Public swimming pool ?

General Udon Thani topics only!
mighty-chang
udonmap.com

Public swimming pool ?

Post by mighty-chang » August 26, 2008, 9:12 am

Hello fellow chatter's how are we all today? May i ask is there a public swimming pool in near or inside udon. I know some of the resorts have them what one is the best to take a family? a. for safty b. value for money ?
I remember years ago there use to be a swimming pool at the top of the shopping complex ,does anyone know why it was closed years ago?

kakariki
udonmap.com

Post by kakariki » August 26, 2008, 9:16 am

I think you can use the one at BB resort for a small fee, and very good for families.

Guns482
udonmap.com

Post by Guns482 » August 26, 2008, 9:59 am

Ok swimming pools, none public however, napali hotel, ban Chiang have opne each for a small fee, both available to non residents, I personally use the napali hotel, poolsoide food is acceptable and the pool is big enpough for my swimming needs has also a small pool for those kids.
ban Chiang is a bit smaller.
other hotels do have pools but to be honest no idea of size or facilities
Hope this helps.
Guns

aznyron
udonmap.com

Post by aznyron » August 26, 2008, 10:06 am

it not about size or fee it about cleanliness I personally would not swim in any pool.

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » August 26, 2008, 10:07 am

The Napali hotel is where I take my family. It has a fairly large kiddie pool, the main pool is large enough for lap swimming. Last time there I believe it was 60/40bt, and they have pool side food/drink service. Two shower/changing rooms and a sun deck with plenty of tables & chairs. Best to go early and avoid going after 1600 (pool is rented out for swimming lessons).

There's the Ban Chiang hotel, but never been there.

Charoen & Charoensri hotels have swimming pools, but more expensive and they don't have kiddie pools.

Than you have the various guest houses with smaller pools which I think are suitable for cooling off.

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » August 26, 2008, 10:07 am

napalai and ban chiang have good size pools, and that school/phy ed college, not sure what it's called has real pool. if just for a dip, have gone to the chareon for lunch at poolside, and taken a dip for hour or so, they don't seem to mind. nakhaburi resort, 15 kms on nk rd has nice pool. all, have their problems with maitaining water quality. so be prepared to go and possible go to an alternative if water not up to par. i've seen crystal clear to green at a couple, or just murky at others. good luck.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » August 26, 2008, 10:12 am

Chang are you looking to just swim, or for a day out?

If the former, there is a brand new 25m public pool in your town. PM me if you want the details.

If the latter, I understand you can use the pool at the new resort at

http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/v ... pool#83710

If you are going into Udon via the Phen Rd, it is on the right hand side of the Udon - NK road, a few kms south of the Na Kha turn off.

jingjai
udonmap.com

Post by jingjai » August 26, 2008, 12:27 pm

Ban Chiang Hotel is 20 baht for kids, I think 40 baht for adults. It has lounge chairs and tables w/umbrellas. One can order food & beverage from the hotel or walk across the street to the market for food. It also has a very shallow/wading area for the young children and they can use the hotel's flotation devices.

The fitness college is mainly a lap pool.

mighty-chang
udonmap.com

Post by mighty-chang » August 26, 2008, 12:36 pm

thank you very much jack i ask the mrs as she has a better understanding of the area . it will be somewhere nice to take the little ankle bitters this weekend CHEERS !!!!

CHOK DEE !!! the mighty chang!!

Pakawala
udonmap.com

Post by Pakawala » August 26, 2008, 5:19 pm

Sounds like none of you 'swimmers' has tried or know about the rather large pool - open to the public - located at the Sports Complex on ring-road near the Kut-chap road light. My wife says it's only 20 baht and we've taken her son there several times. It's large, clean and I've never seen it crowded.
8)
Stay atop the grass

jingjai
udonmap.com

Post by jingjai » August 26, 2008, 8:05 pm

Pakawala wrote:Sounds like none of you 'swimmers' has tried or know about the rather large pool - open to the public - located at the Sports Complex on ring-road near the Kut-chap road light. My wife says it's only 20 baht and we've taken her son there several times. It's large, clean and I've never seen it crowded.
8)
Well, I mentioned it:
The fitness college is mainly a lap pool.
It's really designed/meant for lap swimming and/or swimming lessons or competition swimming.
There are no chairs or tables for lounging/languishing around the pool. No food/beverage available or allowed.
The people I see using it, swim their laps and go. But then again, I only see it used in the morning when I am at the fitness center.
So, if one is a serious swimmer, wanting to get exercise by doing laps, I would recommend it.
If one wants to frolic in the pool with their children and wife, have something to eat & drink, I still recommend the Ban Chiang Hotel. :D

thalenoi
udonmap.com

Re: Public swimming pool ?

Post by thalenoi » August 29, 2008, 8:39 am

Ban Chiang is 60 baht, was there yesterday at lunch time.
Around 2pm a bunch of cops hit the place and looked around.
Hotel staff became effervescent, not long after a lady came to warn us we had to leave the place.
I was told the daughter's son of a princess was to visit the swimming pool at 4pm and they had one hour to clean the premises :oops:

I asked for a rebate on my next visit, don't think I got one though :confused:

aznyron
udonmap.com

Post by aznyron » August 29, 2008, 8:53 am

why not get your refund from the BIB they make quite a bit on the helmet law which thais seem to not understand

Guns482
udonmap.com

Post by Guns482 » August 29, 2008, 1:35 pm

It would seem that everybody gets inconvienenced when a any member of the royal family wishes to do something, which i cannot understand as all Thai's like their royals, why the problem just because a boy wants to go swimming.
maybe it is just the Poice afraid of cocking up so if no-one is there, the problem is solved, such a sad life the boy must lead then swimming alone no fun.
Oh well I suppose they are only doing their duty as they see it. Anyone ask the boy umm.

Geoffrey
udonmap.com

Post by Geoffrey » September 9, 2008, 5:10 am

The pool at the Chareon hotel is not open to non-guests.

Ratchanutit School has a large pool at the least cost. It has no kiddie pool. You can sit in the bleachers.

Don Bosco School has a very nice pool with a kiddy pool and places to sit. Some snacks are available.
Holy Harp

Geordie
udonmap.com

Post by Geordie » September 10, 2008, 1:04 am

Na Kha Buri Resort about 15k toward NK on the left [Jack mentioned this in his post] has a lovely big pool & small kids pool in a very nice setting ,good food served at poolside @ reasonable prices,waiter service for drinks [big bottle Leo 70 baht]-loungers-umbrellas-chairs no problem.A great place to take the kids &an easy place to watch out for them.Prices= 60 baht adults,40 baht kids,try it I dont think you'l be dissapointed.

westerby
udonmap.com

Post by westerby » September 10, 2008, 4:44 am

I was going to try Glyn's at the Retreat, I believe he has a pool.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » September 10, 2008, 10:32 am

He has westerby, not too big though. If you are going that way then the BB Resort certainly has a bigger pool - although Glyns place probably has a better atmosphere (BB tends to be VERY quiet) & serves better food... :D :D

polehawk
udonmap.com

Post by polehawk » September 10, 2008, 11:15 am

BobHelm wrote:He has westerby, not too big though. If you are going that way then the BB Resort certainly has a bigger pool - although Glyns place probably has a better atmosphere (BB tends to be VERY quiet) & serves better food... :D :D
Rented a house at BB a while back and absolutely agree that the pool is nice and family friendly. Both BB and Retreat have good exercise facilities, also.

westerby
udonmap.com

Post by westerby » September 10, 2008, 5:27 pm

BobHelm wrote:He has westerby, not too big though. If you are going that way then the BB Resort certainly has a bigger pool - although Glyns place probably has a better atmosphere (BB tends to be VERY quiet) & serves better food... :D :D
OK, Bob, thanks for the heads up.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”