snakes in udon

Long distance relationships, mixed relationships etc...
wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » June 22, 2008, 7:57 pm

Arroi mai ?

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » June 22, 2008, 8:02 pm

Ssssssssssab.
Can You Dig It Dug.?

rickfarang
udonmap.com

Post by rickfarang » June 22, 2008, 10:45 pm

Had a little 30 cm brown snake in the yard today. He was on the concrete apron at the base of the house. He headed for the recently mowed lawn and in an instant, he was invisible. I went and put on my boots before finishing the watering.

After Guns482's post, I am reconsidering getting a dog. Or maybe a mongoose!

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » June 23, 2008, 8:10 am

Several snake happenings this way. Partner's sister discovered cobra in box in car port. Slid away fortunately.
Partner and sister on motorbike when green snake dropped out of tree, nearly on top of them. Shopping intact, although several eggs broken!
Then guy opposite excitedly shows me dead, largish cobra in rice bag. Apparently just off to cook and eat it. Yummy!

hxjohn
udonmap.com

Post by hxjohn » June 23, 2008, 12:44 pm

wokkawombat wrote:Steps to take in case of snake bite.

1. Catch and kill the patient.

2. Calm and reassure the snake.

John
:lol: :lol: :lol: bloddy aussie first aider.s

Roy
udonmap.com
Location: Outside LA's hoping to get a glimpse of his naked maid

Post by Roy » June 24, 2008, 12:06 am

I opened my back door to the 3m x 2m patch of concrete loosely referred to as my back garden one morning only to find a large serpent coiled around my washing line.
I looked at it (breifly) it seemed to look at me and that was the end of the three seconds our existences would be intertwined.

I turned on my heels squealing in a very feminine high voice for por-in-law, who lives across the road, to get his big knife as I was under attack from the serpent from hell.

The said serpent decided his work for the day was done after making a fool of the stupid falang and promptly disappeared before anyone else could see it.

Identify it!

Yeah it was a fxxxxxg big snake :shock:
Free the Doug 1

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » June 24, 2008, 6:42 am

i think you will get more sightings of snakes in the rainy season, whether its to do with the rice fields being ploughed , upsetting thier habitat ,or they are just trying to find somewhere dry, i not sure. i always get more in my garden this time of year, mostly harmless rat snakes.

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » June 24, 2008, 8:27 am

Came really close to stepping on a snake whilst walking down the first fairway at Victory Park yesterday.

Grass was long and sensed something move next to me. Looked down and shouted, "Whoah sh*t", whilst at the same time jumping 10 foot in the air. It didn't move off, just stayed there with it's head off the ground, staring at me.

Caddies came over said no problem, not poisonous. Yeah right I thought, a snakes a snake and when you've nearly trodden on the thing you don't know initially whether it's poisonous or not.

Pakawala
udonmap.com

Post by Pakawala » June 24, 2008, 9:40 am

...and the ADRENALIN rush which Galee received, allowed him to post the winning score for the day!
8)
Stay atop the grass

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » June 24, 2008, 9:53 am

while returning from udon to village, on bicycle, as pit stop was required at sri thani forest golf, yea, that one. no less than 10 dead snakes on the road in, no exaggeration, at least, quite surprised myself as it really few hundred meters. i don't golf, and i never will. you all must add a lot of points, as if not on the green, i don't think i would venture far looking for them balls.

aznyron
udonmap.com

Post by aznyron » June 24, 2008, 9:56 am

LA you can not lose your balls :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

polehawk
udonmap.com

Post by polehawk » June 24, 2008, 10:55 am

Snakes on golf courses and losing your balls? See any cameltoes in the sand traps? :lol: :lol:

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » June 24, 2008, 4:15 pm

no, but some of the caddies are worth after hours investigation. :D :D :D

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 24, 2008, 4:20 pm

Pakawala wrote:...and the ADRENALIN rush which Galee received, allowed him to post the winning score for the day!
8)
Strewth, Galee ...... Winning score ......... that MUST have been one HELL of an adrenalin rush =D>

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » June 24, 2008, 7:51 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
Pakawala wrote:...and the ADRENALIN rush which Galee received, allowed him to post the winning score for the day!
8)
Strewth, Galee ...... Winning score ......... that MUST have been one HELL of an adrenalin rush =D>
What with the snake on the first hole, the Ostrich on the second, didn't get off to a good start with two bogeys. :(

Settled down to only drop 3 more shots, so a steady round after a dogey start. :lol:

westerby
udonmap.com

Post by westerby » June 29, 2008, 8:34 pm

wazza wrote:Also be careful of the Australian 1 eyed trouser snake.
I wondered when the One Eyed Trouser Snake was gonna rear its ugly head. They're not only indigenous to Australia (that's the smaller, paler variety) but can also be found in Thailand. The brown and shrunken species are kept as pets by Lady Boys (although some resort to decapitating theirs). :|

I believe that varieties exist in the British Isles:

There's a Scottish one that's long, thin and blue.

And an English one that only comes out at Christmas.

In Europe, there a species in France that tastes of garlic (allegedly) and an Italian one that can move backwards. :nosey:

Return to “Relationships”