Thai smile

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
tutone
udonmap.com

Thai smile

Post by tutone » June 11, 2016, 10:42 am

This must be something new. I booked with U.S. credit card a month ago.

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Thai smile

Post by Aardvark » June 11, 2016, 10:45 am

I book Perth - Udon Return with Thai and pay with Credit Card no problem. They Automatically book you on Smile for the internal flight ...

Zidane
udonmap.com

Thai smile

Post by Zidane » June 11, 2016, 11:40 am

Did you two gents book via the Thai Airways website or the Thai Smile website ??
I think the Thai Airways site accepts foreign credit cards but the Thai Smile site will only take Thai credit cards. :-k
This from the same topic on Thai Visa....

"You can of course book with Thai airways but it will cost you another 500 baht, I wonder why!"
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

Barney
udonmap.com

Thai smile

Post by Barney » June 11, 2016, 12:11 pm

From their website
what does it all mean, some cards accepted, some not, virtual credit card, e-credit card

1. Reservation can be made and issued at least 4 hours in advance of the scheduled flight through Thai Smile website
www.thaismileair.com and/or Smile Call Center Tel. 02-118-8888. Except Smile Service Center at the airport where
reservation can be made at least 45 minutes prior the check-in time of that scheduled flight.

2. Payment includes air ticket fare, fees, airport taxes and other charges (if applicable) will be calculated and billed based on local currency of the departure destination. Payment can be done through the use of Visa or MasterCard credit card or debit card as per passenger convenience. Ticket will be issued once the payment has been completed and confirmed.

2.1 As the company only accepted certain credit card online, in the event where the reservation is made through www.thaismileair.com and the credit card is not accepted, kindly try another card or contact your financial institution to proceed.
2.2 In some countries, local law requires payment document with corresponding signature to reassure and identify the accurateness of the payment and the payment method will not appear in the reservation process.

2.3 Payment through Virtual credit card or e-credit card or other participating credit cards will not be accepted.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Thai smile

Post by BobHelm » June 11, 2016, 12:21 pm

I have never had an issue with them in the past paying with my UK issued HSBC debit card, so this is a real pity & a real step backwards.. As they are not exactly cheap anyway & I usually need to spend the night in BKK before my flight I will seriously think about going to Don Mueang from Udon instead in the future.

I assume that the issue with virtual credit cards/e-cards is that you do not have a physical card & the airlines like you to show your card when booking in - for some reason beyond me as you have to present official ID/Passport as well.. :(

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Thai smile

Post by Stantheman » June 12, 2016, 12:49 am

Do not know if it applies but my credit card company requires me to notify them if using card outside of U.S. and it may be that Thai Smile is using a process that shows charge from Thailand while Thai Air uses a different process that is OK with card company.

MrFixer
udonmap.com

Thai smile

Post by MrFixer » June 12, 2016, 7:37 pm

I have just booked a ThaiSmile flight bkk-uth for my wife using her recently-acquired HSBC UK visa debit card. No problems at all - went through immediately. Booked from our apartment in the UK.

Return to “Travel & Transport”