ITCHING SKIN...IRRITATING ...

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
Mudguard
udonmap.com

ITCHING SKIN...IRRITATING ...

Post by Mudguard » September 26, 2017, 2:45 pm

Hi everyone....I av developed itching skin in last 6 months...Am 78....

I get an itch with lumpy skin in area, I av used vinegar, calamine lotion, & med cream...

All work to stop itch in 10 mins....

Has anyone had same problem, if so, what did u use to stop it please?

Cheers, Mudguard.. :D

Liam Dale
udonmap.com

Re: ITCHING SKIN...IRRITATING ...

Post by Liam Dale » September 26, 2017, 3:42 pm

Urticaria.. or a version of it.. that is often a result of an un-diagnosed allergy. Can be greatly relieved by Cetirizine Hydrochloride. Cheap enough here.. about 15 baht for a blister pack of ten. No need to pay for brand names. I take 3 in the morning.. half hour before I shower.. if I can too rough with a towel when drying it sets me off. Its not the water.. it's my skin issue.

It's important to remember that your skin is a single organ... and an itch in your scalp is the "same" as an itch on your legs with this condition. For a higher dose of relief.. Prednisolone is the steroid - But is not recommended for long term use.

And then it is a case of eliminating certain food stuffs, soaps or similar in order to find out what is activating the sensitivity in the skin. If you are a type 2 diabetic it can be increased intolerance to sugar at your age - inc beer! Also for diabetics Metformin can begin to produce an itch for some people.. as Simvastatin (statins) for those taking this for cholesterol. Unusual but possible.

Eliminating certain food groups for a few days at a time.. can often help establish what is the cause. I'm no doctor.. but suffered from urticaria for a few years.. annoyingly I was advised by a doctor it would eventually go away. It did.. after 8 years.. I have had similar issues for the last 6 months.. Got fed up.. came off the beer and working on my food groups.

Eggs, Dairy, beer, sugary drinks.. all gone for now.. ice cream etc.. and for sure its working. Good luck with it. Its as you say.. irritating.. in all senses of the word.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 26, 2017, 5:47 pm

My dad had the problem back in UK for about 10 yrs. After what seemed like a zillion tests at the hospital they finally said he had developed an allergy to earth/dirt/mud and should avoid any contact ......... not very helpful for a gardener =;

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » September 26, 2017, 8:02 pm

I've had itchy forearms for years, I read up on it and they say it's incurable and that it's most likely nerve damage through the sun.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » September 26, 2017, 8:54 pm

For me, at 68, it was the detergent I used to wash clothes, so I started using a mild one ment for babies. Here in U.S. I use a product calked Deft, but not sure what would be available there.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 26, 2017, 9:29 pm

Pretty sure the "made under license" Thai equivalent is available here Stan .... it's in a pea green packet with (I think) a pic of a woman & baby on the front.

Return to “Health & Beauty”