Trying to eat healthy food..not easy at all.

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Re: Trying to eat healthy food..not easy at all.

Post by DuiDui49 » October 16, 2020, 1:21 pm

God afternoon everyone,hope you enyoy this day..!

Went to Big-C and 7/11 to stockup on some fruits.

Image..Two were bought on Big-C to reducted price.It was the Sun Gold Kiwi Fruit Organic two pices in one pack..And they taste like nothing else,absolute jaw dropping taste.Then we have the Peru Non Organic Blueberrys..as close i can get to my Swedish ones in taste.And Organic Bananas bought at 7/11..8 Bath each and your taste how a banana should taste,worth every
Bath.
..ehh the Snickerbar is for my dogs ofcourse ;)

//Alfie..:-)

Info regarding two of the fruits:
https://www.zespri.com/en-US/product
https://www.zespri.com/en-US/recipes...I have to try this Tropical Zespri SunGold Kiwifruit Smoothie

https://youtu.be/lB-Srv2D2HU
https://youtu.be/1RVbuTRXo7c
Last edited by DuiDui49 on October 16, 2020, 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 16, 2020, 2:48 pm

^ A healthy haul and just another example of how Big C schitz all over Tesco-Lotus.

The.bonus is Mrs tam's oldest niece works at a mini Big C and the fridge gets randomly populated with all sorts of yellow-tagged goodies like your kiwis.

Chocolate kills dogs BTW. Better eat it yourself.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » October 16, 2020, 2:59 pm

tamada wrote:
October 16, 2020, 2:48 pm
^ A healthy haul and just another example of how Big C schitz all over Tesco-Lotus.

The.bonus is Mrs tam's oldest niece works at a mini Big C and the fridge gets randomly populated with all sorts of yellow-tagged goodies like your kiwis.

Chocolate kills dogs BTW. Better eat it yourself.It was meant sa a joke..
I know that Mr.Ordinary ;) It was meant sa a joke,i just have to make it VERY clear it's for ME ALONE..The dogs got their Purina Chicken already,one of 3 meals they get every day.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » October 16, 2020, 3:08 pm

I have to stop posting and telling you what,when and how i eat...reason..just downaded this now:

Seabass again whith fishherbs and Chilliflakes..This time 2 pices to a total of 240gram..jummy mak mak ;)

Again i bought from the salladsbar at Big-C i salladsbox..39Bath..added some more plumtomates that's it.Had some Balsamtic dressing on top.

Tajm for a doggiewalk..if they are still alive ;) ;) ;)

Have a great day everyone..

************************************************************Seabass Info:***************************************************
Is sea bass high in calories?
Low Calories, High Protein

Seabass contains 20 grams of protein in a 3-ounce serving, which is 40 percent of the daily value. To be sure you get enough protein to meet your body's metabolic needs why not try adding seabass to your diet? You'll get all of this protein for only 105 calories in a 3-ounce serving.

Source Google ;)

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » October 16, 2020, 8:51 pm

tamada wrote:
October 16, 2020, 2:48 pm

Chocolate kills dogs BTW. Better eat it yourself.
Yip it does but takes about 2 kilos of it, small treats never an issue

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 16, 2020, 9:12 pm

^ Dogs can't metabolize it and even small treats can result in accumulation of theobromide that makes them baba bobo. Larger dogs may just get sick but with smaller dogs it can be fatal. My granny done in her chihuahua and cairn terrier with bits of Mars bars and lots of love. There's doggy chocolate out there that's had the nasty stuff removed (tastes awful, like Hershey's).

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » October 17, 2020, 7:15 am

The only treat my dogs gets is now and then a small pice of cruncy Peanut Butter or even better a fresh bone...No chocolate..they can't brush their teath;-)

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 17, 2020, 7:30 am

DM first 7 day weigh in tomorrow morning as back at Dr Wattanas in Thabor at 7 am for the follow up after an alcohol free week of meds and strict dieting.

Dogs should not eat chocolate ..period .

before my recent diet n healthy freak out period i used to share a bit of choccy now n then with Jack n Jill mi Russels ..their fav was MnMs .. alas as with me they are no longer allowed such things so we now share a nice treat like a boiled chicken carcass boiled minus the leg bones its mostly cartilage ..they love the neck... i like the heart n gizzard .

Lots of doggy treats can be found in many flavours .. my two will eat anything including my flip flops given the chance.

dm
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » October 17, 2020, 8:01 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
October 17, 2020, 7:30 am
DM first 7 day weigh in tomorrow morning as back at Dr Wattanas in Thabor at 7 am for the follow up after an alcohol free week of meds and strict dieting.

Dogs should not eat chocolate ..period .Agree 110% DM

before my recent diet n healthy freak out period i used to share a bit of choccy now n then with Jack n Jill mi Russels ..their fav was MnMs .. alas as with me they are no longer allowed such things so we now share a nice treat like a boiled chicken carcass boiled minus the leg bones its mostly cartilage ..they love the neck... i like the heart n gizzard .

Lots of doggy treats can be found in many flavours .. my two will eat anything including my flip flops given the chance. Same here my Pit would like to eat chew on anything,he has no stop.My soidog that i picked up 10+ years ago after beeing hit by a car (who never stopped),she will kill but not eat cats and snakes..but do not like my Pit at all.Guess to old and cranky like me ;)

dm

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » October 17, 2020, 5:37 pm

DuiDui49 wrote:
October 17, 2020, 8:01 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:

Lots of doggy treats can be found in many flavours .. my two will eat anything including my flip flops given the chance. Same here my Pit would like to eat chew on anything,he has no stop.My soidog that i picked up 10+ years ago after beeing hit by a car (who never stopped),she will kill but not eat cats and snakes..but do not like my Pit at all.Guess to old and cranky like me ;)

dm
Not sure if the same for you Alfie but my mutts tend to pick the most expensive shoes or even flipflops I have to snack on. The cheap and cheerful ones have never been touched must be the smell

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » October 17, 2020, 8:46 pm

dunroaming wrote:
October 17, 2020, 5:37 pm
DuiDui49 wrote:
October 17, 2020, 8:01 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:

dm
Not sure if the same for you Alfie but my mutts tend to pick the most expensive shoes or even flipflops I have to snack on. The cheap and cheerful ones have never been touched must be the smell
I've heard that why dogs love our shoes and lick our feet is because it remind the dog of a bitch in heat..don't think it's true but my Pit puppy enyoys licking my feets more then i do ;) ;) Shoes are kept indoors,the bitch outdoor and the Pit get aloved to come indoors..no and then.Both of them sleep outdoors.//Alfie..:-)

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 20, 2020, 11:57 am

tamada wrote:
October 15, 2020, 9:27 am
papafarang wrote:
October 14, 2020, 9:33 pm
tamada wrote:
October 14, 2020, 7:42 pm
Just done my first batch of Orkney patties for dinner tonight.

52619.jpg

Probably need a stent the day after tomorrow.
Not healthy ,I got pork lard to fry them in if you want ? . but I do lke the recipe. Would be nice with breakfast ,runny eggs
Pork lard does sound a tastier frying option and the runny egg brekky also sounds like a winner. Also note that if you want a crumbly Oxo cube, stick it in the fridge for a bit otherwise is doesn't crumble and you may get wee lumps of it rather than dissolving evenly in the mix. I managed to make 13 so had 1 as a sampler before 2 each for me and the oldest lad for dinner. Just stuck the other 8 in the freezer. I need to change the oil in my fryer before I do anything else.
Changed the oil.

Did a couple with runny eggs for brekky a couple of days back.

You're not wrong Dean!
53000.jpg

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » October 20, 2020, 12:48 pm

tamada wrote:
October 20, 2020, 11:57 am
tamada wrote:
October 15, 2020, 9:27 am
papafarang wrote:
October 14, 2020, 9:33 pm
tamada wrote:
October 14, 2020, 7:42 pm
Just done my first batch of Orkney patties for dinner tonight.

52619.jpg

Probably need a stent the day after tomorrow.
Not healthy ,I got pork lard to fry them in if you want ? . but I do lke the recipe. Would be nice with breakfast ,runny eggs
Pork lard does sound a tastier frying option and the runny egg brekky also sounds like a winner. Also note that if you want a crumbly Oxo cube, stick it in the fridge for a bit otherwise is doesn't crumble and you may get wee lumps of it rather than dissolving evenly in the mix. I managed to make 13 so had 1 as a sampler before 2 each for me and the oldest lad for dinner. Just stuck the other 8 in the freezer. I need to change the oil in my fryer before I do anything else.
Changed the oil.

Did a couple with runny eggs for brekky a couple of days back.

You're not wrong Dean!

53000.jpg
What oil do you use Dean?

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » October 20, 2020, 12:56 pm

If you want a oil that is relativly cheap and good for high temp frying...COCONUT OIL.

You want a really healthy7tasty and pricy one..Try ADVOCADO OIL..And ofcourse always at hand is a decent Virgin Olive Oli..

Me i use New Zeeland 100% pure butter 50/50 with the coconut oil for most of my frying....//Alfie

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 20, 2020, 1:34 pm

Certainly agree with the thread header .. it most certainly is NOT easy eating healthy food .. but i am determined to keep on track .

Today
Brekkie was Rice soup with fish and lots of veg ..
Lunch porridge oates with fresh peaches and a peach smoothie.
Evening cica 4 to 5pm .. not a clue what to have yet ..

im still not eating at all after 6pm until the following morning.

IT AINT EASY .. missing my nasty unhealthy food and beer .. :guiness:

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 20, 2020, 3:41 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
October 20, 2020, 1:34 pm
Certainly agree with the thread header .. it most certainly is NOT easy eating healthy food .. but i am determined to keep on track .

Today

DM
All good stuff there DM, stick with it. Mrs tam decided to check out jokeyingudom's menu via Grab this morning. Fast delivery, travels well and beats the hell out of trying to find a parking space. Keep in mind if you have a hankering for Isaan breakfasts.

Any noticeable changes in your sleep patterns or hours: ease of falling asleep or how you feel upon waking up?

Let me know if/when you want to drop by Conner's so you can watch us have a pint or two.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » October 20, 2020, 4:52 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:

Today

im still not eating at all after 6pm until the following morning.Didn't i try to say that for you to suceed YOU NEED A PLAN..And now you don't have a clue..not the way to do it i'm afraid DM.Can i see your mealplan for a week DM.And if you have one who was behind that,shall we call it non excisting plan DM ;) How many cal per day do you allow yourself to eat?Plan log everything you put in your mouth..and you need to know how may cal this and that is.Get a kitchenscale ASAP.

Pick a place and we have a face off DM and a cuppa coffee.Time date and were..i will try to give some direct tips and tricks for you..we you ready i'm ready..deal??

DM

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 20, 2020, 6:07 pm

tamada wrote:
October 20, 2020, 3:41 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:

Today

DM
All good stuff there DM, stick with it. Mrs tam decided to check out jokeyingudom's menu via Grab this morning. Fast delivery, travels well and beats the hell out of trying to find a parking space. Keep in mind if you have a hankering for Isaan breakfasts.

Any noticeable changes in your sleep patterns or hours: ease of falling asleep or how you feel upon waking up?

Let me know if/when you want to drop by Conner's so you can watch us have a pint or two.
In red .... answer to your post Tam.. HUNGRY and .. I GIVE THAT A MISS THANKS
DuiDui49 wrote:
October 20, 2020, 4:52 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:

Today

im still not eating at all after 6pm until the following morning.Didn't i try to say that for you to suceed YOU NEED A PLAN..And now you don't have a clue..not the way to do it i'm afraid DM.Can i see your mealplan for a week DM.And if you have one who was behind that,shall we call it non excisting plan DM ;) How many cal per day do you allow yourself to eat?Plan log everything you put in your mouth..and you need to know how may cal this and that is.Get a kitchenscale ASAP.

Pick a place and we have a face off DM and a cuppa coffee.Time date and were..i will try to give some direct tips and tricks for you..we you ready i'm ready..deal??

DM
Alfie .. never been one for planning anything outside of business let alone meals and calories , im ok with things as they are at moment just getting started .. im on the road a lot splitting my time between UD BKK and Buriram so only really in Udon 3 days per week , but hopefully thats changing soon when Buriram is out of the equation... traveling does make it more difficult to plan meals ..and passing all those Burger K ing and KFCs anit easy .. keeping busy helps to take my mind off beer chang curries , pizzas . pies tho.

Booked in Thabo hospital to have mi op 16th November so its solid hard core dieting until then and thereafter .. , loosing 1kg a week gives me 6 months to loose the 25kg at which point i will start auditioning for a part as an extra in Tenko.

Thanks for the advice ... i am listening , unfortunately i have got a lot on my plate at the moment .. excuse the pun.

DM

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » October 20, 2020, 6:57 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
October 20, 2020, 6:07 pm
tamada wrote:
October 20, 2020, 3:41 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:

Today

DM

In red .... answer to your post Tam.. HUNGRY and .. I GIVE THAT A MISS THANKS
DuiDui49 wrote:
October 20, 2020, 4:52 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:

Today

DM
Alfie .. never been one for planning anything outside of business let alone meals and calories , im ok with things as they are at moment just getting started .. im on the road a lot splitting my time between UD BKK and Buriram so only really in Udon 3 days per week , but hopefully thats changing soon when Buriram is out of the equation... traveling does make it more difficult to plan meals ..and passing all those Burger K ing and KFCs anit easy .. keeping busy helps to take my mind off beer chang curries , pizzas . pies tho.

Booked in Thabo hospital to have mi op 16th November so its solid hard core dieting until then and thereafter .. , loosing 1kg a week gives me 6 months to loose the 25kg at which point i will start auditioning for a part as an extra in Tenko.

Thanks for the advice ... i am listening , unfortunately i have got a lot on my plate at the moment .. excuse the pun.

DM
So why bother doing this to yourself at VERY wrong time and place..No planing and all excuses is all i hear,you know it i know it.How many others have "fallen"victim by not planing their workscedule,food intake,exercise,less boze,less stress..list can go on an on.

Simple advice,your body will tell you when you're ready,hopfully before some critical happens for you.The surgery can take longer for you to come back from due to you beeing obese,everything have to work harder when your going thrue a surgery.Infections takes longer for you to come back from if you get one..But like i said,i only want to help/support you by NOT sugarcoting things,not downing you..maybe i want to help/share info a bit to much.There's a saying that goes similar to this:

When the pupil is ready the teacher will show up.

Goodluck whith evrything in your life DM..God bless,eat less ;)

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 20, 2020, 8:16 pm

Again THANK YOU for your advice and concern Alfie ..

i always plan my work schedule so all goes smooth and on time , i am putting extra thought into my eating both stocking the cupboards with different food items and also where i stop yo eat en route .. as in my weekly steak treat in Nang Rong... at am not a a point of weighing what i eat or and county calories just taking it a week at a time till after the gall bladder has been whipped out and the stones made into a nice set of ear rings for Daos Christmas present.

Being a reformed piss head the beer is difficult to miss out but so far so good.

Chz DM

Return to “Health & Beauty”