dentist: current prises

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
JMT42
udonmap.com

Re: dentist: current prises

Post by JMT42 » October 4, 2016, 11:15 am

I just looked up a site in Canada the price was $2200 CA for a screw in, I guess this lot has priced themselfs out of the market.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » October 4, 2016, 2:03 pm

Panda Dental Clinic has a sign up that says implants 38,000 Baht. I've never been there.....just pass by frequently. It's a newish clinic. The final shop on SriChomCheun, at the 3 way intersection with Makkaeng School.
http://pandadentalclinic.com/contact.html

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » October 4, 2016, 6:12 pm

All that I can say is WOW! Prices seem to have more than tripled in 5 years. WOW!

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » October 4, 2016, 8:17 pm

I just had an old gold crown removed from a tooth was broken off some years back.Half the original tooth was still there and some small decay had started under it.

So after removing the old crown, he reshaped the original stump of the tooth, redid root canal on one of the two tooth roots, then placed a full ceramic crown back over the remaining part of the original tooth. Total of 2 hours in the chair over two sessions for US 650 = TB 22,400.

If they (the Thai Dentist) is only charging TB 6,500 = US 190, for a Dental Crown and it is something similar or close to a Ceramic Crown, then it is fantastic value.

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

Happybird77
udonmap.com

Post by Happybird77 » October 4, 2016, 8:58 pm

I have been reading this thread for quite awhile, now I can't stand it any longer. Do you want info? Having a very successful Dental business for 20+ years and still studying 15 years after retiring, the info you guys are posting is terrible. Its late now, but I want to write and touch on most of the problems you are listing and what and why, another day. Right now, a couple ideas..You cannot "redo" a root canel". A root canel is taking out the root of the tooth, how can you redo something that is not there, unless it was never done in the first place? I worked with many Dentists, Surgeons, many who "wrote the law" on Dental procedures. Believe it or not, I challenged them and taught most of them a bit or two. Most of us are inclined a way or some other, I am "machanically inclined". I worked for "Implantologists" and after my study of understanding what they are doing I cane up with these ideas. Most do not take your age into consideration, most have no idea of "balance or function". For an implant to function it must be placed on the ridge of the bone (think of the crest of the road) if not, its life is greatly reduced. In fact, it may lead to severe jaw infection. How old are you? Are you losing bone mass? Don't pay for implants. If a crown is "ill-fitting" it will result in what I named" Black death". This is a black line around the gingival of the tooth. Its days are numbered.
I can help with: why do I have bad breath
Why can't I chew anything
Why do I bite my cheeks
Should I do this or that
One thing most do not do: Brush properly.
Go to youtube, type in how to brush properly
Type in how to floss properly.
Got smelly breath, puffy red gums? Could be piorea (maybe I spelled it wrong)
What can you do for this? Spend thousands of dollars to have your gums cut open and scraped......or you can start flossing and rinsing with a "Antiseptic". Don't use that sugery mouth wash, Scope, ect.
Time for bed. I could write a book here, maybe its better if you bring your questions.
Should I start a new thread? Am I on someone elses? Someone let me know
Regards

GARYZX6R
udonmap.com

Post by GARYZX6R » October 4, 2016, 9:32 pm

RLTrader wrote:All that I can say is WOW! Prices seem to have more than tripled in 5 years. WOW!
How do you come to this conclusion ? :-k

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » October 4, 2016, 10:17 pm

Happybird77 wrote:I have been reading this thread for quite awhile, now I can't stand it any longer. Do you want info? Having a very successful Dental business for 20+ years and still studying 15 years after retiring, the info you guys are posting is terrible. Its late now, but I want to write and touch on most of the problems you are listing and what and why, another day. Right now, a couple ideas..You cannot "redo" a root canel". A root canel is taking out the root of the tooth, how can you redo something that is not there, unless it was never done in the first place?
Huh? Of course you can redo a root canal. The root of a tooth is not removed during the root canal process. Remove the root of the tooth and there's nothing holding it in your mouth any more.

The root canal is just that, -- a canal which goes down the middle of the root and contains the "pulp" of the tooth. The pulp is comprised of nerves, blood vessels and connective tissue, none of which are critical once the adult tooth is solidly in place in your mouth. In root canal treatment, the pulp (which by this time has usually become infected) is removed by one or more methods, often including drilling and flushing. It is usually first replaced by an antibiotic gel which is allowed to remain in the tooth for a period of days to ensure that the infection is completely gone. Then, on a subsequent visit to the dentist, the antibiotic is removed and the canal (now a vacant space) is first cleaned, then filled, often with gutta percha. Then the top of the tooth is sealed.

Occasionally (but seldom), there is some infection remaining in the canal after treatment. In that event, the top of the canal is reopened by drilling a hole through it, and the procedure repeated.

But to be clear, the root stays in place and remains intact, continuing to serve its function of anchoring the tooth in the mouth. It's the contents of the canal in the middle of the root which is removed; and, yes, on the relatively rare occasions when root canals fail the first time, they can be and are redone.

Happybird77
udonmap.com

Post by Happybird77 » October 5, 2016, 12:07 pm

I have to disagree about the root canal proceedure. A root canal is done to remove the nerve, When the nerve is gone all you have is a "dead" tooth with its roots.Yes, the roots are never removed or destroyed, hence they are remained to build upon or anchor to. An anterior tooth has 1 root, while the molars have 4 roots. This is why, if you have pain in a front tooth you can pinpoint that tooth, but the posterior teeth have several roots, so its harder to put your finger on the one that is having the pain. If you fracture a tooth close to the pulp you have 2 choices, pull it (cheaper) or crown it. Most Dr's will crown it because they can make (take)more money. I am offering my "advice" because I worked with a couple hundred dentists. I created all their dental appliances and instructed them as to what is the best approach, to be successful. . You have Removable (dentures, partials, bruxer splints, ect) and fixed (crown, bridges, implants, ect). My business was built on being "successful", not rich, but if you are honest and do the best, the money (rewards) will follow.
When you go to a Dentist, he holds all the cards, he will sell you what he wants, the public is basically ignorant to what is going on. If there are any dentists out there, you will disagree with anything I say, because I tell the truth.
Why have prices gone up so much? Higher insurance ratess, higher employee costs, but mainly, GREED.

Happybird77
udonmap.com

Post by Happybird77 » October 5, 2016, 1:05 pm

If you are considering an implant, if your Doc does not use a Cad Cam 3d Imaging machine, he is taking a guess where to drill into your maxilla or mandable bone. If its not placed properly, it will fail eventually, and he will give you excusses why it failed (setting you up for the next attack on your wallet).
Why do I know about the inside operations of this industry? Again, for me to be successful, I had to understand what they wanted to do or were doing and guide them to the most predictable outcome. There is a saying, "When the Dentists are in School, they learn about the money maker proceedures, when they are about to learn about removeable, they skip class and party" . The best Doc's I seen were the ones who served in Military Dental. They saw the worst cases and had to think quick.
Economical choices for a missing tooth: a Nesbit partial, this is like a partial but one tooth, it is anchored by clasping the tooth in front of it and the tooth behind it. On an anterior missing tooth (front teeth), the option is a "butterfly". Its a cast partial with posterior "wings" that will allow it to be cemented to the adjoining teeth, thus eliminating the "sin" of destroying pertectly healhy teeth. The replacement tooth will be bonded to the Butterfly.

Happybird77
udonmap.com

Post by Happybird77 » October 5, 2016, 1:55 pm

Admin, you are right by the fact I failed to note the root is the nerve. Once the nerve is taken out, you can build on the remaining tooth, but the tooth is not healhty, it is dead and will serve you as long as it can. I have 1 gold crown done by a friend who does precision work. My best/friend Dr. prepped the tooth which was very close to the pulp but not into it. This is why a root canal was not necessary. When he tried in the finished crown, the crown had such a precision fit he had to "tap" it to take it off. (my friends two front centrals have never been cemented in, they are such a friction grip). The crack in my tooth was stressing the nerve, resulting in pain, but had not got into the actual nerve. I got lucky. If you damage the tooth badly into the nerve, yes, you should have a root canal (its pulling out the nerve root, this is what I meant) and then a crown would be recommended. But never have a crown done on a nerve damaged tooth, you will have to drill into the crown to remove the nerve, then cement it. Another point Admin, I know you can block me if you don't agree with what I say, but this is my advice based on years of experience, I just want to help. Seems to me your Doc was not confident in what he did. Once the root canel is done it should be sealed immediately to prevent infection, providing it was done under sterial conditions. He wanted to wait to see if you still had pain, because he was not sure he got all of the nerve. If you said OK, he then sealed it. A good Doc will take a before and after x-ray, to see how far down to go and finally to see if he got it all. The reason? Nerves can regrow, but if removed 100% it is gone. No life remaining.
Next topic? Free advice friends

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » October 5, 2016, 2:35 pm

Happybird77, let's clear up a few errors. First, you would never be banned or suspended for disagreeing with me on an issue that has nothing to do with the management of UM (assuming that you are civil, as you clearly have been).

Next, I am truly sorry that you seem to have such a jaundiced view of dentists. All of the dentists I have been to have known what they were doing; and for major procedures, I have always been offered a choice, with options explained, both in terms of good and bad. Often, the less costly choice was the one recommended by the dentist. Not to say that there aren't unscrupulous ones out there; but you seem to have encountered more than your share.
Yes, the roots are never removed or destroyed. When the nerve is gone all you have is a "dead" tooth with its roots.
Yes, but that's exactly the opposite of what you said originally.
If you damage the tooth badly into the nerve, yes, you should have a root canal (its pulling out the nerve root, this is what I meant) and then a crown would be recommended.
There is no such thing as a "nerve root." There is the root, and the nerve. They're separate.
Seems to me your Doc was not confident in what he did. Once the root canel is done it should be sealed immediately to prevent infection, providing it was done under sterial conditions.
Yes, when the root canal is finished, it is filled and sealed, as I said above. But before that happens, the antibiotic is usually given a few days to do its work killing the infection completely before the canal is sealed. It has nothing to do with uncertainty about getting all of the nerve. It has to do with ensuring that all of the infection is eliminated before sealing it up.

FLICKFLACKER404
udonmap.com

Post by FLICKFLACKER404 » October 5, 2016, 2:53 pm

can anyone recommend a dentist that has done a implant for them,if so would be interested to know how long ago it was,cheers

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » October 5, 2016, 5:14 pm

FLICKFLACKER404 wrote:can anyone recommend a dentist that has done a implant for them,if so would be interested to know how long ago it was,cheers
With Teeth Like You'res I'd just get the LOT Pulled.....
14563302_1777200152568278_2510097941647047626_n.jpg
14563302_1777200152568278_2510097941647047626_n.jpg (15.16 KiB) Viewed 4498 times

Happybird77
udonmap.com

Post by Happybird77 » October 5, 2016, 5:25 pm

Admin, please don't get caught up on a technical wording. OK, "nerve root" is the nerve of the root.
And, my reflections of Dentists don't come from my bad experiences. You know how many dentists I worked with,? a couple hundred. I saw what they were doing. In fact, I "fired" over 20 Dentists in my career and banned them from using my services. When I needed a filling or cleaning, I called the best, and never paid for anything. I have one gold crown and fillings. With regular flossing and rinsing you can eliminate many future problems.
You said the exact opposite: Yes, when the root canal is finished, it is filled and sealed, as I said above. But before that happens, the antibiotic is usually given a few days to do its work killing the infection completely before the canal is sealed.
This is a contradiction: if the Doc did his job right, it will be sealed up, because he did the root canal under sterile conditions. Why would you send someone off for a couple days? So they can breathe in their corsenogens (smoking) and toxic foods, and alcohal?
Lets bump this up a bit. A infection does not come from the tooth, but from what the tooth is doing to the gums. Yes, pain is from the tooth, but infection is from whats going on under the tooth. Floss, use Antiseptic and you can cure most problems.
Bad breath can be from an infection under your teeth, calcium builds on the roots and opens the way for food (saliva) to get under the gums and it will rot...resulting in decay.
Our body talks to us, listen to it.
Listen: got loose teeth? Floss them, they will be "tight" tomarrow.
Got puffy red gums? Floss them!
Got another problem, post it or PM if you want to be descreet.
Admin, I know you are skeptical, but if you are OK with what I am trying to do (offer free advice) then I will continue. If not, I am retired, don't need frustrations, I will end my "advice".
About Implants, The World's biggest Implant company "3I Inplant innovations" out of Germany displays some of my work, collaberated with my appliances. Thats 3 I (capital I (eye), research it.
Listen...you may get a lower price on a implant, but if you get "knock-off" implants, you are getting "Sub-Standard"materials. Quality implants are made with metals our body can accept. Your body will not accept "nickel, berilium". it may go in and do its job, but the leaking toxins will manifest itself in the form of achne, head aches. ect.
On that note, get out all the mercury amalgums!
Admin, I like that you challenge things, Its shows you have a brain. I welcome your questions.
Basically, if you can go into an office with a bit of "technical" understanding, they will give you a better service for your money.
Cheers

Happybird77
udonmap.com

Post by Happybird77 » October 5, 2016, 6:15 pm

747man, "Get the lot pulled" really? This was the understanding during the Great Depression.
Listen, my Mother flew from Michigan to Florida to let her "son" evaluate and diagnose her teeth problems.
Evaluation: she had Pioria. Maybe Phyioriea. My spelling is questionable, same as Bumper. Forgive us.
After the initial impressions, it was determined she had Phyoria (a gum infection) (this will result in soft teeth, breaking teeth...you will nickel and dime yourself to death). I told her she needed a full upper denture and lower partial. This required the removal of 24 teeth..I made the new Denture, and lower partial, and sent to her in the mail. She went to her Doc, had the removals done. Doc inserted them, "NO ADJUSTMENTS".. She complained because she sat for 3 hours one day "trying to get her denture out".
A proper denture must be functional and balanced to operate properly.
If the Denture teeth are "forward" of your ridge, you can expect speech problems, and a "whistleing" noise and chewing problems.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » October 5, 2016, 9:52 pm

Sorry Happybird77 but this was not meant to turn into a pissing contest.

And yes he did redo or re-drill the center of that root what I said.

I developed an abscess under that tooth that was crowned.

When I went to the Dentist, he also advised that the under the edge of the old gold crown was signs of some decay, as well. The gold crown had been on that tooth for 40 years, put on when the tooth was very sensitive in my early years, done at Dental Hospital in Australia, buy Student Dentists (one anyway) in there final year of training under the watchful eye of the Dentist who taught them. I was one of their practice guinea pigs, for the Students at that Dental Hospital for five years

Anyway, after removing the old crown, taking some X rays and removing he decayed part, the Dentist advised me that he needed to re-drill down through one of the two roots, (which had previously had root canal) and presumably had the nerves removed some 40 years earlier. What I understood him to say, was that he was concerned that one of the roots had not been properly drilled out before.

His call not mine, as I am just sitting in the chair

Anyway he did re-drill out that root and presumably filled it before he refitted the new ceramic crown

I was there in the Chair, you were not

Anyway all is fine now and no re occurring abscess
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » October 5, 2016, 9:57 pm

Admin, I know you are skeptical, but if you are OK with what I am trying to do (offer free advice) then I will continue. If not, I am retired, don't need frustrations, I will end my "advice".
Sure, -- no problem at all.
Admin, I like that you challenge things, Its shows you have a brain. I welcome your questions.
Thanks, -- I always like an interesting conversation.
I told her she needed a full upper denture and lower partial. This required the removal of 24 teeth..I made the new Denture, and lower partial, and sent to her in the mail. She went to her Doc, had the removals done. Doc inserted them, "NO ADJUSTMENTS".
Don't you fit the dentures to a model of the patient's mouth made from a mold for the precise and tight fit? How did you make your mother's mold before the teeth were extracted?
This is a contradiction: if the Doc did his job right, it will be sealed up, because he did the root canal under sterile conditions. Why would you send someone off for a couple days? So they can breathe in their corsenogens (smoking) and toxic foods, and alcohal?
No, the antibiotic, itself, is a gel which stays in the canal for the few days. There's no opportunity for anything else to get in because the canal is completely filled, to the top, with the antibiotic gel. The dentist removes the gel on the next visit by a combination of suction and flushing. So the patient can smoke all he wants, -- it doesn't affect the antibiotic gel or what it's doing.

Completely agree with you on the numerous benefits of daily flossing.

IME implants are not cheap. I have one tooth which could benefit from being replaced with an implant, although nothing urgent (it's been that way for a few years). I've priced them both here (Dental Hospital Bangkok on Suk Soi 49) and at home (Boston, Mass. USA). I haven't found that much of a price difference; although I admit that Dental Hospital Bangkok isn't one of the cheaper places in Thailand. I've always been extremely happy with the quality of the work and professional manner in which I was treated there. Many of the dentists are U.S. trained. I also met some who were trained at Mahidol University Faculty of Dentistry, which has an excellent reputation.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » October 6, 2016, 11:32 am

Happybird77 wrote:747man, "Get the lot pulled" really? This was the understanding during the Great Depression.
Listen, my Mother flew from Michigan to Florida to let her "son" evaluate and diagnose her teeth problems.
Evaluation: she had Pioria. Maybe Phyioriea. My spelling is questionable, same as Bumper. Forgive us.
After the initial impressions, it was determined she had Phyoria (a gum infection) (this will result in soft teeth, breaking teeth...you will nickel and dime yourself to death). I told her she needed a full upper denture and lower partial. This required the removal of 24 teeth..I made the new Denture, and lower partial, and sent to her in the mail. She went to her Doc, had the removals done. Doc inserted them, "NO ADJUSTMENTS".. She complained because she sat for 3 hours one day "trying to get her denture out".
A proper denture must be functional and balanced to operate properly.
If the Denture teeth are "forward" of your ridge, you can expect speech problems, and a "whistleing" noise and chewing problems.
Hey,Happybird...........It's a Wind Up between myself & The Silly FLUCKER.....

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » October 6, 2016, 3:36 pm

I believe I posted Panda Dental price for an implant at 38,000 Baht.....I passed the sign today and it's 39,000. Sorry about that.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » October 6, 2016, 3:50 pm

After a search, I found a great dentist across the street from the public hospital in Khon Kaen. English is excellent. Her husband shares office space and is an M.D. His English is better than many falangs who I know. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Prices are excellent. Beside manner is also excellent.

Dr. Nuanpan is her name. The next time I need dental care, I will return to her.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

Return to “Health & Beauty”