I drive a 3 wheel electric trike

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
laksnrub
udonmap.com

I drive a 3 wheel electric trike

Post by laksnrub » January 3, 2020, 1:31 pm

Reply to 2 inquiries from another post

Brought from bike shop near Central complex, but most good shop have them it is a Malvin star, with added battery 2 batteries 12 Ah 24 Ah total can ride 150klm at 30klm/ Hr, top speed is 40klmh get about 120klm at that speed, can go to Nong Khai return if cruise at 35k from Big C, I top the charge up at one of the bars I visit in NK so no problem, even if I dont I still can do a round trip with out charging, Cost B20,000 with added led lights and reflectors, easy to park do shopping No insurance or rego to worry about never been pulled up by police, From 3 klm out from Big C on the highway home base to center of town can get there the same time as most cars will do it, takes me 15 minutes average to get to the Irish Clock about 7klm trip,
cheaper than a scooter no rego no fuel simple to handle PArk anywhere, dont own a car the trikr does all I need 65 years old retired, have a scooter 150cc for longer trips, head down to Korat some times on the scooter, hired a car a few times to go to chand rai for up to a week, still cheaper than buying a car and paying all the fees, 95% of my trips are on the Trike around town, my yearly holiday week to 10 days I hire a car if going long distance. Put a flag on ya bike make it more visible on a mast

I have a small trailer I can tow behind my scooter for camping out with the Mrs in the cooler months and taking supplies along
If getting older the trike is the way to go, you loose your balance as you get older, even though I 65 I still feel young, but i know reflexes are getting slower, If you just want to get around Udon the trike will do the trick for all your needs shopping, Map shows how far I can go on a trike return with out charging
Attachments
images (1).jpg
InkedCapture_LI.jpg

Quality is best done first

the-monk
udonmap.com

Re: I drive a 3 wheel electric trike

Post by the-monk » January 3, 2020, 1:34 pm

Thanks for the info.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » January 3, 2020, 2:01 pm

Or for an additional 14,000 Baht (34,000) you can have something a little more comfortable! Bought this for TW 3 years ago.
Attachments
Trike 2.jpg
Trike 1.jpg
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

laksnrub
udonmap.com

Post by laksnrub » January 3, 2020, 2:11 pm

Ya need a carry rack for the goodies, and bigger wheels for the bumps, seat looks good, wonder if I can put that on the Trike, does it swivel

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » January 3, 2020, 2:36 pm

It has the rack at the back but also a secure (key lock) storage area under the seat. The arm rests can be tilted up for access the seat moved back/forth for ride comfort. 3 wheel brakes, the motor drives thru a differential, motorcycle type front suspension, hi/lo beam headlight, rear tail lights/indicators and a reversing beeper if heading in that direction (yes it drives backward)! TW potters around the village about 10 km a day, it normally only needs charging once a week. The charger comes with a timer to limit the charge time to 5 hours so as we don't cook the batteries. 48 volt system.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » January 3, 2020, 3:19 pm

I've seen quite a few folks riding those 3 wheel electric trikes like Bandung Dero. I've thought they look more comfy/durable than motorized wheel chairs. All in all, 34000 for mobility sounds good.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » January 3, 2020, 4:05 pm

I think the much bigger diameter wheels would be a lot more stable. Those small wheels would not be very good for a road with potholes.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » January 3, 2020, 4:30 pm

BD, any more info on the trike? Make, model, local dealer etc.

dezzer111
udonmap.com

Post by dezzer111 » January 3, 2020, 5:21 pm

Three wheel electric buggy now bic C at 29,900 40 kilometres radius on one charge.
"You'll Never Walk Alone"L.F.C.

laksnrub
udonmap.com

Post by laksnrub » January 3, 2020, 6:41 pm

glalt wrote:
January 3, 2020, 4:05 pm
I think the much bigger diameter wheels would be a lot more stable. Those small wheels would not be very good for a road with potholes.
makes for a smoother ride as well as to jump the gutters, some nice 20" motor cycle rims, pimp it up with a 1.5kw motor and add a few more gears

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » January 3, 2020, 9:05 pm

What happened to the Red Rocket. Is this the Black & Blue Bistromath?

(testing post delay times)
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

waltpong
udonmap.com

Post by waltpong » January 4, 2020, 2:10 am

Nice Info but where can one buy replacement batteries for this and I have a 4 wheel mobility scooter that needs 4 new batteries 12v 20ah any help please let me know?

Thank you

hairyharry
udonmap.com

Post by hairyharry » January 4, 2020, 7:07 am

Don't know about the ah but 4 12 volt batteries for about 5K from the electric goods shop on the ground floor at the old big C complex - they can be used to power the vigorous trike shown in the pics. come with a 3 month guarantee

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » January 4, 2020, 7:46 am

mak wrote:
January 3, 2020, 4:30 pm
BD, any more info on the trike? Make, model, local dealer etc.
It's a Vigorous ST096 bought from the Samlore Dealer opposite Toyota in Ban Dung.

Specs
https://china-qianxi.en.made-in-china.c ... T096-.html

As for batteries I had to replace 2 in November (I guess 34 months is not bad bearing in mind that TW has no idea how to manage them):-

Global Power 12V 20AH bought from Lazada COD 2 day delivery.

The batteries are not covered by the trikes warranty.

Return to “Health & Beauty”