Big Motorbike Rental

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
rossi46
udonmap.com

Re: Big Motorbike Rental

Post by rossi46 » July 12, 2010, 9:23 pm

Hi Bumper

You are right Honda will stop makeing the Phantom carb model but will start to make with f/inj. I also have an R6 but not for rent exp/rider only hence not for rent.

Rossi 46 back next week German GP

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » July 13, 2010, 9:50 am

Really Rossi is coming back that should add a bit more excitement, Fuel injection that's good that has been a real winner for Honda here. Me and my carb will be be a thing of the past eventually in Thailand. I really enjoy the bike I have it rides a like a phantom on steroids.

Frankly I was planning this to be the last one I have since I enjoy it so much. I would never rent either to much TLC and money in it. There is another option if one has the time. You can rent big Easily in Chaing Mai or Pattaya.

Wish I cold ride the style of bike you have, but the back won't handle the ride position. The only thing available to me is the 900 Kawasaki, as Big bikes go priced well a 460K. completely legal. Really depends on how long you can find standard gas here.

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » July 13, 2010, 6:59 pm

glad you settled on something Mrbeerlao, and your welcome to my comments.. a word of advice, wear a helmut or get pulled over for ticket, and keep your international driving licence and your own countries driving licence on you when driving. I got pulled over twice at road blocks. they checked them and sent me on my way...wear a long sleeve jacket or shirt as the sun will burn you to a cinder on even a 50km trip, and take some clear driving googles, as in the evening one can end up flying thru heaps of mossies and flying insects in some areas which nearly blind you ..

also take a good padlock and clamp it on the bikes chain at night so no one can wheel it away..I was staying in the middle of nowhere and heard someone at six in the morning creeping outside my bungalow, I had the bike parked right outside the door..sprung a dude hovering over the bike..he got the bums rush I can tell you..hehehe..always good to have the tank topped up if going inland as you never no when you will come across another gas station. the petrol in bottles is not good...the phatom has a label on the tank saying 91petrol written in thai, afew times I had to point to this when gas station guys wanted to put in other stuff..always keep well over to the left especially on highways, or you will end up on the bonnet of a high flying Hilux going 200kmph, and check your mirrors, dont expect people to give way even at a round about, look out for the traffic lights which turn all red in all direction come night time, and the worse one is watch out for dudes coming head on at you on your side of the main road, which happens alot..oh and park in the shade unless you want to burn your arse off..anyway dude have fun,, enjoy the experience, and dont drink and drive, we have lost to many farangs that way..

Bumper I just kept around Udon /Phen / Sang Khom / Ban chiang Da / Phon Pri Sai / Nong Khai / Ban Dung areas..maybe next time I will go over to Mudakhan

mrbeerlao
udonmap.com

Post by mrbeerlao » July 14, 2010, 8:32 am

Thanks maaka,ill be renting the bike for 3 weeks so ill bring my aussie helmet with me and THANKS for the tip ill bring my moterbike lock as well...And ill get the international lic!!!!!!!! Honestly mate thanks for the good info.. matt

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » July 14, 2010, 11:15 am

Make a great two day ride if you are taking it easy, is to Nan Via Dansai. You will run along the Lao border through a National park, no fee for a ride through. It's a bit tricky, Let me know next time and I will lay it out. You can actually do the same ride through Loie, but the roads are terrible along the river there.

Isn't the newer Phantom designed to ride with Gasohol?

If it is a less expensive fuel. In a pinch you can use it no matter what bike you have.. The bike I rebuilt the guy before me used it all the time. It runs just fine on it. But, eventually it will eat the rubber components in the carb. In this case 69K Klms.

I don't use it as long as I have a choice. You can get fuel anywhere, might be from a glass bottle :lol: I've used it in a pinch in eight years haven't had a problem

Most important thing stop in the villages when you can. You will find some very friendly people. It's the greatest part of touring here. Have Fun.

rossi46
udonmap.com

Post by rossi46 » July 14, 2010, 3:21 pm

New Phantom runs on 91 Gasohol

Return to “Travel & Transport”