5 a-side football (soccer) Udon

General Udon Thani topics only!
UPAL
udonmap.com

5 a-side football (soccer) Udon

Post by UPAL » September 4, 2008, 5:05 pm

Would anyone be interested in playing 5-aside football? I am hoping to arrange facilities to play one night a week. I have discussed the idea with friends and have maybe 5/6 guys who are interested but would be great if we had someone to play with! Its just for fun, a social thing... not to mention a good way of shaving of a couple of inches from the Leo belly! So we'll split the teams equally and just have a kick about. Who knows if there is enough interest maybe we could start a league? Or a farang 11 a-side football team to show some of these Thai teams how the beautiful game should be played (or probably not in our case)

Let me know if you're interested or know someone who would be.

saint
udonmap.com

Re: 5 a-side football (soccer) Udon

Post by saint » September 4, 2008, 5:57 pm

im up for a laugh !!! havnt played for 20 years but hey , its like riding a bike right ? and i could do with some exercise .

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » September 4, 2008, 6:41 pm

If your up for part time international transfers I'll happily play on my twice-yearly trips to Udon.
..Failing that if it's still going in 20 years but my name down for the over 50's retirement side!
:-"

Hope you get some interest.
Cheers,
Dean.

Roy
udonmap.com
Location: Outside LA's hoping to get a glimpse of his naked maid

Post by Roy » September 4, 2008, 7:53 pm

I would be up for that, as Saint says, I could use the exercise.
Free the Doug 1

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » September 4, 2008, 10:24 pm

UPAL wrote:Would anyone be interested in playing 5-aside football? I am hoping to arrange facilities to play one night a week. I have discussed the idea with friends and have maybe 5/6 guys who are interested but would be great if we had someone to play with! Its just for fun, a social thing... not to mention a good way of shaving of a couple of inches from the Leo belly! So we'll split the teams equally and just have a kick about. Who knows if there is enough interest maybe we could start a league? Or a farang 11 a-side football team to show some of these Thai teams how the beautiful game should be played (or probably not in our case)

Let me know if you're interested or know someone who would be.
:lol: I don't think I have met enough expats ''fit'' enough to make up a side in Udon :lol: Of course ,that shouldn't stop boys from being boys \:D/

The ''pace'' should be helarious! :lol: :lol:

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » September 5, 2008, 3:49 am

Didn't this happen once before in Udon...what happened to it.?.can't remember if it was a 1 off.
Can You Dig It Dug.?

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » September 5, 2008, 5:38 am

i'll sit on the sidelines and take bets who will pass out first, or have the 1st coronary. i did this a few years ago, american football. it was quite embarrassing. talk about getting winded fast. but was fun to bounce a couple youngsters on there butt. maybe volleyball in a pool, relaxing, cooing down in that 30 degree heat. :D

UPAL
udonmap.com

Post by UPAL » September 5, 2008, 9:19 am

Looks like this could be a goer from the replies. Looking for a suitable location so when I know more I'll let everyone know.

Gareth

Roy
udonmap.com

Post by Roy » September 5, 2008, 10:08 am

You are quite right BM, there was indeed a falang football team that played a couple of fixtures against local Thai sides, mainly the Police.
The game that I was to make my debut, against the Tourist Police, was canceled at the eleventh hour and the team seemed to disintegrate after that. They never played another fixture, I don't know why.
Could have had something to do, as previously suggested, with the fact it was 11-a-side, played on a dirt pitch in tropical heat conditions. Maybe the local hospitals could not cope with the influx of patients after each fixture and the "invisible hand" stepped in to ban the games :lol: :lol:
Free the Doug 1

mighty-chang
udonmap.com

Post by mighty-chang » September 5, 2008, 8:10 pm

HAHAHAHHA i almost fell off my chair with laughter hahaha dear oh dear hahha momet i'll be back in a moment i need to go to the toilet sorry hahahha

mighty-chang
udonmap.com

Post by mighty-chang » September 5, 2008, 8:22 pm

im not happy i pee down my leg as i ran to the toilet dear oh dear have you ever laughted so hard you fell off a chair hahahhaha can you imagine you would have to have 5 paramedic's doctor's on standby and the match would have to be reduced from 45 min per each end to 3 min hahahha ok tell you what i won't come to play but for a laught i'll come to watch and bring the popcorn hahhaha =D>

Roy
udonmap.com

Post by Roy » September 5, 2008, 10:09 pm

Please come Nelly, I for one would love to see you there.
Free the Doug 1

westerby
udonmap.com

Post by westerby » September 5, 2008, 10:19 pm

Roy wrote:Please come Nelly, I for one would love to see you there.
People in Chiang Mai pay good money to see Changs play footy at the Elephant Kraals. Why not charge the locals to see him play and divvy up the profits between you after the game? :-k

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » September 5, 2008, 10:22 pm

I'd be into it. I'm badly out of shape so need the exercise. If all the rest that show up are considerably lighter and fitter than me I might just do the water on the sideline.

Haven't played in about 12 years... A "friendly" against the prison officers... Kicked lumps out of us.

I might do a Tony Adams and stand at the back and when the ball is launched forward I'll take a step forward and put my hand up.

P.S. I'm a crap player.

westerby
udonmap.com

Post by westerby » September 5, 2008, 10:25 pm

I would like to play but I'm not available until November.

Can someone pencil me in?

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » September 6, 2008, 3:21 am

Like Westerby, not available until November. Last played about 30 years ago, but don't need a walking stick yet.

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » September 6, 2008, 3:28 am

There must be something for the Elephant man to get involved with,maybe the Mighty Chang would like to help cut up(under supervision of course) and hand out the Orange's at half time....or be second in command of the Bucket of icy water and sponge.
Can You Dig It Dug.?

westerby
udonmap.com

Post by westerby » September 6, 2008, 4:05 am

beer monkey wrote:There must be something for the Elephant man to get involved with,maybe the Mighty Chang would like to help cut up(under supervision of course) and hand out the Orange's at half time....or be second in command of the Bucket of icy water and sponge.

I don't know, BM. We'd have to work hard on his team skills....

Hang on, he could be the shower?

He'd have to watch what he was doing with that trunk, though...

UPAL
udonmap.com

Post by UPAL » September 6, 2008, 11:55 am

Hi guys, (and girls if any of you ladies fancy a kickabout)

So I can organise this a bit more and I know what kind of numbers I am dealing with, anyone who is interested Pm me with a contact number and i can do a ring round when the time comes. For the guys not available until November thats cool too, hopefully this can be a regular thing.

Gareth

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » September 6, 2008, 3:32 pm

Can we do a guys Vs. girls game and swap shirts at the end... =P~ =P~ =P~

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”