that was it. Apart from the Top Mansion that is.
I agree that it is a little more busy now but to call it a Falang mongering soi is stretching the imagination more than a little for certain.
The street itself is no more 'dirty' than most in Udon & at least the construction of bars & the new top mansion is cleaning it up, but I guess that will cause you more issues on the Falang Mongering front.
I really do wonder about the attitude of some people who are in Udon :(

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » February 27, 2008, 5:35 am

happyinthai wrote:My brother and sister in law stayed in the Irish Clock a year or so ago when they visited us.

It is a decent place in itself, but unfortunately, and to my embarresment, is situated in down a dirty street in a farang morgering soi in Udon. Which is a shame, they have obviously spent a lot of money to make it a decent place, but the clientele sometimes inside and as soon as you step into the street....... :roll:
Mmmm well did'nt you know where the Irish Clock was situated when they/you booked it.

BH is quite right over a year or so ago only a couple or 3 small, not in your face bars down that soi...not what you or anyone could describe 'as a farang mongering soi', you could blink and probably miss them.
Hope you never took your brother and sister in law to pattaya or phuket, you might possibly die of embarassment or start hyper ventalating by the sight of so many farang orientated entertainment places.

Maybe you are not quite so 'Happy-in-thai'. :( chin up. :D

Return to “Udon Thani Accommodation”