Thai Airways

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
jackspratt
udonmap.com

Thai Airways

Post by jackspratt » April 17, 2012, 11:28 am

I flew recently from Bangkok to Udon on Thai Airways (TAI), and was interested to gain an understanding of how it has become such a successful airline.

The following is taken directly from the inflight magazine, and refer to HRH Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn (HRH) - the one whose personal plane was detained for some time at Munich Airport a few months ago.
In this current climate of competition in the global aviation industry, TAI is blessed to have HRH steer the airline in the right direction through his vision and determination to develop Thailand's aviation industry.........

Through HRH's foresight, TAI was able to maximise its full potential.............

To honour HRH's brilliant skills in the aviation industry ..............

Through HRH's great guidance, TAI will strive to maintain its position as one of the world's leading airlines, and continue to lead the way in technological excellence and safety standards.

thalenoi
udonmap.com

Thai Airways

Post by thalenoi » April 17, 2012, 12:45 pm

So you believe everything you read?

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Thai Airways

Post by jackspratt » April 17, 2012, 1:04 pm

thalenoi wrote:So you believe everything you read?
No, sometimes I have my doubts - the expression of which in some cases are driven by legal uncertainty. :D

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Thai Airways

Post by Bandung_Dero » April 17, 2012, 2:08 pm

Careful Jack, by editing the text in any form your treading on unstable terrain.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

rct
udonmap.com

Thai Airways

Post by rct » April 17, 2012, 4:50 pm

The topic is 'Thai Airways" not something tangential, so I will comment as a gold card member going way back, I always make sure I earn it in the first year of the renewal period, in order to obtain "second gold" meaning a second upgrade award. Also, they give a birthday gift of 50% off miles for an award ticket can use anytime during the year. They take great care of their members with lounges, priority waitlist, priority check in and luggage handling, extra luggage allowance, etc. The gold card is worth getting if one is a frequent flyer in the rerion or to and from Thailand.

Compared to the various US airlines, flying with Thai is a dream.

Yesterday I made a booking for end of May into June that includes a couple legs on United, HKG to Guam, Guam to Manila, though other segments on Thai. My travel agent said must issue by April 19th or United has a US$250 rebooking fee! Well, if I need to change or delay issuing this ticket, you can bet I won't choose to book it on United and blow $250 for nothing, there is a choice of Airlines.

Ricohoc
udonmap.com

Thai Airways

Post by Ricohoc » April 17, 2012, 5:23 pm

LOVE THAI AIR! =D> =D> =D>

I fly it every chance I get. They take very good care of me, my party, my luggage, etc. I'm sure there's a chance that I may have a disappointing experience at some point, but haven't had one yet.

:D

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Thai Airways

Post by jackspratt » April 17, 2012, 6:09 pm

I also think TAI is a good (albeit expensive) airline, but my OP was probably more focused on the added value. :D

pompui
udonmap.com

Thai Airways

Post by pompui » June 6, 2012, 1:15 pm

Click onto the 'Special fares/promotions' link to find out about Sawasdee Udon 1 june until 31 july.

http://www.thaiairways.com/index.html

Only applicable to the early flight TG002 and TG003,priced at 1700 baht excl taxes,conditions shown on the Sawasdee Udon link.
Also there seems to have been a flight time change also,TG003 that leaves daily from Udon used to leave 11.20am but now leaves 9am,maybe trying to get more people on connecting flights to Europe away from Air Asia or Nok Air :-k

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Thai Airways

Post by jackspratt » June 6, 2012, 1:33 pm

The fares pompui mentions above are only available Mon - Thurs.

http://www.thaiairways.com/offers/speci ... udon12.htm

Return to “Travel & Transport”