Pattaya - Udon Thani by bus?

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
KHONDAHM
udonmap.com

Re: Pattaya - Udon Thani by bus?

Post by KHONDAHM » April 22, 2010, 6:29 am

Correction: Travel time is 10 hrs. Was thinking of time when bus broke down.

Also, according to ticket person, I had a VIP seat on a normal double decker. The VIP bus is something else. I just tried booking a seat at 0600 for the evening VIP bus and was told it was sold out. Go figure.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » April 22, 2010, 7:54 am

Your standards are way too high KhonDahm. You are talking bus travel here. I would say that my experience travelling on Thai buses, and I do it a lot, is much more pleasant than travelling on Greyhound in Canada or the United States.

douglas
udonmap.com

Post by douglas » April 22, 2010, 11:00 am

Hi,
Done the VIP bus to BKK a few times. 400B each way. best to book beforehand to get seat. Bus very clean and included in fare was a Thai meal and a bottle of water. Seats recline and have a massage feature. Time for trip was approx. seven and a half hours. Only stopped in K.K. on way back. Always got the 1030 approx. bus from Udon and the 0730 from BKK.
I've sat in the lower deck a few times, on these buses, and have not had the need to carry a gas mask. The wife was very impressed with them.
Only one minor point, all the films on the T.V were in Thai, but I can live with that.

easterneye
udonmap.com

Post by easterneye » April 22, 2010, 12:24 pm

Khondahm I do know what you mean about the gas mask as I have also done a lot of travelling on the old buses ,, although I have also had some very good journeys offering fantastic value for money .
Just as an aside did you notice when you all watched the driver relieve himself if he had a slash as well ? :confused:

KHONDAHM
udonmap.com

Post by KHONDAHM » April 28, 2010, 1:35 am

Been making the trip almost daily now for a week or so. Last few days have all been VIP. It has been a mix of meh and ok experiences on the 407 bus line.

I do see the other VIP buses doing the BKK Udon route and some look quite impressive with onboard WiFi, massues, and other extras. Almost makes me want to go to BKK then transfer to the Sin City regular line.

old-timer
udonmap.com

Post by old-timer » April 28, 2010, 1:44 am

KHONDAHM wrote:Been making the trip almost daily now for a week or so. Last few days have all been VIP. It has been a mix of meh and ok experiences on the 407 bus line.

I do see the other VIP buses doing the BKK Udon route and some look quite impressive with onboard WiFi, massues, and other extras. Almost makes me want to go to BKK then transfer to the Sin City regular line.
just get a flight, then jump in a taxi and stop moaning, what do you expect for a couple of hundred or so baht.

OT... \:D/

Return to “Travel & Transport”