The UK has lost its mind.

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
fredwilliams
udonmap.com

The UK has lost its mind.

Post by fredwilliams » April 25, 2020, 9:14 pm

People being able to freely drive to other towns/cities/counties, and not being temperature checked anywhere along the way (and subsequently quarantined) is asking for trouble.

20,000 fatalities might some like a Sunday afternoon picnic in the park soon.

I am gobsmacked.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: The UK has lost its mind.

Post by stattointhailand » April 25, 2020, 9:59 pm

Old news Fred ........ that was 2016

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 25, 2020, 11:49 pm

they want to give up well regulated trade deals with EU to dumb down to the US level

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7Exslriu1M

fredwilliams
udonmap.com

Post by fredwilliams » April 25, 2020, 11:56 pm

I didn't watch your YT link, statto, no offence, mate.

This is 2020, not 2016.

And before KP steps in and changes the subject, the following is NOT a swipe at the police because it's not their fault, it's just the truth of the situation.

Occasional random police checks which can be quickly gotten rid of with valid-sounding twoddle, oops, excuses, and no temperature checks(!), are absolute insanity.

USA population 328,000,000. Divide that by the 50,000 deaths.

UK population 66,000,000. Divide that by the 20,000 deaths.

That's some discrepancy!
Last edited by fredwilliams on April 26, 2020, 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 26, 2020, 12:50 am

But remember Fred not long ago the UK death toll was higher than US.
I'm hoping UK has past the worst, but fear US numbers could be catastrophic if they continue to value money more than life

fredwilliams
udonmap.com

Post by fredwilliams » April 26, 2020, 12:56 am

Yes, statto, they still value money more than life.

UK airports are still open, but inbounds are not being checked.

And people can still drive willy-nilly here, there, and everywhere, wherever and whenever in England.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 26, 2020, 1:21 am

checking them at the airport would be pointless as most tests would not show they were carriers

What they should be doing is isolating each plane load of arrivals for 14 days BEFORE they are allowed to mingle with the public

fredwilliams
udonmap.com

Post by fredwilliams » April 26, 2020, 1:32 am

They should be shutting down all airports, and stopping "civil liberties and human rights/freedoms" parasites from driving to other town/cities/boroughs.

Viruses, plagues, and venereal diseases only ever appear from the outside.

The "freedomists"-to-drive are parasites.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » April 26, 2020, 4:58 am

Speaking of driving . I see Boris will be back in the driving seat on Monday , so he will get to grips with it , and shortly this will all be just a bad dream .
Who knows you may even get a call from him Fred , seeking your expert advice on how exactly you lock the entire population up for however long it takes to get a vaccine .

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » April 26, 2020, 6:41 am

Well some drivers are testing their cars ability to drive over 120 mph, stupidly or sadly their antics are putting lives at risk, the Cameras are still working as are the Police and dealing with any accident driven by reckless drivers is NOT easy, even more so with the Virus restrictions in place .

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » April 26, 2020, 6:59 am

fredwilliams wrote:
April 25, 2020, 9:14 pm
People being able to freely drive to other towns/cities/counties, and not being temperature checked anywhere along the way (and subsequently quarantined) is asking for trouble.

20,000 fatalities might some like a Sunday afternoon picnic in the park soon.

I am gobsmacked.
Totally agree with you Fred ,, i've been banging on about the flights , /ferries /trains etc being wide open for over a month now ,had to guys managed to fly out of here a couple of weeks ago into Manchester then jump on the train to Carlisle not one stop or check ,except passport , on arrival ,
I have many friends over there that have never left the house (existing serious medical conditions notified by NHS not to leave the house ) they get there shopping delivered by family and friends who leave it by the door to be collected ,
the rest of people i know go out everyday for walks etc exercise (were before they didn't as they were out and about anyway) for most shopping once a month and every three days or so out for fresh bread & milk , non are travelling to other towns etc ( must add that all these people are sixty and above ) But yes according to what i'm hearing people are just driving around town to town etc as if nothing is going on , so lets all gather together on the bridge and clap for the national Health , whilst well meaning it borders on the pathetic for me , there's so much more that could be done , starting with the borders ,

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 26, 2020, 7:17 am

What’s the point in worrying about flights when we are towing illegal immigrants in from the English Channel who are coming from Covid infected camps in France? It’s time Patel clamped down on all people arriving in the UK legally and illegally. And no I don’t give a toss about the “poor refuge” crap either before certain snowflakes start crying in their beer, they’re economic migrants.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 26, 2020, 7:43 am

It's all part of the UK government's herd immunity/flatten the curve/happy-clappy/bore to distraction strategy. They did mention in their statement preceding Priti Prattle's prattle that they've noticed recent, unexplained and unexpected traffic increases. However, all I took from yesterday's yawnathon were two cars "caught" driving very fast (no related deaths or injuries) and some cocaine heists, none of them gobsmackingly Ooohhh-inducing.

These daily government updates are boring, self-serving and mostly irrelevant but some things do pop up. When a reporter pressed on why Boris's right testicle Dominic Cummings got to attend the SAGE meeting and did he have any input, he was fobbed off twice, the second time with dismissive "government officers frequently attend these meetings." Except Cummings IS NOT a UK government officer.

Apparently protocols allow the chief scientific and medical advisers from the three devolved administrations of Scotland, Wales and NI to attend but their submissions can only be done in writing. On the other hand, Cummings is free to say, "You're all wrong, we need to be doing this instead." More worryingly, as the government's representative at these meetings, he can cherry-pick the bits that he wants to report back to Boris and ultimately control what his boss gets to hear. Of course none of the invited reporters ever thought if suggesting as much at the time.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... party-call?
Last edited by tamada on April 26, 2020, 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 26, 2020, 7:44 am

vincemunday wrote:
April 26, 2020, 7:17 am
What’s the point in worrying about flights when we are towing illegal immigrants in from the English Channel who are coming from Covid infected camps in France? It’s time Patel clamped down on all people arriving in the UK legally and illegally. And no I don’t give a toss about the “poor refuge” crap either before certain snowflakes start crying in their beer, they’re economic migrants.
What beer?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 26, 2020, 7:55 am

The primary path of infection and reinfection in the UK is not from freshly liberated Brits and fuzzy-wuzzy's arriving "unchecked" through airports and wandering off home. The Covid-19 genie jumped from that bottle ages ago to the far larger demographic of the normally UK domiciled and normally UK resident.

Old people in UK care homes aren't dying because Jack and Debbie FINALLY got home from Bali or Ahmed from Allepo just got in on a dinghy.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 26, 2020, 8:02 am

<duplicate>

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 26, 2020, 10:36 am

tamada wrote:
April 26, 2020, 7:44 am
What beer?
Awww mate, tell me you aren't out? Never mind, you and your mate stats can share a jug of Robinson's barley water and exchange deep meaningful thoughts.

That said, I've only got just over a case of Chang left, I spoke to a Thai wholesaler yesterday (actually the wife did) and they're very confident beers will be on sale in the shops again on the 1st.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 26, 2020, 10:43 am

Tam there is no clear and defined root of who is becoming and how they're becoming infected, thus far it's all conjecture and it's common sense that the more infected people are walking the streets the more it will spread and do you think all the carers spend their time in the care homes? They are obviously the source of the infections, it can't just mysteriously appear, they obviously contract the virus on the street.

fredwilliams
udonmap.com

Post by fredwilliams » April 26, 2020, 10:52 am

saint wrote:
April 26, 2020, 4:58 am
Who knows you may even get a call from him Fred ,
What, for cash-in-hand Mickey brickie work?
Last edited by fredwilliams on April 26, 2020, 11:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

fredwilliams
udonmap.com

Post by fredwilliams » April 26, 2020, 10:54 am

tamada wrote:
April 26, 2020, 7:55 am
The Covid-19 genie jumped from that bottle ages ago
December 2019, or January 2020?

Bugger me bandy, I didn't know it was that long ago!
Last edited by fredwilliams on April 26, 2020, 10:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Health & Beauty”