Heartattacks and strokes...check this simple test out..

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Heartattacks and strokes...check this simple test out..

Post by tamada » April 15, 2022, 2:55 pm

Was looking for something else when I came across this for the Thabo Crown Prince Hospital.

http://www.thabohospital.com/thabo/category_id_2.html

Good price for an annual medical and handy for our NK residents.

I recall former (but still lurking) member DM had his gallbladder operation there last year and spoke very highly of his experience.

Cheers,
tam

'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » April 16, 2022, 2:35 pm

Goodafternoon this hot day !

Is it time to retire cholesterol tests?
Measuring a blood protein, apoB, might save more lives

Next time i will ask for this INSTEAD of the usuall cholesterol test.More info here for those who like to be informed and care about their health.

https://www.science.org/content/article ... erol-tests

Stay healthy and strong..:-)

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 25, 2022, 8:04 am

Here's an interesting read on persistent hypertension. Those, like myself, who found refuge in "white coat syndrome" could find it enlightening.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2 ... l-mystery/
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » April 25, 2022, 5:09 pm

tamada wrote:
April 25, 2022, 8:04 am
Here's an interesting read on persistent hypertension. Those, like myself, who found refuge in "white coat syndrome" could find it enlightening.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2 ... l-mystery/
Thank you for some intresting reading tamada.

A couple friends of mine,one in Sweden was told by his Doc on the yearly health checkup that everything was okey,but it was NOT.Company he works for had a new Doc this last year,and she ran ALOT of tests,more then usuall.And found out that he is suffering from some heart problems.Thanks to this new Doc he is now undergoing some serious tests to find out how serious/not serious the problem(s).
This was found just because the new Doc wanted to check him up really good..He think stress,together with poor diet and a glas or two of wine to relax after a stressfull day,was maybe not the best choice for his health.
And how many are walking around among us Retired Farangs here who KNOW that they should check them self up BEFORE ---- hits the fan,many i think.

Please get yourself a break..check your health.

//Alfie..:-)

Look at this vieod if you have high colesterol:

Your Doctor Is Wrong About Cholesterol.
https://youtu.be/sY48qLl9ZzE

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » April 26, 2022, 5:56 am

Ekberg, the chiropractor in the link, isn't a medical doctor. I've seen his opinions easily pulled to bits online. I think he's a quack chasing the bucks and suggest readers be skeptical about what he says.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » April 26, 2022, 9:18 am

GT93 wrote:
April 26, 2022, 5:56 am
Ekberg, the chiropractor in the link, isn't a medical doctor. I've seen his opinions easily pulled to bits online. I think he's a quack chasing the bucks and suggest readers be skeptical about what he says.
God morning GT93 !

I've heard the same thing,but i listen read and explore if what he says is something for me to checkout futher.I bet that you just posted whithout even looking at the Vid,right.And if you did,what's your opinion?Some critical thaughts maybe from someone who seems to know everything about true or false opinions/staements from an NON Medical Doctor.

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » April 30, 2022, 3:59 pm

DuiDui49 wrote:
April 25, 2022, 5:09 pm
Ekberg has 200+ videos on his channel. This series of videos is titled “your doctor is wrong about….”.
In his disclaimer on these videos:
“This is for informational purposes only. Contact your doctor for advice on specific medical issues.”
Bit of a contradiction there, your doctor is wrong, but contact your doctor.

His explanation of how cholesterol works on the body, small vs large LDL particles, and the negative effects of statins was interesting, but I’ve no idea if what he’s saying is accurate because he doesn’t reference any medical studies or sources of his claims.

I’ve watched a different video of his (titled top healthy foods) where he recommends including bacon and deli meats in your diet. Processed meats are classified as known carcinogens by the FDA.
I don’t consider him a credible source of information.

There are a number of chiropractors posting youtube videos on health outside their area of expertise. YouTube does pay alot of money once your videos become popular. Doesn’t mean there all wrong, but something to consider.

The following video is addressing an American egg board argument. The small vs large LDL argument (with documented medical journal references) comes up at the 1:28 mark in the video.

UFF DA!

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » April 30, 2022, 5:51 pm

Jello wrote:
April 30, 2022, 3:59 pm
DuiDui49 wrote:
April 25, 2022, 5:09 pm
Ekberg has 200+ videos on his channel. This series of videos is titled “your doctor is wrong about….”.
In his disclaimer on these videos:
“This is for informational purposes only. Contact your doctor for advice on specific medical issues.”
Bit of a contradiction there, your doctor is wrong, but contact your doctor.

His explanation of how cholesterol works on the body, small vs large LDL particles, and the negative effects of statins was interesting, but I’ve no idea if what he’s saying is accurate because he doesn’t reference any medical studies or sources of his claims.

I’ve watched a different video of his (titled top healthy foods) where he recommends including bacon and deli meats in your diet. Processed meats are classified as known carcinogens by the FDA.
I don’t consider him a credible source of information.

There are a number of chiropractors posting youtube videos on health outside their area of expertise. YouTube does pay alot of money once your videos become popular. Doesn’t mean there all wrong, but something to consider.

The following video is addressing an American egg board argument. The small vs large LDL argument (with documented medical journal references) comes up at the 1:28 mark in the video.

Thanks for the informative Vid Jello.

..and if you do Keto like many people do now,your LDL goes up..In the end i think i can honestly say this:

*Loose weight.
*Exercise.
*Can the processed food as much as you can
*Cut the S U G A R.
*Be preventive,do the health checkups at least ONCE a year.

And if you can,quit smoking..know it's hard but i think it's well worth the effort.
Do everything with moderation and with a positive mind.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » April 30, 2022, 7:46 pm

Just heard that Richard Jensen had a stroke yesterday and is in ICU at Bangkok Hospital Udon. The word is he's getting worse. He is on Facebook under Richard Jensen. His stepdaughter is reporting his condition there.
Attachments
Richard Jensen.png
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » May 3, 2022, 12:08 pm

DuiDui49 wrote:
April 30, 2022, 5:51 pm
..and if you do Keto like many people do now,your LDL goes up..
Which is why people like Ekberg and others who write keto diet books promote the idea that high LDL is not a concern if it’s large particle LDL.

From the National Library of Medicine report on Significant Impact of the Ketogenic Diet on Low-Density Lipoprotein Cholesterol Levels:
“There is currently no statistically significant study that proves this elevation in LDL-C would not increase cardiovascular risks.”
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7449640/

Robert Ostfeld, MD. MSc, is the Director of Preventive Cardiology at Montefiore Health System and an Associate Professor of Medicine at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine:

DuiDui49 wrote:
April 30, 2022, 5:51 pm

*Can the processed food as much as you can
For readers who may not know what that means:
Heavily -- or ultra -- processed foods have unhealthy ingredients added to make them more appealing or make them last longer. Those ingredients include things like salt, sugar, artificial colors, flavorings, and preservatives.

The worst processed foods for your diet are typically ready-to-eat and low in nutrients. They include cookies, sugary drinks, deli meats, and frozen pizza, salty snacks like chips, and most breakfast cereals. These foods may taste good, but they’re loaded with added ingredients that aren’t good for you.
https://www.webmd.com/diet/ss/slideshow-processed-food
UFF DA!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 13, 2022, 12:42 pm

Early days yet but possibly another pathway to getting ahead of hidden heart disease?

"A simple non-invasive eye examination may be able to predict risk of heart attack when combined with other information, according to a study.

Researchers found that combining information about the pattern of blood vessels in the retina with traditional clinical factors enabled them to better identify participants’ risk of an attack, compared with established models that only included demographic data."

https://www.theguardian.com/society/202 ... says-study
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » June 13, 2022, 2:19 pm

Intresting reading Tam,thank you for the link.While on this subject of heart health i give this to share at your next appointment with your health provider:

We all know ?? .. what BMI measure stands for But an even more effective way to find out if you and your waist measurement divided by your height is an even better way to measure your ratio for a stroke / heart attack.So you do this:
Take a measuring tape and measure your waist the measuring tape should be at the height of your navel (important) then you take your measured waist measurement and divide it by your length..then you get a number ..
Take me as an example:
* Waist measurement..34cm.
* Length..1.86.
And I got a sum of 0.18
If your sum is MORE than 1.5 then you have a greater risk of heart attack / strokes and other heart-related diseases. If you are UNDER 1.5 you belong to the lower category for heart and stroke diseases. Another small blood test is your fasting Insulin as well as Hemoglobin A1c can give it some numbers on what you need to know..then there are inflammation markers such as C reacting protein and SED Rate..all the mentioned tests are done with a simple blood test..and the last test is called C Petide level.
Do you and your doctor find that the values ​​are on the high side ... the medicine is not called medicine in tablet form but the DIET. So at the next meeting with your doctor or your annual health check ask to have these tests done.

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » June 14, 2022, 1:27 pm

DuiDui49 wrote:
June 13, 2022, 2:19 pm
* Waist measurement..34cm.
Are you a stick?

I think you mean inches

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » June 14, 2022, 4:01 pm

DuiDui49 wrote:
June 13, 2022, 2:19 pm
Intresting reading Tam,thank you for the link.While on this subject of heart health i give this to share at your next appointment with your health provider:

We all know ?? .. what BMI measure stands for But an even more effective way to find out if you and your waist measurement divided by your height is an even better way to measure your ratio for a stroke / heart attack.So you do this:
Take a measuring tape and measure your waist the measuring tape should be at the height of your navel (important) then you take your measured waist measurement and divide it by your length..then you get a number ..
Take me as an example:
* Waist measurement..86cm.
* Length..1.86.
And I got a sum of 0.46
If your sum is MORE than 1.5 then you have a greater risk of heart attack / strokes and other heart-related diseases. If you are UNDER 1.5 you belong to the lower category for heart and stroke diseases. Another small blood test is your fasting Insulin as well as Hemoglobin A1c can give it some numbers on what you need to know..then there are inflammation markers such as C reacting protein and SED Rate..all the mentioned tests are done with a simple blood test..and the last test is called C Peptide level.
Do you and your doctor find that the values ​​are on the high side ... the medicine is not called medicine in tablet form but the DIET. So at the next meeting with your doctor or your annual health check ask to have these tests done.

Thank you pointing out my misstake...my measuring tape have both CM and Inches.I missread.
Last edited by DuiDui49 on June 14, 2022, 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » June 14, 2022, 6:13 pm

Just to clarify, I think the last blood test is C Peptide, not C Petide

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » June 14, 2022, 8:15 pm

Stantheman wrote:
June 14, 2022, 6:13 pm
Just to clarify, I think the last blood test is C Peptide, not C Petide
Absolutely correct Stantheman..thanks for spell proofing me ;-)Iv'e corrected that now.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » June 17, 2022, 8:27 pm

A few months ago I purchased the health package at Bangkok Hospital Udon which consisted of an Upper Abdomen Ultrasound, a Carotid Arteries Doppler Ultrasound and a CT Coronary Calcium Score Exam. I have been having palpitations for the past few weeks, so I figured it was time to go in for the tests today. The upper abdomen is all good, but I'm not too happy about the results of the other two tests. I have 30% blockage in both Carotid Arteries, and my Coronary Calcium Score is 602 which means I am at high risk for a stoke or heart attack in the next 5 years. Dr. Kasem put me on a new medicine to control my irregular heartbeat and says if it doesn't improve then I will need to do a Coronary Angiogram to determine which arteries might be blocked with plaque and to what extent. This could be done by a CT Coronary Angiogram or by using the more invasive exam with a catheter probe into the heart, also called a Coronary Angiogram.

Therefore, I would like to start checking around for the best price on either of these two types of Coronary Angiograms, and to hear from UM members who may have had one of these exams and can give me some advice from their personal experiences. The Army Hospital is my preference. I tend to stay away from the private hospitals unless they have some really good discount promotions. Any comments or suggestions would be much appreciated.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » June 17, 2022, 8:27 pm

A few months ago I purchased the health package at Bangkok Hospital Udon which consisted of an Upper Abdomen Ultrasound, a Carotid Arteries Doppler Ultrasound and a CT Coronary Calcium Score Exam. I have been having palpitations for the past few weeks, so I figured it was time to go in for the tests today. The upper abdomen is all good, but I'm not too happy about the results of the other two tests. I have 30% blockage in both Carotid Arteries, and my Coronary Calcium Score is 602 which means I am at high risk for a stoke or heart attack in the next 5 years. Dr. Kasem put me on a new medicine to control my irregular heartbeat and says if it doesn't improve then I will need to do a Coronary Angiogram to determine which arteries might be blocked with plaque and to what extent. This could be done by a CT Coronary Angiogram or by using the more invasive exam with a catheter probe into the heart, also called a Coronary Angiogram.

Therefore, I would like to start checking around for the best price on either of these two types of Coronary Angiograms, and to hear from UM members who may have had one of these exams and can give me some advice from their personal experiences. The Army Hospital is my preference. I tend to stay away from the private hospitals unless they have some really good discount promotions. Any comments or suggestions would be much appreciated.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » June 18, 2022, 5:47 am

semperfiguy wrote:
June 17, 2022, 8:27 pm

Good morning !

I both happy and not so happy when i read your post...BUT the really good news is that you now know what's going on under the "hood".And sorry to read that you have this problem but lets hope you caught it in time.A friend in Sweden who i have been telling the last year to have a really good medical checkup seems to have the same result as you..but more test for him ahead..same i guess for you.
I have no pricelist for the tests you need but i would start at MH,they seems to have the best price atleast,go from there.
I wish you goodluck,don't stress about it will not help..Take your time readup on what diffrent steps are so when you meet your Doc.next time you have more meat on your bone to ak the right Q.s..Atleast that would be my approach.

God bless and take care..//Alfie..:-)

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » September 28, 2023, 7:17 pm

Prevalence of Hypertension: Why Is This Condition So Common?

If interested learning/educate yourself a bit check this from Healthline:

https://www.healthline.com/health/preva ... a7e17c6944

Return to “Health & Beauty”