Simple Question about Swampy

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
ergman
udonmap.com

Simple Question about Swampy

Post by ergman » September 19, 2010, 3:59 pm

Hi Gang.

Just a simple question I hope and think some of you will know the answer to. The TW and baby will be arriving probably the end of next month or first week of November at Swampy at about 7am'ish. She'll have our baby ( 9 &1/2 months old), luggage and stroller to put on the trolley (she seems to remember that some of the trolleys (sp?) have little baby seats on them) and she needs to get upstairs to Thai Airways to fly to Udon for the next flight. My question is are there baggage people there that can leave that area and assist you to get upstairs and then you tip them? If not we were thinking of having one of her sisters take a bus down the night before, meet her outside of the arrivals area and just have her help get upstairs and fly back together (obviously a little bit more expensive!!)

Any thoughts would be helpfull!!

Thanks!! :D Ed

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Re: Simple Question about Swampy

Post by FrazeeDK » September 19, 2010, 4:59 pm

from the arrival hall she should be able to take the baggage cart up the escalator belts to the departure hall... I"m sure there's lifts too, but I've never bothered to look for them..

Billg
udonmap.com

Post by Billg » September 19, 2010, 5:31 pm

Hi Ergman
There are lifts from the arrivals floor 2 to the upper departure floor number 4, Not sure if the trolleys have a baby seat, but I’m sure your good lady wife would appreciate the assistance of the sister to help her out after a long haul flight with the baby.. hope every thing turns out fine?

Bill

maikauzai
udonmap.com

Post by maikauzai » September 19, 2010, 5:44 pm

Last time I was in the arrival level I went to one of those "Information" counter and booked a hotel. They then called in a badged airport staff guide me to the proper platform until my ride arrived. No tips required. Don't know if they'd extend the courtesy to a Thai person.

mally
udonmap.com

Post by mally » September 19, 2010, 5:49 pm

Been to Swampy many times but I've never seen anyone about to help with hauling the luggage about, but then again I've never really looked for anyone.
Have you thought about asking the airline she's flying with to arrange for someone to meet her at the luggage belt ? I'm sure they have some proceedure for this, disabled passangers etc:

ergman
udonmap.com

Post by ergman » September 19, 2010, 7:01 pm

Thanks Guys! We both know about the escalator that goes up but with the weight of the cart AND handling Amanda I think it would be difficult. I'll talk to her about taking the elevator up but even then I think it would be difficult for her to steer the cart and hold Amanda. More than likely we'll have her sister take the bus down and I'm sure the wife would appreciate the help AND the company on the flight up to Udon :D

Again....thanks for your quick replies :D :D .....Ed and family

thalenoi
udonmap.com

Post by thalenoi » September 20, 2010, 9:02 am

Don't know about availability of luggage helpers (will fly in 29 Oct, can ask around) but I would not recommend using the travelators to go up two floors with a cart and a Baby>

I use the elevator (hate the travelator), but you need to know that the first and second elevator DO NOT stop at arrivals levels (to avoid touts to access arrivals easily? :confused:) Thus she will need to walk slowly all the way to the left to find elevator #3 at the opposite far end. Thai Airways domestic check in is at the other side of the terminal anyway, economy check in domestic is at rows B/C

ergman
udonmap.com

Post by ergman » September 20, 2010, 12:40 pm

Thanks thalenoi. Another thing the wife thought of last night is going to Mother Care and getting one of those baby back pack like things where the baby hangs in the front ie. "hands free". I thought that would be a good idea so we will look into getting one of those and that should help out a lot. Also I will remind her about the elevator being way down on the other end too.

I knew y'all would help :o)

Thanks again! Ed

Return to “Travel & Transport”