Immigration at Udon with Bangkok Airways

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
Nick@AUA
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by Nick@AUA » April 28, 2015, 5:38 pm

According to their website (link below), Bangkok Airways can check your baggage through to your final destination (with another airline). Now this may not be so amazing, but what they are also saying is that you can clear immigration at Udonthani airport, so you don't need to go through immigration in Bangkok.

If anyone has done this, or has knowledge of this please share. I have been to Udon airport many times and seen nothing that remotely resembles an immigration 'area'.

http://www.bangkokair.com/eng/pages/vie ... in-through

Many thanks in advance.

Nick

rreddin
udonmap.com

Post by rreddin » April 28, 2015, 6:13 pm

Yes, it is true, and it is a very good service.

When I recently travelled to the UK, my bags were checked in by Bangkok Airways at Udon Thani. They were on the baggage carousel at Heathrow when I got there. I had a late flight, so the immigration office was not open.

However, my son recently departed from Thailand. He took the early Bangkok Airways flight. His bags were cheked through to his destination. Not only that, the Bangkok Airways staff checked him in for his flight out of Thailand and issued him with a boarding card. They gave him a special badge to wear to show he was travelling internationally. I think the badge was returned when he cleared immigration - so I guess it is a way of ensuring only those with connecting flights out of Thailand can use the internation departure gate at Udon Thani airport.

Udon Thani airport Immigration (international departures) opens at 7.15 am. By 7.20 am he had cleared through immigration and into the departure lounge. At Bangkok, he went through the transit lounge to international departures.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » April 28, 2015, 7:28 pm

deplaning domestic passengers at Suvarnaphum are advised if they have international connecting flights that they can go through the CIP gate in the domestic area leading directly to a separate emigration desk instead of going up to the top floor departure area... Probably the badge handed to the poster's son was to allow him to go through the CIP gate..
Dave

samuel
udonmap.com

Post by samuel » April 28, 2015, 9:24 pm

FrazeeDK wrote:CIP gate..
what is CIP?
i think it is the CIQ (Customs, Immigration and Quarantine)

Return to “Travel & Transport”