driving license renewal

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: driving license renewal

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 24, 2022, 3:31 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
November 24, 2022, 8:41 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 24, 2022, 7:34 am
Football was tagged on this thread just for you as postong on my phone n tinteret was a bit slow...

Back to driving licenses .. when moving home address wether to update your license or leave it until.next renewal... and is this process easy ..anyone done it ??

Dm
OH dear, I have NEVER EVER posted anything on your phone, you are certainly becoming delusional, to the extent having checked I do not even have your phone number and added to that fact do not want or need it !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wtf are you onnabout .. I ... thats me get it .. i was posting on umap using my phone not a PC .. delusional ..why would you have my number ??.. how could you post on my phone even if you did have my numver ??? You really are loosing the plot bidenesk style KP ..

Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 25, 2022, 7:20 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 24, 2022, 3:31 pm
Khun Paul wrote:
November 24, 2022, 8:41 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 24, 2022, 7:34 am
Football was tagged on this thread just for you as postong on my phone n tinteret was a bit slow...

Back to driving licenses .. when moving home address wether to update your license or leave it until.next renewal... and is this process easy ..anyone done it ??

Dm
OH dear, I have NEVER EVER posted anything on your phone, you are certainly becoming delusional, to the extent having checked I do not even have your phone number and added to that fact do not want or need it !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wtf are you onnabout .. I ... thats me get it .. i was posting on umap using my phone not a PC .. delusional ..why would you have my number ??.. how could you post on my phone even if you did have my numver ??? You really are loosing the plot bidenesk style KP ..
Yet another rant, the poor chap has really lost it, go back to peddling your booze, and leave us intelligent people to concentrate on the the posts real subject matter thank-you .

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 25, 2022, 8:18 am

Ignoring KPs obvious onset of old age and stupidity ..

Will re post this as it may of got lost in the last post

DM

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » November 25, 2022, 8:57 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 25, 2022, 8:18 am
Ignoring KPs obvious onset of old age and stupidity ..

Will re post this as it may of got lost in the last post

DM
AFIK the vast majority don’t change, so there is no information that I’ve seen
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

Potamoi
udonmap.com
Location: Halfway between Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and Ona-i-Lau

Post by Potamoi » November 25, 2022, 9:14 am

To add to DM's question, is it necessary to report a passport number change with the DLT? I have decided to wait until renewal time next year but it would be nice to know if I should report the change by the letter of the law.

NOTE: Like most, I use the DL for domestic flights and hotels in Thailand along with other ID needs at Kerry, post office etc.

For added info, the labour department told my wife to wait until renewal for the passport number change in the work permit system. I shall follow that logic me thinks.
I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night
Benjamin Franklin

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk and remove all doubt
Maurice Switzer *(assumed)

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 25, 2022, 9:21 am

I asked the exact same question at DLT KK Road, they said simple task just come with NEW Passport and current D/L they will change, sorry did not ascertain cost .
It is a Government Agency issued Card with ID details and as such is taken as correct so if any deviation, suggest change rather than wait unless you DO NOT NEED TO USE the D/L as you have mentioned .
As opposed to a Work Permit where the user ( you ) and the place you are working are fully aware of whom you are.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » November 25, 2022, 9:37 am

For those who have a "pink card" with a Thai ID number, this is probably the preferred form of identification on government documents.

It obviates the need for changes when you get a new passport.

It is the one used on my MDL, as well as my Tax ID - which I was required to get by my Oz bank for some now forgotten reason.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 25, 2022, 9:50 am

jackspratt wrote:
November 25, 2022, 9:37 am
For those who have a "pink card" with a Thai ID number, this is probably the preferred form of identification on government documents.

It obviates the need for changes when you get a new passport.

It is the one used on my MDL, as well as my Tax ID - which I was required to get by my Oz bank for some now forgotten reason.
Agree, that is something I have yet to acquire, everytime I go the queues are staggering

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 25, 2022, 10:16 am

Potamoi wrote:
November 25, 2022, 9:14 am
To add to DM's question, is it necessary to report a passport number change with the DLT? I have decided to wait until renewal time next year but it would be nice to know if I should report the change by the letter of the law.

NOTE: Like most, I use the DL for domestic flights and hotels in Thailand along with other ID needs at Kerry, post office etc.

For added info, the labour department told my wife to wait until renewal for the passport number change in the work permit system. I shall follow that logic me thinks.
It's only necessary to update it if your DL is going to be used in conjunction with a yellow book, pink ID card and/or immigration letter of residence for proof of residential address for the likes of a hire purchase agreement or a car note. With their pedantic need for double proof of everything, some branches of some banks may want your DL as as part of their bank account opening melange and it it doesn't address match with everything else, the word 'Cannot' may be casually invoked.

Since the LTO will only reissue the updated DL to the same expiration date as the current one, save your time and money and change the passport number on your renewal next year.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 25, 2022, 3:40 pm

Thanks for the info gents ..

Obviously when changing address your visa and WP must be updated ithis follows on the change of our business address.

I just wasnt sure re driving license ,,,,cant say i use my DL for any other than showing police at a road check point.
As KP says seems not to.difficult may as well update the DL .. one thing i was wondering in case of an accident including a death would incorrect address on DL void the insurance stopping a claim ???
Now thinking
Adrdess on the following perhaps
Car insurance policy
The blue book.car ownership
Bank accounts
Covid vaccination book
Medical.insurances
Plus a few more fir sure

Im.guessing when getting a new passport there will be all the same updates above plus quite a few more .. im.due that joy in 2024.

Once again thanks for the replies.

DM

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » November 26, 2022, 6:42 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 25, 2022, 3:40 pm

Im.guessing when getting a new passport there will be all the same updates above plus quite a few more .. im.due that joy in 2024.
There is the benefit of having a pink card and yellow book, as it can be used for most things, like bank accounts, driving licences etc. So reducing theThe number of things that need to be updated when changing your passport.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 26, 2022, 7:17 am

This only my opinion not based on anything but gut instinct, IF your D/L has incorrect Passport Number it could be declared illegal and that MAY interfere with any Insurance payout ,
Seeing as iT is a Government Agency form of ID, I would NOT like to test the boundaries, quicker to just change details as and when required . It is not as if most of us have nothing better to do is it !!

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » July 17, 2023, 8:00 pm

The wife needs to renew her motorcycle driving licence and my step daughter her car driving licence.

What is the latest situation on where they can renew these? Is there any other options then using the main office on the KK Road?

I understand that AEK Udon and Central Plaza are not longer possible options but please confirm if this is wrong?

We will be heading to Nong Han to see family so if no options inside Udon City this would be preferable over KK Road.

Thanks

Isaanfarang
udonmap.com

Post by Isaanfarang » July 17, 2023, 9:13 pm

The main office on KK road is the only option.
I did my renewal there last week, appointment done online.

Potamoi
udonmap.com
Location: Halfway between Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and Ona-i-Lau

Post by Potamoi » July 17, 2023, 9:31 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:

Obviously when changing address your visa and WP must be updated ithis follows on the change of our business address.

I just wasnt sure re driving license ,,,,cant say i use my DL for any other than showing police at a road check point.
As KP says seems not to.difficult may as well update the DL .. one thing i was wondering in case of an accident including a death would incorrect address on DL void the insurance stopping a claim ???
Now thinking
Car insurance policy
Bank accounts
Covid vaccination book
Medical.insurances
Plus a few more fir sure

DM
DM, The wife called after my last passport renewal:

- WP no issue with the labour Dept until next renewal (doing it next week, will revise this if it goes pear shaped)
- DL they had no defined reason to change the PPT number when she called but mine is due in Sep so I elected to skip the preemptive change until renewal just to save the time down there.
- Vaccine Book - Who gives a sh it any more. Not a document I need to worry about any further
- Bank accounts - keep your old passport for the day they need it
- Health records - just take the new one with you and change at the front desk
- Health Insurance - I did this when I renewed
- Car Insurance - are all (well most) in my wifes name anyway, one in the company name and the old car in my registration name only has the liability mandatory one on it in her name (I'm guessing now).
I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night
Benjamin Franklin

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk and remove all doubt
Maurice Switzer *(assumed)

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 17, 2023, 9:46 pm

Isaanfarang wrote:
July 17, 2023, 9:13 pm
Not the only option .. iv used the LTO in Nong Han for all related stuff inc DL renewals and vehicle modifications certs...IMO eemed like a quicker service less stressful location than on the KK rd
Potamoi wrote:
July 17, 2023, 9:31 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:

Now thinking
Car insurance policy
Bank accounts
Covid vaccination book
Medical.insurances
Plus a few more fir sure

DM
DM, The wife called after my last passport renewal:

- WP no issue with the labour Dept until next renewal (doing it next week, will revise this if it goes pear shaped)
- DL they had no defined reason to change the PPT number when she called but mine is due in Sep so I elected to skip the preemptive change until renewal just to save the time down there.
- Vaccine Book - Who gives a sh it any more. Not a document I need to worry about any further
- Bank accounts - keep your old passport for the day they need it
- Health records - just take the new one with you and change at the front desk
- Health Insurance - I did this when I renewed
- Car Insurance - are all (well most) in my wifes name anyway, one in the company name and the old car in my registration name only has the liability mandatory one on it in her name (I'm guessing now).
Thanks Potty ..i got all myducks in a row ready for my new passport arriving ..pretty much as you have posted

DM

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » July 18, 2023, 11:31 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
July 17, 2023, 9:46 pm
Isaanfarang wrote:
Not the only option .. iv used the LTO in Nong Han for all related stuff inc DL renewals and vehicle modifications certs...IMO eemed like a quicker service less stressful location than on the KK rd
Potamoi wrote:
July 17, 2023, 9:31 pm

[/

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » July 18, 2023, 11:36 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
July 17, 2023, 9:46 pm
Isaanfarang wrote:
I agree, though when I renewed my license last time there was either no appointment online or I didn’t do one and was seen almost immediately, no waiting.

FWIW there are at least 5 DLT offices nearer than Nong Han that we use for other purposes.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 26, 2023, 11:17 am

My Thai DL still has a couple of years to run but I am now on a different passport so the 'ID Number' on the DL is incorrect. I changed this once before, maybe 8 years ago at the LTO shop underneath AEK Udon. Does anyone know if simple ID changes can still be done there or maybe at the LTO in Central? Or is it another ball ache at the main Nong Soong LTO?

Ta
tam
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » July 26, 2023, 12:42 pm

tamada wrote:
July 26, 2023, 11:17 am
My Thai DL still has a couple of years to run but I am now on a different passport so the 'ID Number' on the DL is incorrect. I changed this once before, maybe 8 years ago at the LTO shop underneath AEK Udon. Does anyone know if simple ID changes can still be done there or maybe at the LTO in Central? Or is it another ball ache at the main Nong Soong LTO?

Ta
tam
Just a FWIW. when I asked a while ago I was advised to just change it at the next renewal date.

AFIK there is absolutely no problem with having a different number on your DL and Passport.

Also since my DL, now, doesn’t have my passport number but has my Thai ID card number (pink card) I will never have to change it again.

If you get a new passport it is the ideal time to also have a pink card as many institutions will use that.

Return to “Travel & Transport”