The UK has lost its mind.

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
fredwilliams
udonmap.com

Re: The UK has lost its mind.

Post by fredwilliams » April 26, 2020, 10:56 am

Hoopoe wrote:
April 26, 2020, 6:59 am
fredwilliams wrote:
April 25, 2020, 9:14 pm
People being able to freely drive to other towns/cities/counties, and not being temperature checked anywhere along the way (and subsequently quarantined) is asking for trouble.

20,000 fatalities might some like a Sunday afternoon picnic in the park soon.

I am gobsmacked.
Totally agree with you Fred
Great, thanks.

If you and I put our heads together we'd have four brain cells, which is at least two more than some of the others in this thread. Deary me!

:lol:
Last edited by fredwilliams on April 26, 2020, 5:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

fredwilliams
udonmap.com

Post by fredwilliams » April 26, 2020, 11:25 am

vincemunday wrote:
April 26, 2020, 10:43 am
they obviously contract the virus on the street.
Yes, that comment does make us over 70's feel righteous for having to stay indoors.

Pure genius, vincemunday, but EVERY day of the week! 1 + 1 = 2: the town/city hoppers and borough crossers in their cars are giving it to the streets, and the airporters are giving it to the town/city hoppers and borough crossing car drivers.
Last edited by fredwilliams on April 26, 2020, 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 26, 2020, 12:38 pm

Fred, I’m still (just) in my 50’s and I’ve isolated pretty much 5 weeks ago, it’s common sense, if you don’t need to be running all over the place then why do it and expose yourself to the virus? We do rarely go out, usually for supplies although the wife seems to be growing most of what we need now and of course I have the apartments which means I have to go into town sometimes. Generally speaking I’m not missing the galavanting, I’m happy pottering around the bungalow doing jobs I should have done months/years ago. Stay safe.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

fredwilliams
udonmap.com

Post by fredwilliams » April 26, 2020, 12:41 pm

vincemunday wrote:
April 26, 2020, 12:38 pm
Fred, I’m still (just) in my 50’s and I’ve isolated pretty much 5 weeks ago, it’s common sense, if you don’t need to be running all over the place then why do it and expose yourself to the virus? We do rarely go out, usually for supplies although the wife seems to be growing most of what we need now and of course I have the apartments which means I have to go into town sometimes. Generally speaking I’m not missing the galavanting, I’m happy pottering around the bungalow doing jobs I should have done months/years ago. Stay safe.
Racist, sexist, and ageist.

You'll have to let me buy you half a can of whatever once this is all over, mate, but can I bring a gay cripple midget friend along with me?

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 26, 2020, 1:04 pm

All half can donations (or empty bottles) gratefully accepted by Tam and Stats who are as we speak beerless.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 26, 2020, 1:12 pm

vincemunday wrote:
April 26, 2020, 1:04 pm
All half can donations (or empty bottles) gratefully accepted by Tam and Stats who are as we speak beerless.
Vince, I'd like to point out at this juncture that my faith in "Thainess" has been restored and there are now several Leos in my fridge.

fredwilliams
udonmap.com

Post by fredwilliams » April 26, 2020, 1:21 pm

Now it's my turn.

Vince, any old beer or a particular brand?

Statto, I don't take it up the backside, oops, Leo, but do you take it up the Chang?

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 26, 2020, 1:30 pm

That’s good news stats so it’s just Tam that’s without... he’s Scottish so he’s bound to have a bottle of hooch hidden somewhere.

Me Fred, I’m not fussy really, us East Enders you know how it is but I prefer Chang, I’ve found Leo and Laos gives me a hangover, Singha it’s okay...ish, not very keen on Archa, my favourite is Black Dragon but it’s been hard to find lately.
Attachments
3E2F3F0B-9484-4D08-8DF9-946CBD116422.jpeg

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 26, 2020, 1:35 pm

Not tried the Dragon Vince ....... can you taste the caramel or is it just an advertising ploy ?

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 26, 2020, 1:40 pm

It’s a really lovely beer, keep your eyes open it’s worth it, closest I’ve found to an English beer if that makes sense? If I get some after the ban (I know somewhere with a stash) I shall let you have one.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 26, 2020, 2:02 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
April 26, 2020, 1:12 pm
vincemunday wrote:
April 26, 2020, 1:04 pm
Vince, I'd like to point out at this juncture that my faith in "Thainess" has been restored and there are now several Leos in my fridge.
For the record, my 'What beer?' comment was tongue-in-cheek and based on the NATIONAL PROHIBITION ON ALCOHOL SALES and not as vince-the-trigger erroneously assumed to be my being unable TO CONSUME WHAT I HAVE IN STOCK.

He called me 'mate' as well was was also quite wrong.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 26, 2020, 2:07 pm

ooo errr missess ........ i'll keep me eyes open for it (when shopping is allowed again of course)

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 26, 2020, 2:16 pm

Oh! You’ve learnt how to use capitals to make what you say so much more valid and important hmmm let me think who else does that? It works of course, I’m in awe!

I used mate metaphorically so there’s no need to wet your panties.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 26, 2020, 2:25 pm

tongue-in-cheek.jpg
<snip>

fredwilliams
udonmap.com

Post by fredwilliams » April 26, 2020, 4:15 pm

Back on subject, gents.

We don't catch viruses from far away, we catch 'em from way up close.

ALL air travel, and faffin' around with outta town car journeys have GOT to stop, or the UK is on the brink of a mass suicide.

How much do I care for "the rights" of air travelers and car drivers?

Not one iota.

P.S.Vince, that "beer" looks like alcopop to me, mate. Please post a Jimmy Somerville tune to go with it, thanks.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 26, 2020, 4:31 pm

Fred .. Jimmy Sommerville / Bronski beat way after Vinces teen years .. so here you go , one of my all time favs and the time of the low low budget video .. real music not the crap thats spewed nowadays by so called artists ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88sARuFu-tc

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 26, 2020, 4:36 pm

Fred, it’s a nice beer, try it if you see it.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 26, 2020, 4:38 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
April 26, 2020, 4:31 pm
Fred .. Jimmy Sommerville / Bronski beat way after Vinces teen years .. so here you go , one of my all time favs and the time of the low low budget video .. real music not the crap thats spewed nowadays by so called artists ..

DM
Yes Jon but they used to play it a lot in some of the SoHo bars I used to frequent whilst wearing my custard yellow spandex shorts, don’t think I didn’t see you taking that sneaky photo...

fredwilliams
udonmap.com

Post by fredwilliams » April 26, 2020, 4:55 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
April 26, 2020, 4:31 pm

DM
I was referring to "wincing" music of the half turd, half Vaseline smelling kind, DM.

Undigested peanut optional.
Last edited by fredwilliams on April 26, 2020, 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fredwilliams
udonmap.com

Post by fredwilliams » April 26, 2020, 4:56 pm

vincemunday wrote:
April 26, 2020, 4:36 pm
"nice" beer
Nuff said.

Return to “Health & Beauty”