Hospitals in udon Thani for child birth

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
Suttoh
udonmap.com

Post by Suttoh » April 8, 2012, 9:03 pm

Hi all, my Thai wife is pregnant, we are looking at the army hospital for the birth, has anyone had any experience with this, or could recommend a good hospital , any help is appreciated, thanks,

Suttoh

tonytuy2005
udonmap.com

Hospitals in udon Thani

Post by tonytuy2005 » April 9, 2012, 9:04 am

The best one is Thai Military Hospital on the road for Konkaen , but also AEK or Paolo Mem. are good, don't go to public hospital, is a nightmare !!!! Anyway all the best for you and your wife !! Good luck !!!!

lee
udonmap.com

Hospitals in udon Thani

Post by lee » April 9, 2012, 9:10 am

My daughter was born at the Army hospital a couple of years ago, on the whole it was a very positive experience and I would highly recommend it.

Prenders88
udonmap.com

Post by Prenders88 » April 9, 2012, 9:20 am

I've switched from AEK to the Military Hospital, was easy to sign up, just take yellow book, passport, and driving licence. Care exactly the same as the private hospitals, at a fraction of the cost.
Popular food court within the grounds, and plenty of parking.
Udon Thani, best seen through your car's rear view mirror.

Suttoh
udonmap.com

Post by Suttoh » April 9, 2012, 10:25 am

Hi all, thanks for the info, we have pretty much decided to go with the military hospital, one question though, what is a yellow book??? Anyway thanks again, kind regards,

Suttoh

Suttoh
udonmap.com

Hospitals in udon Thani

Post by Suttoh » April 9, 2012, 10:26 am

tonytuy2005 wrote:The best one is Thai Military Hospital on the road for Konkaen , but also AEK or Paolo Mem. are good, don't go to public hospital, is a nightmare !!!! Anyway all the best for you and your wife !! Good luck !!!!
Thanks for the kind wishes

Ricohoc
udonmap.com

Post by Ricohoc » April 9, 2012, 4:58 pm

Suttoh wrote:one question though, what is a yellow book???
It's the equivalent of your wife's residency Blue Book. In fact, your Yellow Book will have the same number as her Blue Book if you choose to get one.

The Yellow Book shows that the foreigner has established a residence. I have one, and it has opened many doors and eliminated a lot of red tape and hassles. The Yellow Book can be obtained at the government offices adjacent to Tungse Muang in the center of town.

When I got mine, it was free. All I needed was my passport, my wife, her Blue Book, our marriage license, and two witnesses to vouch for my residency. I have no idea what the procedure is today.

gprit2
udonmap.com

Post by gprit2 » September 27, 2012, 4:18 am

Interesting information - thanks. My Thai fiancee is expecting our first child next Spring.
Any thoughts on what monthly scans and birth actually costs (approx). Also, I am not resident in Thailand. and as we are not married will I be able to get 'yellow book'? if not can we still register for Military Hospital/AEK/Paolo?
thanks

Prenders88
udonmap.com

Post by Prenders88 » September 27, 2012, 10:37 am

No problem signing up for private hospitals, they just want your money, government hospitals may need to see a long term visa, and proof that you live here. I don't think you'll get a Yellow book on a tourist visa. The Military hospital has all the latest kit.
Udon Thani, best seen through your car's rear view mirror.

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » September 27, 2012, 10:49 am

gprit2 wrote:Any thoughts on what monthly scans and birth actually costs (approx).
Scans at the local clinics cost between 500-1,000bt and private hospitals usually charge double that and add a doctors fees on top. The costs of a natural birth at a private hospital can range from 30,000 - 40,000. The military hospital charged 5,000bt 2 years ago (not including room).

nabanga
udonmap.com

Post by nabanga » September 27, 2012, 5:02 pm

I live in lao but have been using AEK for the wifes pregnancy - a scan with checkup costs about 2800baht, and a general checkup without scan about 1000.
Delivery with C section is steep at 56,000 baht but this includes apartment accomodation and all the innoculations for the first 18 months (which they reckon would normally cost 12000).

I didnt know about the army hospital - would have tried it out if I'd known - or do you have to live in thailand to use it?.

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » September 27, 2012, 5:46 pm

I posted on the other thread about scans, but yes in a clinic should be well under 1000 baht. Yes, military hospital best bet - if your wife is thai, no problem. Even if not, sure it is OK as long as you pay. Didn't seem overcrowded.

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » September 27, 2012, 7:01 pm

You might like to see my post on the newly named Bangkok hospital.
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

gprit2
udonmap.com

Post by gprit2 » October 10, 2012, 11:29 pm

Thai Military Hospital on the road for Konkaen
Does anyone have telephone number/email for this???

thanks

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » October 11, 2012, 6:04 am

I can honestly say that my cleaners sisteer has just had a bay in the Military hospital cost 15,ooo Thb, did see the romm she was in very nice, don't know if 'C' section or natural, but seemed ok and quiet not thousands of people running around and personally I would avoid AEK like the plague they are only interested about money, patients are secondary on their list of importance.

bubbles
udonmap.com

Post by bubbles » October 11, 2012, 8:57 am

I think you cant go pass the military hospital. My son was born there 5 years a go, all was perfect and spotlessly clean.

writemotive
udonmap.com

Post by writemotive » October 11, 2012, 1:34 pm

My wife has had 2 babies by c-Section at the public hospital ("Udon" I guess) and she chose to have the second baby there over any other hospitals in Udon. I was there for the birth, crowded and no privacy (as all the private rooms were taken) but everything went well and both our children are in excellent health. Cost, 6,000 baht each. btw: our experiences with AEK have been (as most posts state) mixed. We haven't done any follow up at the public hospital as we general use a private clinic which is good but more expensive. I think my wife said the public hospital for vaccines (anyway) is free.

jimboLV
udonmap.com

Post by jimboLV » October 11, 2012, 2:58 pm

Hello Suttoh. Well you're getting a lot of advice, kind of like the "best hamburger" thread. :D For a child birth I would think that any of the mainstream hospitals in Udon would be OK. We have friends who have had babies at many different hospitals and no complaints. Our little girl was born at AEK Udon and I would highly recommend them, but as has been pointed out, they are expensive. Cost us 28,000 baht for everything, including return visits for checkup and shots.

One tip. Make sure that you are on the birth certificate as the father, and make sure that the package includes a certified translation. Some hospitals do that routinely, others don't.

gprit2
udonmap.com

Post by gprit2 » October 12, 2012, 2:56 pm

Urgent
Does ANYONE have the telephone number / full address for the Miltary Hospital as I cannot find their phone number anywhere?f

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » October 12, 2012, 3:27 pm

gprit2 wrote:Urgent
Does ANYONE have the telephone number / full address for the Miltary Hospital as I cannot find their phone number anywhere?f
If you google <military hospital udon thani>, this comes up as the 2nd reference. :-k

http://www.udonmap.com/en/udonthani-bus ... pital.html

Return to “Health & Beauty”