Nissan Patrol/Safari - mechanic

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
ATD

Nissan Patrol/Safari - mechanic

Post by ATD » October 16, 2009, 9:26 am

Hi all. Would just like to ask if anybody can recommend a good mechanic as I need to have the clutch and brakes of my Nissan Patrol/Safari checked/repaired before taking a long drive? Also is there any good tire shop where I get can a good deal for a set of 4 tires?

Can you also provide the directions as I am a non resident of Udon Thani.

Thanks. :D

laphanphon

Re: Nissan Patrol/Safari - mechanic

Post by laphanphon » October 16, 2009, 9:50 am

not familiar with the nissan dealer, but that would be my 1st choice. tires.....the place in makro parking lot is pretty good, and the goodyear down the street is decent also, just know what you want before you go there, compared both prices, inclusive, then pick one. warranty and tire rating for speeds, as all are different.

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » October 16, 2009, 9:58 am

Can't help you out with the clutch, but for tires & brakes we take our car to the service shop in front of MAKRO (forget the name, formally Shell). They occasionally have deals, don't know if they have now. They do offer warranties on their tires and service, free tire repair and road side service (for a small fee). I had a flat tire once and the spare was deflated, they came out with a loaner tire, but didn't needed it because the spare only needed to be re-inflated. All for a whopping 60bt.

Also, their warranty is honored at other service centers and they're commonly located at MAKRO shopping centers.

They're located bottom right corner of map:

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » October 16, 2009, 10:10 am

I've used the Goodyear place down the road from Makro that LA mentions. Always well pleased with any deal they have offered me especially true if you want Goodyear - although on car, so smaller tyres.... :D

jetdoc
udonmap.com

Post by jetdoc » October 16, 2009, 11:17 am

Nissan quoted 3000bt to 6000bt for clutch replacement on a 2005 Nissan Frontier, price will vary depending how many components need replacing.

ATD

Post by ATD » October 16, 2009, 1:03 pm

laphanphon wrote:not familiar with the nissan dealer, but that would be my 1st choice. tires.....the place in makro parking lot is pretty good, and the goodyear down the street is decent also, just know what you want before you go there, compared both prices, inclusive, then pick one. warranty and tire rating for speeds, as all are different.
Thanks for the info. Is the nissan dealer that you are referring to located along the road where Mojo's is? I understand that Nissan Patrol/Safari has not been released in the Thai car market. I hope that they have parts there. I was thinking of Bridgestone HT or AT as I travel both on asphalt and dirt road. Any suggestions...

jingjai
udonmap.com

Post by jingjai » October 16, 2009, 1:04 pm

not familiar with the nissan dealer, but that would be my 1st choice.
Yes, I've used the Udon Nissan service center for all my auto needs for the past four years now. I think they provide good service by qualified Nissan trained mechanics. Same bunch of technicians have been there since I first started going there.

ATD

Post by ATD » October 16, 2009, 1:09 pm

papaguido wrote:Can't help you out with the clutch, but for tires & brakes we take our car to the service shop in front of MAKRO (forget the name, formally Shell). They occasionally have deals, don't know if they have now. They do offer warranties on their tires and service, free tire repair and road side service (for a small fee). I had a flat tire once and the spare was deflated, they came out with a loaner tire, but didn't needed it because the spare only needed to be re-inflated. All for a whopping 60bt.

Also, their warranty is honored at other service centers and they're commonly located at MAKRO shopping centers.

They're located bottom right corner of map:

Thanks... map was useful. Will also check out the place and compare.

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » October 16, 2009, 4:49 pm

I understand that Nissan Patrol/Safari has not been released in the Thai car market
Yes the Patrol is more of a LWB Monster...now depending on Engine/gearbox i wonder if they fit the same to any older exisiting Nissan models which where made for the Thai market, if going on a trip soon i would get them to see what the part numbers are that are needed...at least they may be able to order them first....thats if you need a new one...Do you think it needs replacing...? any problems,slipping,difficult gear change etc..?
Can you put the vehicle in 2nd/3rd gear...handbrake on...will the vehicle stall when trying to pull away..?...If its a Fluid Clutch have you checked the levels..?
I take it it Was it Imported from Japan via another country.

ATD

Post by ATD » October 16, 2009, 5:19 pm

beer monkey wrote:
I understand that Nissan Patrol/Safari has not been released in the Thai car market
Yes the Patrol is more of a LWB Monster...now depending on Engine/gearbox i wonder if they fit the same to any older exisiting Nissan models which where made for the Thai market, if going on a trip soon i would get them to see what the part numbers are that are needed...at least they may be able to order them first....thats if you need a new one...Do you think it needs replacing...? any problems,slipping,difficult gear change etc..?
Can you put the vehicle in 2nd/3rd gear...handbrake on...will the vehicle stall when trying to pull away..?...If its a Fluid Clutch have you checked the levels..?
I take it it Was it Imported from Japan via another country.
Its a 98 GRX model LHD 4x4 imported from Japan. No such stated problems just having some occasional difficulty in shifting in 2nd gear. Hopefully no replacement needed. maybe needs adjustment. recently also there some squeking sound when the clutch pedal is pressed. Not sure if its a fluid clutch but checked all the fluid levels under the hood and its ok.

aznyron
udonmap.com

Post by aznyron » October 16, 2009, 5:30 pm

throw out bering / pressure plate / pilot bering / and check fly wheel for broken teeth / labor
so for 6000 baht which jet doc said is a very good price IMO make sure they check the drive shaft
and replace the yoke since you have it down would be a smart move

Return to “Travel & Transport”