Golf Charity Day. 7th May

Sports, Leisure and Adventure for the active minded. (Udon Thani related topics only)
Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » April 18, 2014, 6:28 am

The Udon Golfing community is organizing a charity day at Ulbolrat Dam Golf course on the 7th May in aid of the Udon Thani Home for Orphaned Children.
Cost to enter is 1000baht. This includes green fee, 1 beer and food after the round.
Entry forms are available at various bars around town. You can select your own partners and tee time, 8.30-1030am, if not already taken.
An auction of items will take place after the golf in aid of the charity. All donations for the auction and the charity greatly appreciated.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 18, 2014, 10:53 am

Galee .

I dont play golf seriously enough YET to play on the day but im sure i can find something for your auction , got some lovely Belgian beer/glass box sets perfect for this good cause ... question is when / where would you like to collect or drop off ?

Drop me a pm or a phone call to confirm.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » April 18, 2014, 4:16 pm

DM, thank you very much for your offer. Very much appreciated. I'll pass on you offer to the organisers. I'm just the messenger on the local forums.

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » April 18, 2014, 4:46 pm

Contact details for the organizers are.

Trevor. 0861458105
[email protected]

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » April 23, 2014, 12:50 pm

I've been asked to bump this topic and put out a request for any bar/restaurant owner who might be contemplating donating to the auction at the end of the round. All you have to do is write a voucher for x number of free meals or beers, contact one of the organizers and it will be collected.
If anyone has visited the Home for Orphaned children you will know what a heart wrenching experience it is. Especially the two baby wards. The golfing community are hoping to equal the 30,000baht donated last year.
Remaining spaces are limited. If interested in playing please contact one of the organizers before Friday as food and numbers etc, has to be finalized by then.

udonexp123
udonmap.com

Post by udonexp123 » May 10, 2014, 8:15 pm

Terrific effort by Trevor Edge and Peter Hellery in conducting a most successful Golf Day for the Udon Home for Children at Ubolrat Dam course last Wednesday.
Everything went like clockwork and a most enjoyable time had by all.
The Auction at the end was a big money earner for the Charity and hats off to all the people and businesses,namely Steve's Sports Bar-The T Bar-Chris's Bar-Papa Farangs-The Book House-Bubba''s Bar and Grill and the #1 Bar in Khon Kaen who kindly made contributions. Peter Hellery was in his element conducting the auction and the players present were most cooperative in their bidding.
Trevor Edge who initiated the event is to be congratulated as he has with Peters assistance raised more than 20,000 baht which will be provided with the other money contributed by Udon Golf Members in the form of goods to the Home at the end of 2014.

Return to “Sports, Leisure and Adventure in Udon Thani”