Hotel in BKK,& Nok air

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
richard-px1
udonmap.com

Hotel in BKK,& Nok air

Post by richard-px1 » July 24, 2008, 12:19 am

Hi everyone,i arrive Bangkok on the 02/10/08 Wed,stay Thurs &Fri in BKK, fly Bkk to Udon on sat.
ANY tips on a good hotel in BKK,i stayed at the quaility suites hotel in April,not bad , cheap,but a little out of the way.
Flight to Udon,flew Thai airways before,but is NOK air ok ,all the Thais seem to use it,thank you :D

dick,p

rickfarang
udonmap.com

Post by rickfarang » July 24, 2008, 12:48 am

First Choice: Manhattan Hotel. Sukhumivit Soi 15. Excellent location, professional and caring staff, and the low price includes a clean room and a hearty breakfast. About 40 minutes to either airport by taxi, less than 10 minutes walk to the Skytrain if you need to go across town. In one of the major centers for tourists and business travelers -Farang comforts in every restaurant and shop.

Second Choice: Royal Asian Lodge, Sukhumvit Soi 8. About 600 meters from the Sukhumvit and the skytrian station. Not much or a restaurant, but its less expensive than the Manhattan, and in the morning you can take the free shuttle to Sukhumvit, take the escalator over Sukhumvit via the Skytrain station and have and ecellent breakfast at Pasta 'n Noodles on the other side of the road. Do not book here if its for only one night, of they will give you the problem room. Fine for two or more nights.

I book both the Manhattan and the Royal Asia Lodge with agoda (www.agoda.com). They have pretty good prices and their service is the best I have found (like the hotel itself).

If you want something cheap, try Thai House Inn. (But you would be much happier at the Manhattan or Royal Asia). The Thai House Inn is in a very noisy Soi, but it can't be beat for accessibility to the nightlife. And did I mention that its the least expensive safe hotel in the neighborhood?
http://www.ecosea.com/eco/HTM/Thai%20Ho ... thouse.htm

westerby
udonmap.com

Re: Hotel in BKK,& Nok air

Post by westerby » July 24, 2008, 4:16 am

richard-px1 wrote:flew Thai airways before,but is NOK air ok
Nok Air is just fine (and so are their Thai hostesses).

Last year we got more baggage allowance on Nok when we went First/Business class which is good for the Dragon because she always goes back with suitcases full of Gawd knows what.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 24, 2008, 10:02 am

Have a look here for accommodation:

http://www.majesticsuites.com/

Clean, new, though smallish rooms.

Right in the middle of the action - around the corner from Nana, and a 10 minute walk to Soi Cowboy. Also right on the Skytrain.

LaurentZ

Post by LaurentZ » July 25, 2008, 2:44 am

richard-px1 wrote: Flight to Udon,flew Thai airways before,but is NOK air ok ,all the Thais seem to use it,thank you :D
Nok Air is nice and their flight times are very convenient.
However I read that they could stop the BKK-UTH flights very soon beacuse of all what we know ... has someone more information ?

westerby
udonmap.com

Post by westerby » July 25, 2008, 2:59 am

LaurentZ wrote:However I read that they could stop the BKK-UTH flights very soon beacuse of all what we know ... has someone more information ?
The price of fuel I s'pose...

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » July 25, 2008, 6:50 am

nok air have cancelled their lunchtime flights udon to bkk, and visa versa except on fridays and sundays , they seem very shaky at the moment, so if your thinking long term booking, stick to thai.

richard-px1
udonmap.com

Post by richard-px1 » July 25, 2008, 9:51 pm

[quote="saint"]nok air have cancelled their lunchtime flights udon to bkk, and visa versa except on fridays and sundays , they seem very shaky at the moment, so if your thinking long term booking, stick to thai.[/quote

Thanks for the info :D
dick,p

richard-px1
udonmap.com

Post by richard-px1 » July 25, 2008, 9:51 pm

saint wrote:nok air have cancelled their lunchtime flights udon to bkk, and visa versa except on fridays and sundays , they seem very shaky at the moment, so if your thinking long term booking, stick to thai.
Good to know that,thank you :D
dick,p

richard-px1
udonmap.com

Post by richard-px1 » July 25, 2008, 9:52 pm

saint wrote:nok air have cancelled their lunchtime flights udon to bkk, and visa versa except on fridays and sundays , they seem very shaky at the moment, so if your thinking long term booking, stick to thai.
Cheers thank you :D
dick,p

richard-px1
udonmap.com

Post by richard-px1 » July 25, 2008, 10:03 pm

Thanks for all the info,on both hotel and which Airline,very helpfull,cheers. :D
dick,p

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » August 19, 2008, 11:31 am

Any suggestions where I could stay a bit nearer or convenient for Suvarnabhumi airport, but without being too close or on top of it?

I fly into Don Muang from Phuket, and then have to overnight somewhere, before flying out of S'poom the next morning. I don't really want to go (taxi) all the way into Sukumvit, pay top hotel rates and then have to go all the way back out to S'poom the next morning.

Does anyone know of somewhere where there is something to do that's closer to S'poom than Sukumvit, where I can stay overnight? Hotel target price 800 -1200 baht per night.

Thanks

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Post by merchant seaman » August 19, 2008, 11:34 am

Check out the NASA VEGAS HOTEL. 15 minutes from new airport not fantastic a bit like the old NANA
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » August 19, 2008, 11:39 am

rickfarang
udonmap.com

Post by rickfarang » August 19, 2008, 12:20 pm

I don't think it makes much difference whether you stay close to the airport or far a way, Arjay. During most hours of the day,it can take nearly as much time go move a few KM on surface roads as it does to travel half way across town on the expressway.

It seems that the hotels near the airport are isolated from restaurants and shopping, and many charge a premium for the privilege of being isolated. I would much rather take the taxi a few km more to get to a clean, inexpensive hotel within walking distance of restaurants and other amenities, often saving money in the process.

sparky
udonmap.com

Post by sparky » August 19, 2008, 2:13 pm

I love Bangkok City Suites Hotel 900 baht double room with buffet breakfast for two and free interenet. Hotel is new. It is ab out 15 min walk from Rachethewi BTS stop. I like Air Asia but it goes to new Airport.

handsome-Dane
udonmap.com

Post by handsome-Dane » August 19, 2008, 2:16 pm

Check out Stable Lodge. Great food and OK hotel with beautiful garden and pool..
Its on sukhumvit soi 8, very close to Nana ... hehehehe 8)

thalenoi
udonmap.com

Post by thalenoi » August 20, 2008, 9:55 am

Arjay,

I had similar problem several times and solved by staying on Rachada Pisek, halfway out Dong Muang and Savanaboom, easy to get on highway to SV, one toll only.
I tried Siam Beverly around 1100B, ok hotel, then The Palazzo 100m in a soi behind The Emerald, 1200B, The Emerald is the best of the lot, but at 2050B.
Grab a taxi, insist on meter, 200B to SV. Probably 200B also from Don Muang.
Both hotels 100/200m from subway, have buffet food, Robinson walking distance Carrefour and Fortune mall one subway stop away, night-life in reach with a few stops.
See all at http://www.thaihoteldiscounts.com/

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » August 25, 2008, 5:45 pm

hi arjay vlad here do you live in patong or do you only holiday there

Return to “Travel & Transport”