udonmap.com

Re: Udonmap people

Post by red67 » December 3, 2009, 3:08 pm

God are you still here,stop stalking me, :-" :-"

Kudjap or Bust
udonmap.com

Post by Kudjap or Bust » December 3, 2009, 3:58 pm

WOW, is this what the UM forum has come too, new names, some old names and a definite drop in thread and posting standards, thank the Lord above for UT.....

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » December 3, 2009, 4:03 pm

Kudjap or Bust wrote:WOW, is this what the UM forum has come too, new names, some old names and a definite drop in thread and posting standards, thank the Lord above for UT.....
So can we assume your off then? \:D/ :wave:
Of course there is always the possibility that some of the new names that appear to be stirring the pot may be old names that simply can't keep away . Now there's a thought :-k :lol:

Kudjap or Bust
udonmap.com

Post by Kudjap or Bust » December 3, 2009, 4:10 pm

Assume whatever you will.
Who is the 'we' in your post? Do you feel in such a high and mighty place you can use the royal 'we'' or have you become the spokeperson for all other UM members? What a kn*b
BTW - Is your location statement supposed to be a comedic use of the title of a Thomas Hardy novel? if so maybe you should find out the books title first.

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » December 3, 2009, 4:12 pm

Kudjap or Bust wrote:Assume whatever you will.
Who is the 'we' in your post? Do you feel in such a high and mighty place you can use the royal 'we'' or have you become the spokeperson for all other UM members? What a kn*b
BTW - Is your location statement supposed to be a comedic use of the title of a Thomas Hardy novel? if so maybe you should find out the books title first.
Yes you will fit in nicely over there . :wave:

Kudjap or Bust
udonmap.com

Post by Kudjap or Bust » December 3, 2009, 4:17 pm

I'm sorry didn't see any answers to my questions........... no, don't do it now, wait until you've had a few, you'll find the words will manifest themselves easier......

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » December 3, 2009, 4:31 pm

thanuhak wrote:I agree with the oldterrier, although I gather there is another place for them now, and UM seems to be having something of a rebirth, with new and old infrequent posters emerging, now that they have half a chance to get a post in edgewise.

All for the best. Long overdue perhaps. Looking forward to new posts, new voices, fresh talent, sincere & friendly exchanges! Great to have a forum like this! Keep up the good work Mods & Admin!!!
'Them'...you make them all like someone you wouldn't want living next door...Wow....some of the people coming out of the woodwork now make it sound like all the posters on the other forum that posted on here regular just hogged the board, ran away with threads, and took the pi$$ and generally did nothing that gave an advantage to others......well any readers or new posters could jump in at any time there was nothing in the rules to say you could'nt, just type it out and submit easy..!!...Don't be shy,and have some back bone will ya.....everyone has to start somewhere, post when you want ,you really don't have to wait your turn as you suggest in getting a post in edgewise,its simple surely you are all big enough to do that, why worry about a few that post regular, be it off topic or just having a laugh....you got sense of humours built in from birth, this forum has all the info you need, plenty of it provided by the posters some of you dislike, if it wasn't for some of them all the other lurkers wouldn't have got any of it.
I really don't know why some get their knickers in a twist.... :?

C'mon post away....it makes a forum, don't hide yourself....this forum was always friendly imo....yes it had its fights, but its life mate.

Thanks..... :mrgreen:
Trubrit wrote:Of course there is always the possibility that some of the new names that appear to be stirring the pot may be old names that simply can't keep away . Now there's a thought
And there speaks the master of various 'new' names..... :lol:

Ter
udonmap.com

Post by Ter » December 3, 2009, 4:36 pm

Well said Sean wish I had that clarity of mind, instead of claret on my mind =D>

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » December 3, 2009, 4:42 pm

Yeah i don't know where its all coming from,i did receive a knock on the head a few weeks back..:confused:

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » December 3, 2009, 4:53 pm

Forumnesia,

Its quite a common thing , a little lightweight tap and all sort of problems occur.

U see many with dual personalities, talking to themselves,

Darwin will sort them out.

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » December 3, 2009, 5:22 pm

wazza wrote:
Darwin will sort them out.
Is he a new Moderator..?

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » December 3, 2009, 5:51 pm

God it makes me sick some times. Stef "Probably MC" accuses the very people who made the Forum work of stopping new posters from having there say. HELLO, if it wasn't for the first generation, there wouldn't be a platform for you whingers :evil: So now Stef you mountain of information who feels that others actually hide behind there blinds because the big bad posters have there say, what do you have to contribute ..."Nothing" A note to new Posters... please don't be afraid like our little Stef, because your post's are welcome and we value your input, just remember that the very people Stef wants to put down are the same one's that made this Forum available to you =D> Sorry Stef, not quite 3,000 yet but still been around longer than you :D

nongkhai

Post by nongkhai » December 3, 2009, 6:14 pm

Would the forum (& discourse therein) be different, I wonder, without those captions under our (nick)names? If so, how?

Curious as to why they're there in the first place; i.e., why phpBB thought it a good idea to set it up this way? Some kind of in-built hierarchical tendency or predisposition or what? (Who was here first? Who has the most posts/toys, etc.? Or maybe the geek developer simply knew he could implement this feature quite easily, flesh out the BB GUI a bit?)

Why not just names, optional location, about me (if you like), tagline (if you want), etc. Fill in your profile or not as you like.

So that one's post would more or less stand (more) on its own, on the strength of its content & relevance?

Just asking... Probably a geeky question itself! (Be gentle.)

polehawk
udonmap.com

Post by polehawk » December 3, 2009, 7:13 pm

Stef wrote:Beermonkey I'm amazed that you've got so many posts, you've actually thrown a curve ball at my theory, cos I know you have a life, and I also know your a busy man, I only see you post now-and-then, and your content is never waffle or senseless, although I think you like winding people up. So how did you end up with so many posts?
:lol: You made a little bit of sense until you posted this one, "Stef". BM only posting now-and-then? :-k Even he would admit that a lot of those 14,000+ gems were braying, banterisms to get a laugh. Never saw him as one who enjoyed winding people up though. Don't know why you're buttering him up. It's open membership in that new forum and I'm sure they'll let you play. ;)

"Stef" admits to being a wind up artist and a troll so wonder where his thread will be going? He made similar incendiary posts under the Bangsaen Girl and Chern Chim threads and they were deleted by the Mod Squad. Things must be getting a bit boring again out at the retreat, "Stef"?

BangkokButcher
udonmap.com

Post by BangkokButcher » December 3, 2009, 7:38 pm

I think this has been done to death now, so I'll lock the thread as I really don't see it going anywhere.

PM me if you feel differently!

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”