Thai smile

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
waanjai
udonmap.com

Thai smile

Post by waanjai » April 21, 2015, 2:50 am

ThaiSmile continues the bad habit to re-schedule their flights after You have booked and even received a "confirmed itinerary".

Probably to avoid any consequences they use the phrase "retimed" instead of "rescheduled" :lol: Could that help?

Please wear suitable clothing when attending a concert in Udon Thani. Slacks and short-sleeved shirts are ok, shorts, tank tops or muscle shirts are not.

pomps
udonmap.com

Thai smile

Post by pomps » April 21, 2015, 6:29 am

They let u know of their schedules on a 6 month basis,new schedule for the next 6 months just started this month.Not much change,still have their afternoon flight \:D/

wazza
udonmap.com

Thai smile

Post by wazza » April 21, 2015, 6:47 am

I could be wrong but dont the Terms and Conditions of most of these Budget Airlines give them the right to cancel, transfer the original flight.

Agree the issue many times is their lack of communication should they change for what ever reason.

I must admit when im flying to BKK with International connections i do give myself 4-5 hours transit time now due to possible domestic delays out of UTH.

pomps
udonmap.com

Thai smile

Post by pomps » April 21, 2015, 6:50 am

And the lack of seating is a bummer if 3 flights bunched up,looking forward to more legroom once Udonsville terminal 2 opens \:D/

Maybe no more 80 baht vouchers since only premium economy,no biz class seats,did help tho in buying a packet of chewing gum in the departure lounge :shock:

wazza
udonmap.com

Thai smile

Post by wazza » April 21, 2015, 7:27 am

Gold Card members got the 80 B voucher. Well i did.

bignote1
udonmap.com

Thai smile

Post by bignote1 » April 21, 2015, 10:28 am

waanjai wrote:ThaiSmile continues the bad habit to re-schedule their flights after You have booked and even received a "confirmed itinerary".

Probably to avoid any consequences they use the phrase "retimed" instead of "rescheduled" :lol: Could that help?
I had the same experience with Bangkok Airways. Months ago I booked a return flight BKK to UT
I was due to go up on the noon flight and had not some one on this forum mentioned their cancellations I would not have known they had cancelled (no e mail) until I got to the airport when I would have had a long wait for the evening flight. To their credit when I complained they quickly booked me on a mid afternoon flight with Thai Smile which I found to be a bog standard no frills operation.
Came back to BKK yesterday with Bangkok Airways........couldn't fault them. In the departure lounge at UT I had 2 sausage rolls a piece of cake, juice and good quality coffee. On the flight they served a very tasty,mildly spiced Cornish Pasty type thing ,fruit salad, juice and a cup of Builders tea.
They are most probably the best no frills airline I have flown with.

Barney
udonmap.com

Thai smile

Post by Barney » April 21, 2015, 5:46 pm

wazza wrote:Gold Card members got the 80 B voucher. Well i did.
I'm one of those privileged Gold member blokes Wazza.
You know you have made it as a traveler when you get that 80 baht ticket, I can be so smug sitting in the open air lounge with my view of the other poor misfortunates after collecting my luke warm small Leo and a yummy little sausage in a large roll.
Good one Thai smile!!

waanjai
udonmap.com

Thai smile

Post by waanjai » April 21, 2015, 8:40 pm

Today ThaiSmile "retimed" :lol: their WE6 flights from Bangkok to Udon. I.e. they postponed the departure time for almost one hour. Too bad for those that had an international flight arriving in Bangkok and some waiting hours already.
They get one more hour for free now.

P.S. I asked them whether they would grant free Lounge access to the victims of their rescheduling.
Please wear suitable clothing when attending a concert in Udon Thani. Slacks and short-sleeved shirts are ok, shorts, tank tops or muscle shirts are not.

waanjai
udonmap.com

Thai smile

Post by waanjai » May 8, 2015, 11:05 pm

Re-scheduling or re-timing did not help.Their flights from and to Udon are still not punctual. Transporting upcountry people in a timely manner seems not to be a priority for them. Better to forget this joke of an airline. Bangkok Airline seems to be more reliable - if they fly.

pomps
udonmap.com

Thai smile

Post by pomps » May 9, 2015, 12:18 am

waanjai wrote: Bangkok Airline seems to be more reliable - if they fly.
Hit the nail on the head with Bangkok airlines,enjoy afternoon flights,their loss so Thai smile get my booking 8)

parrot
udonmap.com

Thai smile

Post by parrot » May 23, 2016, 6:39 pm

Just returned from a trip to the US. Flew Thai Smile back and forth to Bangkok international connections (no alliance with Thai Smile). When I went to Bangkok, I checked in two suitcases......one 48 pounds and another 24. When I returned, I only checked one.......52 pounds. The other, heavier than the original 24 pounds, I carried on. I also carried on a full backpack. No problems at all. I was expecting to pay for the extra bag or at least for the extra weight.

On a side note: you can buy a bottle of water in the Royal Store at Suvarnaphumi Airport for 7 Baht. A container of fruit juice was 14 Baht. A few meters down the plankway in an individual Power stores, a bottle of water was 100 Baht. A container of fruit juice was 64.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Thai smile

Post by fatbob » May 23, 2016, 7:04 pm

What's a pound? English currency isn't it? Only seen kg's in Thailand.

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Thai smile

Post by Brian Davis » May 24, 2016, 6:19 am

parrot wrote:........A few meters down the plankway in an individual Power stores, a bottle of water was 100 Baht. A container of fruit juice was 64.
Would that be individual Power? Never mind, you'd be helping out with Leicester City's wage bill. :roll:

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Thai smile

Post by Lone Star » May 24, 2016, 8:38 am

Last edited by Lone Star on March 6, 2019, 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

tataw
udonmap.com

Thai smile

Post by tataw » June 11, 2016, 5:31 am

Has anyone tried to book a ticket on Thai Smile and attempted to pay with a credit card recently?

I have tried three different card types and it keeps giving an error message that One Time password not valid. Does mean that they want you to register first before making a booking? I have used the web site several times in the past and not encountered any problems.

Udon Map
Admin

Thai smile

Post by Udon Map » June 11, 2016, 5:35 am

tataw wrote:I have tried three different card types and it keeps giving an error message that One Time password not valid. Does mean that they want you to register first before making a booking? I have used the web site several times in the past and not encountered any problems.
Is the "One Time Password" from Thai Smile or your credit card company?

tataw
udonmap.com

Thai smile

Post by tataw » June 11, 2016, 5:58 am

It doesn't state where the error has generated from. I'm presuming it is from the Thai Smile web site as it is still during the booking process. I have just previously booked a flight on Thai with a cc and there was no problem

Zidane
udonmap.com

Thai smile

Post by Zidane » June 11, 2016, 9:01 am

Are you trying to book with Thai Smile on a foreign credit card or a Thai one ??
If its a foreign one this might be your answer.
From a poster on Thai Visa....

"I am at present in the UK and due to return to Thailand on the 30th. I have just spent a great deal of time trying to book a flight with Thai Smile Airways on the internet from BKK to Udon Thani. Several phone calls to said company later it turns out that the reason I cannot book this flight using my UK credit card is that the system has now changed and they no longer accept foriegn credit cards for flight booking. It would seem somebody in their infinite wisdom at Thai Smile Airways has decided that only people who have a Thai credit card can book with same."
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

tataw
udonmap.com

Thai smile

Post by tataw » June 11, 2016, 9:25 am

A foreign card

wazza
udonmap.com

Thai smile

Post by wazza » June 11, 2016, 10:37 am

Instead of charging a fee to cover The costs of processing Int Credit Cards, easier to just block them.

Thai logic at its best

Return to “Travel & Transport”