Diabetic eye screening

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
lassebasse
udonmap.com

Diabetic eye screening

Post by lassebasse » December 30, 2021, 10:49 pm

I have been diagnosed with Diabetes 2 and like to have a Diabetic eye screening to check for diabetic retinopathy. Is there a hospital or clinic in Udon Thani where I can get this done?

kopkei
udonmap.com

Re: Diabetic eye screening

Post by kopkei » December 31, 2021, 6:28 am

hi , my wife has had this done recently at the army hospital , 200 baht .... ;)

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » December 31, 2021, 3:56 pm

Lassebasse, I have been to 4 different Ophthalmologists since last June, and I was recently referred to the number one guy at the Udon General Hospital who has his own clinic in downtown. I saw him last night and he is by far the best I have seen yet. He is extremely knowledgeable, speaks good English and has a very friendly and caring personality. His wife assists him in the office, and she too is an Ophthalmologist. I highly recommend him! His Facebook page is here, and I will include here a snapshot of his office hours and phone from his shop window.

https://www.facebook.com/patsathorneyec ... 6077080260
Attachments
Dr. Patsathorn and wife, Ophthalmologist.jpg
Dr. Patsathorn, Ophthalmologist.jpg
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » December 31, 2021, 6:04 pm

excellent info you put forward to us UM memebers..Maybe a Google Street View could atleast help me..Don't have FB..Thanks in advance (TIA)..//Alfie..:-)

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » December 31, 2021, 6:16 pm

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » December 31, 2021, 7:21 pm

DuiDui49 wrote:
December 31, 2021, 6:04 pm
excellent info you put forward to us UM memebers..Maybe a Google Street View could atleast help me..Don't have FB..Thanks in advance (TIA)..//Alfie..:-)
Here you go Alfie! A street view link and a map!

https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/%E0 ... 5028?hl=en
Attachments
Location of Dr. Patsathorn.png
Last edited by semperfiguy on December 31, 2021, 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » January 1, 2022, 11:37 am

semperfiguy wrote:
December 31, 2021, 7:21 pm
DuiDui49 wrote:
December 31, 2021, 6:04 pm
Here you go Alfie! A street view link and a map!

https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/%E0 ... 5028?hl=en
Back from my morning bicycleride..Thank you very much for that added info..I know exactly were it is now :-)

Have a good 2022 ,stay safe and healthy my brother in faith...//Alfie..:-)

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » January 1, 2022, 12:27 pm

I have had type 2 for years, I was never satisfied with any of the doctors I saw at both AEK and Bkk Udon hospitals, none of them are up with new medicines and advancments now available. For the last couple of years I take the drive to Khon Kaen to the Srinagarind University Hospital, they carry out all blood tests, eye tests and have a great endocrynoligist, cannot recomend them enough, the Doc I see is Dr Jin Sothonwit.

lassebasse
udonmap.com

Post by lassebasse » January 1, 2022, 2:04 pm

semperfiguy wrote:
December 31, 2021, 3:56 pm
Lassebasse, I have been to 4 different Ophthalmologists since last June, and I was recently referred to the number one guy at the Udon General Hospital who has his own clinic in downtown. I saw him last night and he is by far the best I have seen yet. He is extremely knowledgeable, speaks good English and has a very friendly and caring personality. His wife assists him in the office, and she too is an Ophthalmologist. I highly recommend him! His Facebook page is here, and I will include here a snapshot of his office hours and phone from his shop window.

Would I go to the U General Hospital or his Clinic for my eye screening?

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » January 1, 2022, 2:16 pm

Can a lay person ascertain how knowledgeable or competent an ophthalmologist is? Tricky ground. I'd guess many conditions don't need the number one guy.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » January 1, 2022, 3:03 pm

GT93 wrote:
January 1, 2022, 2:16 pm
Can a lay person ascertain how knowledgeable or competent an ophthalmologist is? Tricky ground. I'd guess many conditions don't need the number one guy.
Yes, depending on how much brain matter you have, if they cannot answer your questions and continue with outdated medicnes then some might get a reasonable idea, if you have type 2 diabettes there is now plenty of information out there.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » January 1, 2022, 8:41 pm

lassebasse wrote:
January 1, 2022, 2:04 pm
semperfiguy wrote:
December 31, 2021, 3:56 pm

Would I go to the U General Hospital or his Clinic for my eye screening?

Lassebasse, depends on how much money you want to spend. The General Hosp. is definitely cheaper, but if you're like me you may not want to fight that huge crowd there, especially with Covid still raging. He charged me 400 for the doctor visit in his clinic, 250 for a procedure to loosen up my oil glands in the eye and 350 for special eye drops for allergies. Yes, I could probably have saved money to see him at the General Hosp, but I was happy to spend the 1000 and get VIP treatment as soon as I walked in the door.

Return to “Health & Beauty”