Mike Davey RIP.

Pay tribute to loved ones and friends here...
semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Mickey Davey Killed This Evening

Post by semperfiguy » September 24, 2016, 10:10 pm

I just got a call from Mickey Davey's wife, Jai, to inform me that Mickey was killed in a road accident this evening. I don't know any of the details as yet, but I will post more information as I receive it.
Attachments
DSC_0413 - Copy.JPG

Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Mike Davey RIP.

Post by vincemunday » September 24, 2016, 10:20 pm

Tonight we lost a longstanding expat Mr Michael (Mike) Davey who was unfortunately involved in an accident on his motorcycle. I know he was a friend of many of you and I'm sure that more posts will be put up regarding his passing and his funeral. RIP Mike, I didn't know you very long but you was a lovely, genteel man who will be sorely missed by those who knew you. Fortunately, I have lived in Ramsgate, Mike's hometown, for a while and I luckily knew people who knew his children but his passing highlighted a huge problem insofar as who to notify in such a situation like this, if I hadn't lived there who would we have notified? Therefore, I'm offering to start a database, completely confidential, where we can keep as much detail as you might feel you want kept in case of an emergency. Of course the basics would be who to contact, their telephone numbers and so on but it could contain as much information as you feel is necessary. I am open to suggestions, I will build and maintain the database for free, all I need is your thoughts and input as to what it should store. Please let me know.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Galee
udonmap.com

Re: Mickey Davey Killed This Evening

Post by Galee » September 25, 2016, 7:24 am

Shocking news. RIP Mick. Will miss our chats at the T-Bar.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Re: Mike Davey RIP.

Post by Khun Paul » September 25, 2016, 4:37 pm

This is so sad, a gentleman qand a friend, talked long and often at the T bar, we were like minded in many things. I willmiss his humour and friendliness. RIP Mick condolences to Jai.

mac123
udonmap.com

Post by mac123 » September 26, 2016, 9:56 am

So sorry to hear about Mick's sad passing. I first got to know Mick through playing golf - after the first round, he shook my hand....and nearly broke it (he was a strong guy). Anyone acquainted with Mick will know that he was a true gent, friendly and approachable; however, he was also a straight-talker and would tell anyone off if they were talking bolloks.

Mick was a fixture at 5pm in the TBar and was always great company. He will be sorely missed.

Mick my friend R.I.P.

broon97
udonmap.com

Post by broon97 » September 26, 2016, 1:42 pm

Such a nice guy, I will miss our chats in the T Bar.
Condolences to his family.
RIP Mick

Pooclover
udonmap.com
Location: Sitting in a sleazy snack-bar sucking sickly sausage rolls

Post by Pooclover » September 26, 2016, 5:32 pm

Sad news.... Any details about the accident...?

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » September 26, 2016, 6:20 pm

I looked for, but didn't find anything in the Thai news reports.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 26, 2016, 7:12 pm

My information was that it was on the Nong Khai road on his way home, further details are a tad misty, spent about 3 hours in a hospital before succumbing to his injuries. A very sad ending for such a positive person. RIP Mike .

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » September 26, 2016, 9:07 pm

The latest information I have is that Mickey was either going to or coming from T-Bar Restaurant and the hit-and-run happened between 8 and 9 PM. His wife was in Khon Kaen and had suggested that Mickey go out for dinner, and as some may know, T-Bar was his favorite venue. The culprit that hit him turned himself into the police the following day, but I have no word on the status of that.

Mickey's partner, Jai, is still waiting for his body to be released from the hospital. It seems that the local authorities in charge would not honor Mickey's Last Will and Testament which gave Jai full authority to deal with his remains. They have insisted that Jai have a release signed by Mickey's children in his home country. Jai has been in contact with them and they have fully agreed to sign the release and allow a traditional Thai cremation funeral. I take that as a lesson learned....that the local lower echelon authorities do not understand how to interpret a Will and do not recognize the legal directives in a Last Will and Testament as we do in the West. There's always a hitch somewhere, and they seem to be keen on making one's life miserable even on the worst day of your life.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

Pinkcloud16

Post by Pinkcloud16 » September 27, 2016, 12:29 am

Can you please advise if this was definately a hit and run? As his daughter this information is important to me and my brother.. we are currently in conversation with the embassy but any further information will be appreciated.
Thank you..

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » September 27, 2016, 9:18 am

Udon Map has just received a telephone call from someone claiming to be a cousin, a woman named Phen. She would like to be in touch with the family. If anyone can provide this information, please email it to me at [email protected] and I will put her in touch.

Thank you.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » September 27, 2016, 9:57 am

Pinkcloud16 wrote:Can you please advise if this was definately a hit and run? As his daughter this information is important to me and my brother.. we are currently in conversation with the embassy but any further information will be appreciated.
Thank you..
Pinkcloud16, I have just sent you a private message on the forum format. I hope that you are able to access the message, but if not, will you kindly post a message in reply and I will respond in another way.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » September 27, 2016, 10:47 am

At 10:30 this morning my wife received a phone call directly from Mickey's partner, Jai, to inform us that Mickey's funeral will be held tomorrow, the 28th of September, at 1 PM at the Wat on the corner of Phosri Road and Pho Niyom Road which is the road that takes you to the front of Udon General Hospital from Phosri Road. I am attaching a map here for your consideration. There is a traffic light at that junction, and it appears from the map that one can enter the Wat off Phosri Road, but I am not positive of that. If you will double left-click on the map it will enlarge if needed.

Jai has asked me to pass along this information to all of his friends who wish to attend.
Attachments
Temple for Mickey's funeral.PNG

Pinkcloud16

Post by Pinkcloud16 » September 27, 2016, 2:22 pm

Hi Patrick
Thanks for your reply I have sent you to PM to your private email address.
Thank you

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » September 27, 2016, 3:54 pm

I have just received the final format for the funeral service tomorrow, and the plans have changed a bit. Mickey's body was taken to the Wat today at 1 PM where he is now lying in repose. The monks will begin their chant tonight starting at 7:30 PM. Tomorrow the monks will eat at 11 AM and begin chanting at 2:30 PM. At 3 PM Mickey's body will be moved to the crematorium portion of the temple grounds, and at 4 PM the services will be concluded. I am attaching here a schedule of the funeral services as was passed along to me in the Thai language.
Attachments
14518224_822474727887773_1102064267_n.jpg
Funeral Schedule.jpg

Return to “Obituaries”