Planning permission

Information on building a house, buying poperty and land, and all other general contruction topics...
delboyone

Planning permission

Post by delboyone » June 25, 2008, 2:24 pm

Hi
I am thinking of building a house outside of Udon
Do i have to get planning permission?

panick
udonmap.com

Post by panick » June 25, 2008, 3:09 pm

:-k 2 days ago you were worried about losing your assets back in the UK if you married your T/G...I'd be more worried about what you could lose here :shock:

Back to question.....
PM Saint.... he's quite an authority on the subject 8)
A lot of it hinges on how far out the land is and whether it has a Red Chinote title ( basically allowing you any use for the land) or not, you might just get away with permission from the local headman of the area if its out in the jungle, or you might have to go the full hog with blueprints etc.etc. subject to local government approval...If in doubt, take a copy of the Chinote (or original) to the local land office and they will tell you what you can/can not do.
Chok Dee! :D

delboyone

Post by delboyone » June 25, 2008, 4:14 pm

Thanks for the info
The land is about 20k outside udon

My assets in the uk would be worth far more than what i do in udon so worth protecting
The way i see it any money i invest in udon is lost, but you never no i could be wrong

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 25, 2008, 12:50 pm

I started my pile last April thinking that the planning permission bit had been taken care of. I was sitting eating noodles across the street, admiring how my family-built single level house looked so much better than the 2-floor effort by a 'professional' builder on the next plot. A pickup passed, slammed on the brakes and reversed back. The Thai chap got out and stood with hands on hips looking at each construction. I noted the pickup had one of those local government door decals and thought 'here we go.' Anyway, he picks the bigger house and went looking for the foreman. Around this time, I see the foreman and my father-in-law, heads down, skulking off to the old Thai-style house standing at the back of the property. The chap ends up yakking at the laborers and women folk and I just assume the 'passing farang having noodles' stance. Long and short of it, neither place had planning permission! Never mind, following Monday, mum-in-law was sent to the requisite office with deeds, plans and cash and it was all approved. I think in a 'more civilized' society, the council would have demanded the destruction of the properties as they stood and filing of planning permission. Gotta love LOS.

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » July 25, 2008, 2:17 pm

delboyone wrote:Thanks for the info
The land is about 20k outside udon

My assets in the uk would be worth far more than what i do in udon so worth protecting
The way i see it any money i invest in udon is lost, but you never no i could be wrong
:lol: I think you meant spend! :lol: With that frame of mine,I think you will enjoy your time in Thailand :lol: I believe all buildings need approval!

Guns482
udonmap.com

Post by Guns482 » July 28, 2008, 7:46 am

I believe so to, unless you are enlarging an already built property, as I understand it, and I could be wrong, enlarging needs no planning, but a seperate building does, unless it is for animals or just a kitchen, but it dpends on whether your neighbours object.
Guns

Geordie
udonmap.com

Re: Planning permission

Post by Geordie » September 5, 2008, 11:19 pm

I had no bother building without P permission[large single level 2bed 2bath massive live room+outhouse] 20 Ks outside UT .Local Police been in enjoyed me beer waied on the way out been here 3 years now just remember make pals with the village boss man

mighty-chang
udonmap.com

Post by mighty-chang » September 6, 2008, 12:11 am

YES you need to make sure if the house is of the expectations of the wifes family and if the german boyfriend intends to build her a bigger one

panick
udonmap.com

Post by panick » September 6, 2008, 12:38 am

mighty-chang wrote:YES you need to make sure if the house is of the expectations of the wifes family and if the german boyfriend intends to build her a bigger one
More advice from your past.....Obviously you are either a graduate with honours from the WBU or still just Trolling :sleepy:
Now you only leave me only 2 choices ....
1 ... Read the drivel that you write
or
2 ... Do somethingthing more interesting instead

Oh well ... looks like I'm off to sharpen some pencils :wave:
Bring back Saint

westerby
udonmap.com

Post by westerby » September 6, 2008, 2:46 am

Geordie wrote:I had no bother building without P permission[large single level 2bed 2bath massive live room+outhouse] 20 Ks outside UT .Local Police been in enjoyed me beer waied on the way out been here 3 years now just remember make pals with the village boss man
That's interesting , I always thought that any brick built house needed planning permission.

Happy to be corrected.

mighty-chang
udonmap.com

Post by mighty-chang » September 6, 2008, 4:08 am

ok you dont need Planning permission only if you building over 3 story house , however you do need to let the local council know where on you plot of land you intend to build a 2 story house (takes about 1 week to process) with a 1 story you don't need to tell them anything (2004 ban dung)

Othello
udonmap.com

Post by Othello » September 6, 2008, 8:53 pm

Happy to be corrected.[/quote]

Didn't know that you were into BDSM Westers.
:fryingpan: :cry:

fremmel
udonmap.com

Post by fremmel » September 6, 2008, 10:27 pm

Each tambon has their own set of rules. Check with the local amphur office where the house number will be issued. They can tell you whether or not a building permit will be needed. We're just finishing up a 1 story house far enough out that the local or bor dor didn't require plans to be submitted. While I was killing some time in the amphur office waiting for my yellow house book I asked where building permits were needed. They said that the or bor dor for the tambon the amphur was in required permits for the 3 moo baans closest to the amphur but farther out they didn't. So, it all depends on where you build. You need to check first.

If you're not familiar with tambon, amphur, or bor dor, and moo baan just ask your T/G to explain.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » September 8, 2008, 5:33 am

built our first place east of Udon within Tambon Nong Bua in 2003. It needed and got a stamped planning permit. Built the larger retirement villa in 2007 and the TW processed paperwork the same way; chanote, ID, house booklet, simple blueprints, and a diagram of the land deed showing the house location. As I recall the process was pretty quick and only a couple of hundred baht.. Better safe than sorry. Even with both houses, the land tax assessment for 2007 was only a few hundred baht total for 3 rai 97 sq way with 3 houses..
Dave

Return to “House & Land”