Airasia promotion Oct-Jun

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » August 5, 2011, 2:13 pm

Airasia is going to add a third Udon-Bangkok flight beginning in June. Special fares are on offer for travel Oct-Jun, but the offer is only good until 7 Aug.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/business/avi ... ic-flights

wayne747
udonmap.com

Post by wayne747 » August 5, 2011, 6:08 pm

Thx for hint !

old-timer
udonmap.com

Post by old-timer » August 6, 2011, 7:15 pm

Airasia - here we go again: the experience of taking a journey with Aircrapasia is comparable to injecting a totem pole up your backside. It's up to you.

OT.............. \:D/

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » August 6, 2011, 8:20 pm

Probably flown AA 20 or 30 times - never a problem. Given their traffic growth and awards, my experience seems to have been repeated by many, many others.

Fortunately the totem pole was in your rectum OT - rather than mine. :D

Casper
udonmap.com

Post by Casper » August 7, 2011, 5:23 am

Thanks for the info Jack, If only I could get the missus to plan ahead.

thalenoi
udonmap.com

Post by thalenoi » August 8, 2011, 7:11 am

old-timer wrote:Airasia - here we go again: the experience of taking a journey with Aircrapasia is comparable to injecting a totem pole up your backside. It's up to you.

OT.............. \:D/
What a load of crap again from OT :D

I'm flying "crapair" again tonight, 4 more to go this year, 4 booked for 2012 already and average price/flight 355THB.

Sure OT does prefer a 500 Baht 8h trip in a luxury VIP bus to/from Bangkok?

Booked a return for November on the new midday flight at 2k baht/return, not that great a promotion, but still included in my 355 average flight price! The 2k price has 30kgs luggage included though.

old-timer
udonmap.com

Post by old-timer » August 8, 2011, 2:05 pm

thalenoi wrote:What a load of crap again from OT :D

Sure OT does prefer a 500 Baht 8h trip in a luxury VIP bus to/from Bangkok?
OT has travelled BKK-UTH-BKK 100's of times. And a couple of times using Air Asia. After the first trip with AA I should have known better.
As for taking the bus or train - never done it. I couldn't get a connection from BKK-UTH at songkran one year and was told that I could take the Bus or Train. I took a suite room at Sheraton Towers Bangkok for afew nights instead and had my wife fly down to meet me. Far more civilised.

OT............... \:D/

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 8, 2011, 2:34 pm

Perhaps you should have stayed at the Windsor and had her land on top using OT's private chopper

douglas
udonmap.com

Post by douglas » August 8, 2011, 3:34 pm

Hi,
Flown A.A. many times on BKK-Udon route. Never had a problem. IMO comfort was the same as with Thai airways. Only difference i have found is that Thai Air give you some food, i would not call it a meal, which i have never eaten. Took it home for the wife, and they charge a lot more, for the flight. It's less than a hours journey.
Traveled by bus a few times. I always travel with Udon Air bus service. Single fare, last time i used it, was 405B. Which Included a Thai meal and a drink plus blanket.. Bus very clean, as was toilet, and with reclining, massage, seats and A.C. and T.V.. We stopped off once for a break and the journey has always taken about six hours. Left just before 2300Hrs and arrived in BKK about 0500Hrs. does not call into any places. Goes straight through K.K. and by-passes Korat. The times suitted me for what i had to do.
Cheers Doug.

DRILLER
udonmap.com

Post by DRILLER » August 12, 2011, 12:12 pm

its about paying for full service & not full service. i dont mean any food either.

with full service there is no strandings...if the flight is cancelled by the airline you get a reschedule at no further cost, even on another airline.

if you have to make connections within reasonable but minimal time ( 5ish hours) , you soon learn that full service is better value, in third world coutries.

Return to “Travel & Transport”