Bang Pa-In to Khorat Expressway

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Re: Bang Pa-In to Khorat Expressway

Post by FrazeeDK » August 8, 2020, 6:19 pm

there are lots of Transportation Department "update" videos on the M6 Motorway.. It is not complete yet.. The last contracts lgiven out evidently are for the toll plazas. Aerial videos put up in the last couple of weeks show 500 meter gaps in the expressway with large patches of dirt where these toll plazas are due to be constructed. Near as I can follow on the videos the opening date is early 2565 or 2022.. When you do your drive down it appears that the out Khorat Ring Road is also complete that swings wide to the west around Khorat and goes back into Rte 2 a goodly 15km south of where the inner Ring Road (Rte 304) hits Rte 2... It also swings around the east side of Khorat too but that appears to be a bit longer route and perhaps with some intersections as opposed to the West side..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVP8Yx2f4KM

Dave

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Bang Pa-In OUT n ABOUT

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 28, 2020, 2:45 pm

Dm.been on the road a few days ..notably the Bang Pa in to Korat route twice but full trip ...Udon to Buriram .. Korat .. Bkk.. Khao Yai .. Sisaket .. Ubon ..MSK ... .back Udon

Traffic resonably light even tho lots of road works on elavated u turns which is very welcome .. not one hold up and more and more great places to stop including many new PTT fun parks ..saw a few crazy drivers but no smashes which makes a change..

Also

Lamthakong resevour if brimming up to road level in some spots
Flooding in Chok Chai n Pak Chong on highway 24.. this stretch of road must hold the record for the most police check points but also a cracking steak n coffee stop near Nang Rong .

Also

Lots of police and army convoys .. korst to bkk .. bus after bus n truck sfter truck , i counted 30 buses of police in one convoy then a huge army personel movement within an hour of each other .

Also

I must be getting old ..driving in inner Bkk really pisses me off now .and i shout out lowd sometimes ....but all other faculties are ok Tam
Eye sight ..check
Hearing check
Road knowledge check
Sperm.count ..check . Re check

Any ither members seen owt to comment on whilstbout n about????

Dm
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Re: Bang Pa-In OUT n ABOUT

Post by DuiDui49 » October 28, 2020, 2:52 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
October 28, 2020, 2:45 pm
Dm.been on the road a few days ..notably the Bang Pa in to Korat route twice but full trip ...Udon to Buriram .. Korat .. Bkk.. Khao Yai .. Sisaket .. Ubon ..MSK ... .back Udon

Traffic resonably light even tho lots of road works on elavated u turns which is very welcome .. not one hold up and more and more great places to stop including many new PTT fun parks ..saw a few crazy drivers but no smashes which makes a change..

Also

Lamthakong resevour if brimming up to road level in some spots
Flooding in Chok Chai n Pak Chong on highway 24.. this stretch of road must hold the record for the most police check points but also a cracking steak n coffee stop near Nang Rong .

Also

Lots of police and army convoys .. korst to bkk .. bus after bus n truck sfter truck , i counted 30 buses of police in one convoy then a huge army personel movement within an hour of each other .

Also

I must be getting old ..driving in inner Bkk really pisses me off now .and i shout out lowd sometimes ....but all other faculties are ok Tam
Eye sight ..check
Hearing check
Road knowledge check
Sperm.count ..check . Re check Are the two swimming or in a liferaft DM ;)

Any ither members seen owt to comment on whilstbout n about????

Dm

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 28, 2020, 2:58 pm

In a jar on mi manklepiece alfie ... or theyvwere when i left udon :lol:

More good news .. large trucks banned from.inner Bkk in the day time .. means the beer will.come from.the port overnight =D>

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/bangkok-to ... -3-months/

Dm

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 29, 2020, 3:39 pm

Oh yeah ..add to the list

Normally onky seen at Songkhran and the New Year but lost count ov the loads of pick.ups loaded with fans , fridges furniture motorsais heading North .. presume its lasses from the once bright lights of .Bkk n Patts going home as no punters nowadays ..

Dm

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 9, 2023, 8:33 am

Any updates on the current status of this large project?

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 9, 2023, 8:53 am

I think they borrowed the crane to go get the bits of the Rama 2 overhead expressway which isnt overhead anymore

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » May 9, 2023, 10:17 am

My Way Thailand puts out regular updates albeit in Thai.. Usually with drone flyovers so you can see exactly what's going on.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYA0e1d6B4s The projected completion dates I've seen are at earliest next year.
Dave

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 9, 2023, 12:57 pm

Cheers FDK.

It sounds like not much has changed since my last trip along the route late last year.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » September 19, 2023, 9:52 am

The new/old M6 is now overgrown with vegetation. The highway to nowhere. The Edsel of motorways.
Attachments
M6 1.jpg

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » September 19, 2023, 11:02 am

bit by bit...

The project was conceived in 1997 as part of the national highway network master plan (and one of three segments serving the northeast region), but construction only began in 2016. It was originally scheduled for completion in 2020, and construction was reported to be 96 percent complete by then,[4] but the project faced delays due to outdated information from surveys conducted since 2008, necessitating modifications to the designs and extensions of the budget. It is now expected to open in 2025.[5][1]
Dave

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 19, 2023, 11:04 pm

I was on an elevated 30 or 40 km section of the Bang Pain to Korat expressway earlier today ... heading towards Bangers. The non elevated stretches do look overgrown and in need of attention.

Covered toll collection platforms being built at Sikhio

Nearing completion so maybe the money to grease the wheels has dried up and the big players have moved on to high speed trains n new airports.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » September 20, 2023, 6:55 pm

based on the last video put out by "My Way Thailand" there were several interchanges not yet completed as well as the toll plazas and rest areas which were said to be separate contracts..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jwkt7lMvGDo
Dave

Return to “Travel & Transport”