When times are hard..implement THIS into your life.

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Re: When times are hard..implement THIS into your life.

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » June 24, 2020, 9:05 am

All religions are based on myths, and our used by politicians, religious leaders and others to manipulate their followers into believing what they say and trying to ensure that people do not think for themselves.

You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » June 24, 2020, 9:10 am

Sure the people are poor
but they give willingly
The monks clean the grounds
do monk things for the locals
Yes they get donated food but they also give it way to the needy and greedy
Yes there are monks that take advantage and live not as a monk should
buy the majority do not

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » June 24, 2020, 9:33 am

The most important thing monks do for the people is to provide them with the opportunity to give alms to the monks so the giver (usually women) can make merit (ทำบุญ) and have a better life in the future. This is especially important for women who do not have equal spiritual status to men.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » June 24, 2020, 10:57 am

religion is a human made invention to keep the majority of the (long time ago,poor) people stupid and busy,so long ,long time ago the landlord said to the bishop, you keep them stupid , i will keep them poor ...,i can not comprehend now 2020 so many people living their lives being lead by religion believing in the invisible man ? , what proves at some point humans haven't become much smarter in all those years,needles to say i am not religious at all , i believe in my wallet and do not need some invisible man to hang on to ..
about helping people ,i have been helping most of my pienongs in any way i can , but that is where it stops as an non compensated very early retiree , i will never give money or what ever to a temple here , as Buddhism in Thailand is more business related as it is about religion...you only have 1 life , try to enjoy it as much as you can as it can be over in a second ... , ;)

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » June 24, 2020, 11:27 am

Alfie
I had to reread your first post and part of your second one before being dragged into this so called discussion.
If at the end of this you wish to identify me as a mudslinger thank you.

"Well 464 views and not ONE answer,guess that tells me everyone EXCEPT me is already a perfect person,or maybe to lazy or shy to "open up"..that's okey."

For me I am neither a perfect person (and cetainly do not want to be one either), nor lazy or shy one either . I am though a person who doesnt like conflict and from what I can see is you are baiting viewers by a statement like this one
, which is Good

If we had a world of say ALL Perfect People what a boring and uneventful place it would be. We as a human race would never accomplish anything, never learn anything , never question anything , never disagree with others.

As for God he has never done anything for me but he may in the future so for now he sits in the back room and we dont discuss him. We only discuss him to learn and definitely not to preach, that some do and reap the riches from it by flying in their $68 million jets abd living in their mansions..

So in the end I guess I am a Mudslinger and proud of it as it challenges others to discuss things, issues, beliefs. Without my so called Group we would all be a mass of nothings and nobodies. I hope we always have an unbalance of people
God helps us if we dont(Apologies I slipped)

Bring on the Mudslingers

Hope this helps

pf-flyer
udonmap.com

Post by pf-flyer » June 24, 2020, 11:35 am

[quote=tinpeeba post_id=583709 time=1592938857 user_id=689]
pf-flyer - sorry to hear such a sad story, it must have been devastating to lose your father like that at 9 years of age. Its good that your mother had such a loving and supportive son, she must have been very proud of you.
[/quote]

Thanks...God has been good to us...It breaks my heart when I see what is going on in the country where I grew up. My wife and I worry about our kids and grandchildren back in the U.S.
"Life is like a tube of toothpaste. Outward pressure brings out the inward contents."

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » June 24, 2020, 11:44 am

kopkei wrote:
June 24, 2020, 10:57 am
religion is a human made invention to keep the majority of the (long time ago,poor) people stupid and busy,so long ,long time ago the landlord said to the bishop, you keep them stupid , i will keep them poor ...,i can not comprehend now 2020 so many people living their lives being lead by religion believing in the invisible man ? , what proves at some point humans haven't become much smarter in all those years,needles to say i am not religious at all , i believe in my wallet and do not need some invisible man to hang on to ..
about helping people ,i have been helping most of my pienongs in any way i can , but that is where it stops as an non compensated very early retiree , i will never give money or what ever to a temple here , as Buddhism in Thailand is more business related as it is about religion...you only have 1 life , try to enjoy it as much as you can as it can be over in a second ... , ;)
..so what you do when you stand there with no wallet..no CC no people to ask for a handout and a Monk shows up to help you..you tell him to take hike or what?

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » June 24, 2020, 12:38 pm

When times are hard...

I remember that all things pass.

https://youtu.be/pPTHem2iu0A
UFF DA!

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » June 24, 2020, 12:57 pm

so what you do when you stand there with no wallet....
it was a matter of speech , first of all i would try to avoid being in that situation and second i would not emigrate to a foreign country with insufficient funds ,although we never know what can happen, anyone in need should be happy with the help they can get from any source... ;)

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 24, 2020, 1:33 pm

Upon reading this most enlightening thread DM just had to come out of his posting sabbatical to make a few comment then back into hibernation ..until next time.

Regardless of anyones past when it comes to religion there are and always have n will be believers n nonbelievers , ones past with regard to family upbringing and or traumatic events shape beliefs.

IMO that’s MY OPINON to which I am entitled … ALL religions the world over are a crock ov sh8t… and beliefs center around myth and the manipulation of the weak for other ends.

I fully agree with kopkei , also Doodoo for that matter as I would rather be a mudslinger than have religion forced upon me in any way shape or form …whilst I do not hold any bias for those wishing to worship.

My missus Dao is a devout Buddhist and follows it to the letter .. I choose to abstain… on the very odd occasion I may follow a small easy quick “buddha thing’ ..for the simple reason it makes her happy.

In my 20 plus years here I have never known a monk do any activity without some kind of payment normally in the name of a donation .. whether a funeral , house / new car blessing etc let alone the early morning mooch around taking food etc from families who in most cases don’t have a pot to piss in and cant really afford to give.

Religion manifests in many ways both good and bad .. fraud in the church and temple are rife , kiddy fiddling priests , down to the clerics and isis suicide bombers who are simply brainwashed to the extreme.. religion is a melting pot and possible the biggest business in the world ..that needs fact checking tho .

Finally .. Dui / Alfie is entitled to his religious beliefs thou theres a fine line when debating n chatting about religion becomes teaching then progresses to preaching and again IMO a forum like this is not the platform to preach religion… god knows its bad enough with all the political crapslinging on here.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » June 24, 2020, 4:17 pm

Welcome back DM
Missed your morning reports

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » June 24, 2020, 7:22 pm

My missus seems to agree with Mr DM when it comes to monks, she doesn't tend to give them much, including the time of day. Despite that she's a devout Buddhist, she believes that every action has a consequence and I'm sure that's part of the reason she helps people.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » June 25, 2020, 5:35 am

my thinking too vince, you do good for others , good will come to you, you do bad to others ,bad will come to you ,
karma....i never wish anyone anything bad and always willing to help others within the range of my possibilities ;)

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Post by mathusalah80 » June 25, 2020, 8:18 am

:-"
Drunk Monkey wrote:
June 24, 2020, 1:33 pm
ALL religions the world over are a crock ov sh8t… and beliefs center around myth........

god knows its bad enough with all the political crap slinging on here.
DM
Bit of a contradiction there DM! [-X :lol: \:D/ So, do you believe, or do you not believe, there is a God? :? :lol: :-"

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 25, 2020, 10:18 am

When it comes to invoking the name of one's favorite deity, maybe we can stop being bashful and simply say 'Boris knows...' or 'Donald knows...' or ' Keith knows...' or 'Nigel knows...' ?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 25, 2020, 10:24 am

vincemunday wrote:
June 24, 2020, 7:22 pm
My missus seems to agree with Mr DM when it comes to monks, she doesn't tend to give them much, including the time of day. Despite that she's a devout Buddhist, she believes that every action has a consequence and I'm sure that's part of the reason she helps people.
Yes, no spirit house bunkum in Mrs tam's house either. Lots of mossies though.

...and two nonsense trees.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » June 25, 2020, 10:44 am

vincemunday wrote:
Yet another thing I like about your missus, -- a lovely lady!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 25, 2020, 10:47 am

mathusalah80 wrote:
June 25, 2020, 8:18 am
:-"
Drunk Monkey wrote:
June 24, 2020, 1:33 pm
ALL religions the world over are a crock ov sh8t… and beliefs center around myth........

god knows its bad enough with all the political crap slinging on here.
DM
Bit of a contradiction there DM! [-X :lol: \:D/ So, do you believe, or do you not believe, there is a God? :? :lol: :-"
Most definately a npn believer .. i spotted my foopar shortly after posting but hoped no hawk eyed members would notice ..
Long time no see Den ..hope you n Pao are well

Dm
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » June 25, 2020, 12:55 pm

Udon Map wrote:
June 25, 2020, 10:44 am
vincemunday wrote:
Yet another thing I like about your missus, -- a lovely lady!
Thank you Mr Paul, yes she is, I count myself very lucky that I met her, I'm not sure she feels so blessed at times.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » June 29, 2020, 9:02 am

Alfie, I sent you a PM. Please check it out!!!!!
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

Return to “Health & Beauty”