Kids football school.

Sports, Leisure and Adventure for the active minded. (Udon Thani related topics only)
Macca
udonmap.com

Kids football school.

Post by Macca » November 20, 2014, 7:06 pm

My lad is 10 years old and a keen footballer.
Does anyone know of a weekend football coaching school in Udon.
All information ( times, prices. website) appreciated

Cheers

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Kids football school.

Post by Brian Davis » November 21, 2014, 5:33 am

Just an idea, Macca, and it might not be what you're looking for, but I'm aware that Udon FC have a youth setup. I really don't know what's involved, whether the boys have to be a certain standard, if there's proper training/coaching etc. I see the boys often kicking about before an Udon game, which they then watch. I don't think he'll mind me mentioning, but I believe Drunk Monkey's boy was involved.

papaguido
udonmap.com

Kids football school.

Post by papaguido » November 21, 2014, 8:08 am

Nearly 5 years ago I was asking the same question after my son attended football camp at the Physical Education college. Now, as far as I know none really exist while school is in session. My son plays for his school's "team" and on some weekends plays at the UD Soccer field. The weekend games are organized "pick-up" games(basically, kids show up and teams are picked and there's a 50bt entry fee). Adults acting as coaches/refs are on hand to organize the teams and provide support during the game. UD Soccer is located next door to Le Cellini housing development and behind Mr Sushi restaurant on Chomchuen Rd (not far from electric company). No idea if there's an age requirement or skill level, but you could drop by and ask. My son tells me the next scheduled game is on Dec 6th.

My son also tells me that there may be pick up games at Udon Sports Stadium (off Phosi/Nittayo Rd), but doesn't know for sure.

There's more info in the following link for the Physical Education football camp and other programs typically offered during summer break. It's an old post, but I'm pretty sure the sports programs are still offered.

http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/f ... 16735.html

Macca
udonmap.com

Kids football school.

Post by Macca » November 21, 2014, 12:06 pm

Thanks for the feedback and I will take a look at the sports place close to UD Town.
Unfortunately his school doesn't appear to have a team or indeed any football facilities.

It's also quite difficult to judge his standard so as much as I wont to encourage him II don't want to throw him in to a level way above his.
Might just have an excuse to visit the new Tap bar and chat with DM

papaguido
udonmap.com

Kids football school.

Post by papaguido » November 21, 2014, 5:08 pm

I forgot...during summer break my son played in a kids football league at a smaller football field across from Nong Bua lake. No idea if they have any programs for kids on the weekend, I think adults play there mostly. It's not too far away from Udon Sports Stadium and if you're in the area you might want to check it out.

papaguido
udonmap.com

Kids football school.

Post by papaguido » November 23, 2014, 9:01 am

Macca wrote:Thanks for the feedback and I will take a look at the sports place close to UD Town.
Unfortunately his school doesn't appear to have a team or indeed any football facilities.

It's also quite difficult to judge his standard so as much as I wont to encourage him II don't want to throw him in to a level way above his.
Might just have an excuse to visit the new Tap bar and chat with DM
As usual "daddy" is always the last to know...I want to clarify what I stated about pick-up games at UD Soccer. They're not pick-up games as I thought. They were try outs for a football match on Dec 6th. The "cut" was made yesterday and a team was formed to play against Nong Bua (I'm guessing Nong Bua went through a similar process). Sorry no other details (extracting information from my family is much like an interrogation) and FWIW...the UD Soccer team is made up mostly from students from Bosco and Udon Pitt.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Kids football school.

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 23, 2014, 10:07 am

Brian Davis wrote:Just an idea, Macca, and it might not be what you're looking for, but I'm aware that Udon FC have a youth setup. I really don't know what's involved, whether the boys have to be a certain standard, if there's proper training/coaching etc. I see the boys often kicking about before an Udon game, which they then watch. I don't think he'll mind me mentioning, but I believe Drunk Monkey's boy was involved.
Morning all ...just seen this thread and that i got a mention .

My son played for Chonburi Juniors before we came here to Udon and since being here has trained and played for several different outfits , UDFC have an academy where he lasted the longest but ....times , matches arranged and the whole set up was a bit hit n miss . Now 14 he is playing for a team organized by a teacher from his school {Udon christian on the NK rd) .

I would try the UDFC academy first , tho there are numerous teams here in Udon including a bit Futsol league.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Kids football school.

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 23, 2014, 11:13 pm

Asked my lad tonight and he reckons the former UDFC team he played for is now diss banded , tho the academy is still on the go but with out any real structure .. pretty runothemill here in LOS .

I would suggest getting into a local team first and then going to see the powers that be aT udfc ..WHEN THE NEW SEASON STARTS .

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

rct
udonmap.com

Kids football school.

Post by rct » November 24, 2014, 8:46 am

ZALVO SOCCER FOR KIDS

Follow Phosri Road over the tracks, turn left at the China Gate, proceed right past the Thai Chinese Cultural Center and follow Nong Bua Lake a few hundred meters, there is ZALVO Soccer which has kids soccer both during school holidays for weeks at a time, as well as currently having Saturday/Sunday training from 09h30 to 12h00, every weekend. Cost is 2000 baht per month during school season for the weekends, and includes two uniforms.

My son is nearly 8, and the ages seem to range from 5 to 10-11, go see for yourself if it suits you. Seems a nice clean and safe environment.

The kids have a match in Kohn Kaen on December 13th I believe.

By the way, I live near the soccer field close to Le Cellini on Srichumchen Road, I have not seen kids stuff there, at least not yet. They are building an impressive new restaurant and coffee shop however.

Macca
udonmap.com

Kids football school.

Post by Macca » November 25, 2014, 3:47 pm

Thanks for all the feedback.
Seems there is a real lack of sporting facilities for kids in Thailand and Udon.
The national team well against Singapore the other night, makes you wonder what they could achieve if they tried.

Will keep looking but for now it's the local school field, jumpers for goalposts, for him.

rct
udonmap.com

Kids football school.

Post by rct » November 26, 2014, 8:40 am

I believe the Zalvo school I mentioned will satisfy most sons and daughters. It is very nice in fact.

Macca
udonmap.com

Kids football school.

Post by Macca » November 26, 2014, 11:11 am

rct wrote:I believe the Zalvo school I mentioned will satisfy most sons and daughters. It is very nice in fact.
Sorry, some how managed to miss your comment.
I will take a look there this weekend.
Cheers

Polleke
udonmap.com

Kids football school.

Post by Polleke » November 30, 2014, 11:57 am

We had a look at Zalvo Soccer School this morning. Nice accommodation and 4 trainers were busy with about 16 kids (aged between 5 and 12 years old this morning, one girl too). Our cousin got excited instantly so we signed him up, he'll start next week Saturday.
Training every Saturday and Sunday morning from 9:00 am till lunch time. One month (8 sessions) cost THB 2000. All the kids have a proper kit, which costs THB 1000 (2 different shirts, 2 matching shorts, 2 pair of socks and a nice little back pack). We also got him a pair of Nike football shoes at the Nike Store in the Outlet Mall.
I think he can't sleep until next week Saturday...
IMG_1433.jpg

Polleke
udonmap.com

Kids football school.

Post by Polleke » November 30, 2014, 11:59 am

Here's another photo, of a training session in action, with the smallest kids upfront.
IMG_1431.jpg

rct
udonmap.com

Kids football school.

Post by rct » December 1, 2014, 9:43 am

Hope nobody minds my mentioning it, the smallest kid in the photo is mostly on the sidelines and the majority are bigger and quite active and they have a good 2-5 hours of training and learning.

Return to “Sports, Leisure and Adventure in Udon Thani”