DAILY GAS PRICES

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
JustanPearson
udonmap.com

DAILY GAS PRICES

Post by JustanPearson » March 31, 2007, 6:35 am

Is Thailand haveing the same GAS wars as US and CANADA
IN CANADA it is over $1 dollar a litre
What is the current price of GAS in THAILAND????

Justan Pearson

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » March 31, 2007, 1:35 pm

About US75cents a litre but the turbo diesels you hire get you a long way for your money.

JustanPearson
udonmap.com

Post by JustanPearson » April 1, 2007, 2:54 am

Thanks Aardvark Does the gas price go up and down everyday like it does here?
Or is it pritty stable ! 8) :D
Justan Pearson

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » April 1, 2007, 4:32 am

95 octane is a little over 80 cents a liter right now!The gov't regulates the prices and usually make 40 satang changes that are announced in the newspaper,as was done last Wed. for price changes on Thursday!

JustanPearson
udonmap.com

Post by JustanPearson » April 1, 2007, 9:57 am

Thanks bkkstan
atleast they give you notice....
here in canada it can change when you blink....
This morning it was 107. cents a litre
This evening it was 101. cents a litre
When I first started to drive at 16 years old it was 32 cents a litre
18 years later i do not drive anymore can not aford too
Main reason is the price of gas.... it is pritty bad how ESSO here can change the price with out a second thought
When I lived in England 6 years ago
We were lucky to see the price change once a month
and they gave you notice of the price change
WHAT'S up with CANADA and USA ??
They do what they want ... Because they know we need it, so bad and can not go with out??
IT'S VERY UNFAIR :( :mad: :cry:
Justan Pearson

Doc
udonmap.com

Post by Doc » April 1, 2007, 10:51 am

JustanPearson wrote:WHAT'S up with CANADA and USA ??
They do what they want ... Because they know we need it, so bad and can not go with out?? IT'S VERY UNFAIR :( :mad: :cry:
Canada buys its gas from the States.

The American oil companies have been posting record setting billion dollar plus profits over the last 2 years.

The republicans defend this as "proof that capitalisim works" and is good for the over all economy.

Where did all the profits go? Well, they didn't go into finding new oil. They didn't go into building any new refineries. Ah-hah! They went into the pockets of the oil company executives and share holders.

Yes - it is unfair - but big oil - and the military machine - run America.
Ain't Easy Being Me

JustanPearson
udonmap.com

Post by JustanPearson » April 2, 2007, 5:00 am

Someone tells me that In Thailand all GAS is same IE: Regular and no unleaded
England use to be like that but they changed because of NEW cars useing Unleaded and less pollution etc....
Canada and USA as far as I can remember use both Reglar and Unleaded
IS this true of Thailand AND why ??
:cry: :shock: :shock: :cry:
Justan Pearson

panick
udonmap.com

Post by panick » April 2, 2007, 7:21 am

2 Gas octanes...91 and 95....take ya pick :D
Bring back Saint

banpaeng
udonmap.com

Post by banpaeng » April 2, 2007, 8:09 am

They still use leaded gaso here. They are introducing Ethanol and I have seen it at the local pumps. A word or warning, Ethonol will eat up the gasket on small motors carb. What will it do to the motorcycles? Don't have a clue. Just something I steer clear of but we will find out shortly as Thais are jumping on it as it is cheaper.

JustanPearson
udonmap.com

Post by JustanPearson » April 2, 2007, 10:05 am

Thanks for info
No further Questions
Thanks alot Very helpful
Justan :D :D
Justan Pearson

Shaney30
udonmap.com

Post by Shaney30 » April 7, 2007, 1:24 am

JustanPearson wrote: When I lived in England 6 years ago
We were lucky to see the price change once a month
and they gave you notice of the price change
IT'S VERY UNFAIR :( :mad: :cry:
Things are a bit different now. Petrol has moved up one pence a litre this week. This is not because of any government budget changes, I think it is the vendors reacting to changing wholesale prices. Petrol did hit the magic ฃ1 a litre mark last year (around $2).
This is why I love driving in Thailand, drove from Chiang Mai to Pai and back for around ฃ15 in diesel!!!!

Seaserpent
udonmap.com

Post by Seaserpent » April 7, 2007, 5:48 am

banpaeng wrote:They still use leaded gaso here. They are introducing Ethanol and I have seen it at the local pumps. A word or warning, Ethonol will eat up the gasket on small motors carb. What will it do to the motorcycles? Don't have a clue. Just something I steer clear of but we will find out shortly as Thais are jumping on it as it is cheaper.
Thailand use 91 & 95 unleaded..... Ethanol has been used in Brazil for about 20 yrs and does the works...

From UNESCAP.org

One major achievement of the Royal Thai Government and NEPO that should also be mentioned, apart from successfully managing the petroleum situation in the country, was the complete eradication of leaded gasoline in 1996. The Government had been encouraging motorists to switch from unleaded to leaded gasoline since unleaded gasoline has been introduced into the country, in May 1991. By subsidizing the price of unleaded gasoline, retail price of leaded gasoline was more expensive and motorists were discouraged from using it. At the same time, heavy public campaign was carried out to inform the public about the benefits of switching to unleaded gasoline and information on the car models that were compatible with unleaded gasoline.

and this from EPPO.go.th

Gasohol Promotion and Future Demand

Biofuel has been developed in Thailand for some time and is now intensified with a view to reducing oil import. We have introduced to consumers in Bangkok metropolitan areas a biofuel product, that is, gasohol 95 or the so-called "E-10," which is the mixture of ethanol and Octane 91 gasoline at a ratio of 1 to 9. The price of gasohol 95 is set to be cheaper than that of gasoline 95 (at 3.75 US cents/litre) to induce gasohol utilization. And, the outcome is very satisfactory.

Now, our target is to distribute gasohol instead of gasoline nationwide. Octane 95 gasoline will be removed from the market in 2007 and Octane 91 gasoline in 2012. =D>

banpaeng
udonmap.com

Post by banpaeng » April 7, 2007, 6:59 am

Iook good to me. Ethanol is diffinatly in Udon. Glad they are not using leaded gaso.

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » April 7, 2007, 5:03 pm

Thai researchers develop a fuel cell vehicle.
7.4.07 h2 daily.com
Researchers in Thailand have developed a prototype vehicle that uses the latest fuel cell technology.The group of researchers from Electromagnetic Compatibility Lab at individual Mongkut's Institute of Technology at Lad Krabang (KMITL) along with the National Metal and Materials Technology Center and Sirindhorn International Institute of Technology recently announced the vehicle's development. KMITL's V.P.Weerachet Khanngern leads the project and mentions their vehicle uses no fuel or batteries, but that it can generate power from the fuel cells.

The method of development was accomplished by modifying a motorcycle-shaped electric vehicle and utilizing proton exchange membrane fuel cells (PEMFCs). PEMFCs offers lower temperature and pressure ranges, and appropriate for transport applications.

Weerachet further mentions that their vehicle can generate 500 watts of electrical power which is enough to drive it at approximately 19 miles per hour. KMITL's vehicle design was completed earlier this month, and an upgrade from a previous design developed in 2006.

Return to “Travel & Transport”