What would be a gift to say thank you

Thai Society and culture, Living in Thailand.
vidmaster
udonmap.com

What would be a gift to say thank you

Post by vidmaster » August 21, 2017, 11:25 pm

Hi
I have left some clothes, golf clubs & my motorcycle with a Thai friend & his wife for 6 months to save me bringing them back and forth when I visit U.K.
Can anyone suggest a thank you gift they would appreciate and also a suitable restaurant that I can take them out for a slap up meal ?
Thanks in advance
Ps I will be asking them to do this for the foreseeable future years

jimjay
udonmap.com

Re: What would be a gift to say thank you

Post by jimjay » August 21, 2017, 11:32 pm

some high quality chocolates from UK a nice start. or framed pics of nice view. nothing from here though.

for food, try Good Everything, Dose Espresso, or try centara hotel retaurant. gallery guest house restaurant also nice as has both food types and nice atmosphere easy parking + near airport.

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » August 22, 2017, 9:36 am

Cash.
They are preforming a service for you. Don't know what a place like UDStorage would charge you, but I'd say 300-500 baht per month to look after your stuff would be fair.
UFF DA!

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » August 22, 2017, 9:46 am

The Gallery on a Friday is a great place to take someone if they like Farang food, if they prefer Thai there is an eat all you like buffet by Nong Sim park that is always a winner with my Thai family and friends, with visiting Farang too thinking about it.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Liam Dale
udonmap.com

Post by Liam Dale » August 22, 2017, 10:49 am

Totally agree with Jello. The "romantic gesture" of western culture is not important here. A present is NO substitute for hard cash. Where the receiver can CHOOSE what they do with it. It truly increases their happy factor. (This includes wives et al..) with the exception of gold, chanots, cars n motorbikes.. ;-)

Return to “Society and culture”