Udon Thani FC - The 2013-season

Sports, Leisure and Adventure for the active minded. (Udon Thani related topics only)
tkvicksson
udonmap.com

Post by tkvicksson » November 24, 2013, 5:26 pm

Udon have put one back.

Svein66
udonmap.com

Post by Svein66 » November 24, 2013, 5:55 pm

UDFC lost 1-2... :(

Svein66
udonmap.com

Post by Svein66 » November 24, 2013, 7:44 pm

Results today:
Nakhon Nayok 2-1 Udon Thani
Sukhothai 1-1 Paknampho NSRU

Latest: Chiang Mai 2-0 Ang Thong

UDFC can still be promoted, but they have to win both their last 2 games (both at home against Ang Thong & Sukhothai), while Paknampho can not get more than 3 points from their 2 last games (at home to Chiang Mai & away to Ang Thong).

Chiang Mai will be promoted tonight if they can hang on to the lead against Ang Thong (a few minutes left).

Svein66
udonmap.com

Post by Svein66 » November 29, 2013, 8:45 am

It`s easy to think that there might not be a game this weekend, when following UDFC on Facebook, as they haven`t posted anything at all the last 5 days, except for a link to another website.
But UDFC are playing at home against Ang Thong tomorrow at 6pm, and a win will keep the promotion hopes alive. If Paknampho don`t win at home to Chiang Mai tomorrow (4pm), Udon`s chances of promotion are very good. But hard to say how already promoted Chiang Mai are commited to this game.

phen
udonmap.com

Post by phen » November 29, 2013, 10:26 am

It's nice a Saturday evening game. I prefer that.
Come with some friends and take my girl from 8 with me to the stadium.
She like too sing and dance and she enjoy herself a lot the last game.

Svein66
udonmap.com

Post by Svein66 » November 29, 2013, 12:44 pm

1465343_10151731369502587_1215614196_n.jpg

tkvicksson
udonmap.com

Post by tkvicksson » November 30, 2013, 5:39 pm

Nakhon - Sukhothai 3-1 with late in the match.

Svein66
udonmap.com

Post by Svein66 » December 5, 2013, 8:17 am

Still one more game to be played this season, but UDFC`s promotion hopes ended last weekend. The game is at home against Sukhothai at 4PM/16.00 (!!) tomorrow and Sukhothai can still be promoted. If they win tomorow and Ang Thong vs Paknampho ends in a draw, then Sukhothai are playing in Division 1 next season. If the other game ends with a win to either side, the winning team will be promoted.

Udon Thani Football Club has had a very good season all in all. They ended 2nd in the league and got qualified for Champions League (promotion play-off). There they had an awful awayform, but they got some new experience and hopefully they learned something they can use again later. It`s not easy to get promoton to Division 1, and the number of teams that have played in the Champions League both 2 and 3 times proves that.
UDFC also had a very good run in the League Cup this season, beating two TPL-teams and one Division 1 team who got promoted to TPL. They also played two great games against Treble Winners Buriram in the quarterfinales, with only a horrible mistake by the referee in the last seconds denying them a draw in Buriram.

The club has also seen a big increase in supporters this season, with most homegames having close to full capacity, and around 30,000 more fans on their Facebookpage.
On the negative side they had some financial problems in the middle of the season, but that looked to change in the second half of the season. But to really know what`s going on inside the club, I think we have to understand thai.

The game tomorrow is UDFC`s 46th game in 44 weeks, so they really deserve a break now. But it can`t be a long break as the new season possibly kicks-off in early February.

Svein66
udonmap.com

Post by Svein66 » December 5, 2013, 9:17 am

The game is of course NOT tomorrow, but on Saturday...

Svein66
udonmap.com

Post by Svein66 » December 7, 2013, 7:20 am

Last chance to see UDFC this season is at 4pm today. It`s an early kick-off because all games have to be played at the same time. Tickets are only half price today - 40 baht.

Svein66
udonmap.com

Post by Svein66 » December 7, 2013, 8:27 am

UDFC vs Sukhothai can be seen live on SMMTV at 4pm today.
1455052_678623895505863_782415718_n.jpg

Svein66
udonmap.com

Post by Svein66 » December 7, 2013, 6:05 pm

It should have been an exciting day for 3 clubs playing for promotion today.
Ang Thong was playing Paknampho, while Sukhothai was playing UDFC and was hoping for a draw in the other match.
But everything was over after only 30 minutes. Ang Thong got a penalty and Paknampho got a player sent off. Paknampho then left the pitch and went home. After 15 minutes Ang Thong automatically was awarded a 2-0 win and got promoted to Division 1, and Sukhothai didn`t have anything to play for, but they won 1-0 in Udon.

This 15-minute-protest rule should be removed, and all teams from next season who is leaving the pitch should be banned from that season + the next (at least). The rule is just childish and stupid!

Svein66
udonmap.com

Post by Svein66 » December 7, 2013, 10:15 pm

UDFC`s shirt for next season was presented today.
1467409_10151746562582587_1990785343_n.jpg

tkvicksson
udonmap.com

Post by tkvicksson » December 7, 2013, 10:29 pm

Fifa, can they do something about this?

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » December 9, 2013, 6:00 am

I might get around to posting my thoughts on the end of the season and general, but in the meantime, perhaps the extract below from the Thai League Football website is of interest.It certainly expresses some of my own my own feelings. Although I didn't have a good view of the incident leading to Ang Thong's disputed penalty in the game against Udon, a key point in the game, one does now wonder! (I did actually think Ang Thong were as competitive/able as Udon, if not more so and worked very, very hard to contain Udon.)

"The promotion showdown between Ang Thong and Paknampho NSRU ended in farcical circumstances. Ang Thong were awarded a 2-0 win after NSRU failed to return to the pitch after walking off in the 42nd minute. The Nakhon Sawan side were outraged when the referee awarded a penalty against them and then subsequently reduced them to ten players in the melee that followed. In NSRU’s defence, it was a blatant dive for the spot kick and they did have a debatable offside ruling against them which prevented them taking a 1-0 lead. However, I can’t defend them for throwing the towel in even if they thought the referee had been bought. In the football culture in which I grew up, you give it your best shot and fight to the end even if everything seems to be going against you. At least then you can walk away with your head held high. What Paknampho NSRU did was take the coward’s way out. Not only did they let the players and fans down, they also did Sukhothai an injustice as they could have earned promotion had this game ended in a tie.

Anyway, Sukhothai’s 1-0 win at Udon Thani wouldn’t have been enough but I’m guessing news filtered through to them during the game about the shenanigans at Ang Thong. Sukhothai’s winning goal came courtesy of a free kick from club captain Junsom.
Chiang Mai wrapped up the group title with a 2-1 victory over Nakhon Nayok. Chatchai was yet again on the scoresheet with a goal in each half for the Lanna Tigers. The visitors grabbed a late goal but it was a mere consolation.

To conclude the formalities, Chiang Mai will face Roi Et Utd over two legs to decide who wins the Champions league. The real issue of promotion has already been achieved but the two deciders give narcissistic, hi-so individuals connected with each club an opportunity to plaster their faces all over the relevant media landscape."

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » December 13, 2013, 3:31 pm

Much-liked Joseph (No 31) has signed for Thai Premier League Samut Songkhram. In a pleasant facebook message, he said he was a free agent, no longer under contract with Udon. I'm not surprised - he seemed very capable of playing at a higher level. I guess he played when Udon beat Samut in the League Cup run, so the latter probably tagged him then.
I've no idea, of course, if Udon wanted to keep him, but couldn't offer him a contract now, or sufficient money.
Good luck to him. He certainly gave his all for Udon -IMO.

Svein66
udonmap.com

Post by Svein66 » December 13, 2013, 4:09 pm

Isn`t this him, Brian?
http://www.kondivision2.com/content.php?id=1223
If so, it looks like he`s gone to Samut Sakhon. They finished as number 8 in Ang Thong`s league this season.

I don`t think many of our players have more than a 1-year contract, so more players might leave shortly. Lots of clubs in D1 & D2 are changing big parts of their squads every season. Just look at Ubon who got in 7 new players in the summer.
I think that UDFC had to let one of the foreigners leave before next seson, as it`s been said that the guy with the No 10-shirt at some of the games (in the stand, not on the pitch) couldn`t play because UDFC already had all the foreigners the rules give them have. I`ve also seen him on Facebook and somewhere it was mentioned the reason I just said. I think he`s a friend of No 20 Pouya, and he looks like an Iranian too.

Anyway, I hope UDFC has the money they need to keep the best players + get in new players that can make the team better and have another shot at promotion next year.

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » December 14, 2013, 5:06 am

Oh dear, so I posted a load of misinformation! A visit to Top Charoen is necessary and I can't even offer the excuse that I'd been at the cider!
Yes, so it's Samut Sakhon, NOT Samut Songkhram and Joseph hasn't actually moved up levels. Funny how he didn't correct me in our facebook exchange. I'm getting some vibes back about how Udon is being managed. In my book, he would have been a player worth retaining, yet for whatever reasons, he's moved to another Club still in the Regional League.
Otherwise Svein, there might be the desire to create a place for Amir, the midfield playmaker, probably IF his friend Pouya is retained too. Saw the former play against Laos in that friendly. He looked useful, although not sure he is as quick as Joseph. I'm sure you're correct about short-term contracts and that there's a big turnaround in players, particularly the foreign element.

Svein66
udonmap.com

Post by Svein66 » December 17, 2013, 8:45 am

Phitsanulok has signed Nattapol Janthupa (No 22) from Udon Thani, so that`s the second player leaving. Haven`t seen any news about new players yet.

Svein66
udonmap.com

Post by Svein66 » December 18, 2013, 10:20 am

Looks like No 30 Omogba are leaving for Samut Sakhon too...

Return to “Sports, Leisure and Adventure in Udon Thani”