Where to buy English DVD's In Udon

Have a question or comment about Shopping in Udon Thani? Post it here!
kbvegas
udonmap.com

Where to buy English DVD's In Udon

Post by kbvegas » March 16, 2010, 1:04 am

Does anyone know where to purchase DVD movies in Udon in English fairly up to date movies??

Thanks

kbvegas
udonmap.com

Where to buy English DVD's In Udon???

Post by kbvegas » March 16, 2010, 1:11 am

Does anyone know where to purchase DVD movies in Udon in English fairly up to date movies??

Thanks

jorg
udonmap.com

Re: Where to buy English DVD's In Udon???

Post by jorg » March 16, 2010, 8:00 am

On the Nightmarket near the trainstation. English/American movies usually look Thai, but they have English (and Thai) soundtrack.

Kudjap or Bust
udonmap.com

Re: Where to buy English DVD's In Udon

Post by Kudjap or Bust » March 16, 2010, 8:15 am

Why bother buying DVD movies when you can download pretty much any movie you want even the most up to date movies, we just downloaded the Hurt Locker, Avatar and a couple of other movies in the cinema now. You can watch them on your PC, hook up the PC to your TV or burn to DVD yourself.

Kudjap or Bust
udonmap.com

Post by Kudjap or Bust » March 16, 2010, 8:16 am

Why bother buying DVD movies when you can download pretty much any movie you want even the most up to date movies, we just downloaded the Hurt Locker, Avatar and a couple of other movies in the cinema now. You can watch them on your PC, hook up the PC to your TV or burn to DVD yourself.

martynsnowman
udonmap.com

Post by martynsnowman » March 16, 2010, 8:27 am

Kudjap or Bust wrote:Why bother buying DVD movies when you can download pretty much any movie you want even the most up to date movies, we just downloaded the Hurt Locker, Avatar and a couple of other movies in the cinema now. You can watch them on your PC, hook up the PC to your TV or burn to DVD yourself.
not every1,s download speed is fast enough to get films off the net , i know mine is,nt .
there,s a dvd stall far side of the night market near the in door part .
i got Avatar and Hurt locker at the weekend prefect copys and only 50bt each ...
if you do have prob with a film lady will swop or refund with no trouble .

UdonExpat
udonmap.com

Post by UdonExpat » March 16, 2010, 9:20 am

Almost any shop selling DVD's will have some in English. Check the back of the DVD liner. It will tell you what languages are available on the DVD. Many will be viewable in either Thai or English and sometimes other languages.

Kudjap or Bust
udonmap.com

Post by Kudjap or Bust » March 16, 2010, 7:06 pm

martynsnowman wrote:
Kudjap or Bust wrote:Why bother buying DVD movies when you can download pretty much any movie you want even the most up to date movies, we just downloaded the Hurt Locker, Avatar and a couple of other movies in the cinema now. You can watch them on your PC, hook up the PC to your TV or burn to DVD yourself.
not every1,s download speed is fast enough to get films off the net , i know mine is,nt .
i got Avatar and Hurt locker at the weekend prefect copys and only 50bt each ...
Was only a suggestion, no need to get bitchy....... plus any speed is good enough for download, even dial up, may cost a bit more and take a lot longer but works OK, did it myself for years B4 ADSL came out to the booners or there were enough falangs in Udon for the market hawkers to have English language DVD copies.....

martynsnowman
udonmap.com

Post by martynsnowman » March 17, 2010, 7:56 am

Kudjap or Bust wrote:
martynsnowman wrote:
Was only a suggestion, no need to get bitchy....... plus any speed is good enough for download, even dial up, may cost a bit more and take a lot longer but works OK, did it myself for years B4 ADSL came out to the booners or there were enough falangs in Udon for the market hawkers to have English language DVD copies.....
hey !!! calm down tiger .. [-X . i was,nt being as you say being bitchy . i use my internet through my mobile phone so its pritty slow , to down load movies my power would be gone before i,m half way through the download .
that was all i was saying ..... get a grip ...

kbvegas
udonmap.com

Post by kbvegas » March 17, 2010, 11:42 pm

Thanks all I'll head to the Night Market and see what I can find

Regards

K.B.

firsttimebangkok
udonmap.com

Post by firsttimebangkok » March 18, 2010, 11:40 am

Hi,

If you happen to be in Loas, say for a visa run.
DVDs 20 baht each or 6 for 100 baht good quality at the market on Loas border.

rods1201
udonmap.com

Post by rods1201 » April 29, 2010, 2:44 pm

night markets are the best bet if dont want to download them yourself.

tutone
udonmap.com

Post by tutone » May 1, 2010, 8:28 am

UdonExpat wrote:Almost any shop selling DVD's will have some in English. Check the back of the DVD liner. It will tell you what languages are available on the DVD. Many will be viewable in either Thai or English and sometimes other languages.
Make sure you can return the movie for exchange if it isn't really in English. Just bought one at night market claiming to have Audio in English, Spanish, French, but what it really was, was Russian and Thai.

UdonExpat
udonmap.com

Post by UdonExpat » May 1, 2010, 4:27 pm

That was probably a pirate copy. No telling what you'll get with them, but they're a lot cheaper because they'll cheat the copywriter and the customer who buys. No discrimination with them.

Techland
udonmap.com

Post by Techland » May 2, 2010, 10:02 am

Are you joking? There are no originals sold at the night market, everything on DVD or VCD over there is a pirate copy. Originals cost around 300 baht, have a special hologram sticker on the back and are usually sold at the super markets.

wayneor0
udonmap.com

Post by wayneor0 » June 30, 2010, 7:30 am

mate ive got about 80 swap trade wotever cheers range from great to real bad

Return to “Udon Thani Shopping”