Fat bastards beware

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Fat bastards beware

Post by tamada » September 4, 2020, 9:08 am

The American aversion to the tried and tested digirectal examination and misguided trust in PSA tests and ultrasound scans has skewed the reality of prostate cancer. Real men should stop being so coy and check their own 'walnut' frequently.

Or get a friend to do it for them.
Last edited by tamada on September 4, 2020, 9:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » September 4, 2020, 9:36 am

tamada wrote:
September 4, 2020, 9:08 am
The American aversion to the tried and tested digitalrectal examination and misguided trust in PSA tests and ultrasound scans has skewed the reality of prostate cancer. Real men should stop being so coy and check their own 'walnut' frequently.

If that's an offer it's definitely worth a buttery!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 4, 2020, 9:55 am

dunroaming wrote:
September 4, 2020, 9:36 am
tamada wrote:
September 4, 2020, 9:08 am
The American aversion to the tried and tested digirectal examination and misguided trust in PSA tests and ultrasound scans has skewed the reality of prostate cancer. Real men should stop being so coy and check their own 'walnut' frequently.

If that's an offer it's definitely worth a buttery!
Butter only, nae margarine.

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » September 4, 2020, 10:00 am

The symptoms of Prostate cancer, are similar to BPH (Enlarged Prostate).Which I have.
Apparently BPH has no connection with Prostate cancer.
I need the surgery)laser) which eventually I will get done.
But The procedure is not very pleasant! :-&
I I wonder though, at 78 years old is it worth it?
Yes"We all go in the end" But in pain ? :roll:

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » September 4, 2020, 6:07 pm

vincemunday wrote:
September 4, 2020, 6:32 am
Udon Map wrote:
September 3, 2020, 5:51 pm
AlexO wrote:
September 3, 2020, 2:22 pm
Just what mistake did I do to bring on prostrate cancer.
No mistake at all. Every male will get prostate cancer if he lives long enough. The only difference between guys is when it starts, earlier for some, later for others.
Every male Paul?
Yes. Some will develop prostate cancer at 60, others maybe not until 100 or more. And since most of us don't live to 100, we don't see it. But, yes, every male will develop prostate cancer if he lives long enough.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 5, 2020, 6:14 am

^ Scaremongering much?

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » September 5, 2020, 12:43 pm

I wont get! I have spoonful Tumeric touch of pepper, and spoonful honey Every morning!
I googled it ! :-"

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » September 5, 2020, 2:08 pm

I was told by the researchers at the Royal Marsden that the chances of my developing prostrate/bowel cancer were next to nil, they never mentioned that I had to get it
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

joepai
udonmap.com

Post by joepai » September 5, 2020, 4:14 pm

vincemunday wrote:
September 5, 2020, 2:08 pm
I was told by the researchers at the Royal Marsden that the chances of my developing prostrate/bowel cancer were next to nil, they never mentioned that I had to get it
If these so called ‘researchers’ told you, as a white Anglo Saxon male, that your chances of prostate cancer were next to nil then they are wrong and misguiding you.
I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » September 5, 2020, 8:50 pm

joepai wrote:
September 5, 2020, 4:14 pm
vincemunday wrote:
September 5, 2020, 2:08 pm
If these so called ‘researchers’ told you, as a white Anglo Saxon male, that your chances of prostate cancer were next to nil then they are wrong and misguiding you.

I doubt it, they are the world leaders in the genetic research into bowel and prostrate cancer, when they test you they do some kind of reading and the average makes reading is between 4 and 6 points, I’ve never gone above 0.4 but as always I’m sure the medical experts on Udon Map like yourself know more than them eh?
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » September 5, 2020, 8:55 pm

Here’s the research I took part in, I was asked to sign up because my mother had double mastectomy and carried the BRCA2 gene.

https://www.royalmarsden.nhs.uk/increas ... gene-fault

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 6, 2020, 7:16 am

Prostrate Cancer like all other cancers are so often as a result of your inherited genes . Those whose families had members suffer from a cancer are pre-disposed to get cancer themselves. True there are other factors, life-style, plays another part but generally most of us are born with the pre-disposition to have cancer or not, just how you live may or may not trigger the cancer cells.
We all know stories of those who have lead an unblemished life, fit and healthy , died of Cancer and likewise the opposite those degenerates who abuse their bodies with food and drink etc, live to be over 100 . There is no rhyme nor reason to that disparity, certainly nothing scientific or medical can explain it either, EXCEPT in part your families medical history .

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 6, 2020, 8:12 am

Good points well made by vince and KP. As granny Middleton would say, "What's in front if you will ne'er go by you" but the suggested inevitability of prostate cancer is misguided, especially the claim that if you live long enough, you'll get it.

May as well suggest nobody's going to die painfully in horrible, blazing, Thai minivan highway carnage until one actually does die that way. Meanwhile, a goodly proportion of coffin dodgers happily avoid using minivans in the first place.

Return to “Health & Beauty”