Looking for a good dentist in Udon

General Udon Thani topics only!
udonfox
udonmap.com

Looking for a good dentist in Udon

Post by udonfox » July 4, 2011, 8:27 am

Can anyone recommend a good dentist in Udon i.e. not a butcher and does not overcharge farangs. Need a couple of teeth pulling. Can anyone help? Cheers.

rct
udonmap.com

Dentists

Post by rct » July 4, 2011, 8:38 am

Have been many times to Dr. P (Pattana or something) and also her partner another lady, at hospital opposite City Lodge though only for cleaning, includng for kids. Have yet to require more involved procedures for which one may prefer an older more experience dentail surgeon though not sure.

Though the consensus even among friends is Dr. P has "hands of an angel" meaning very gentle and thorough, plus she gave me solid advise than others never gave. At only 500-600 baht per cleaning, I go every 4-5 months.

Call their international office to book, tel 042-343-111.

udonfox
udonmap.com

Dentists

Post by udonfox » July 4, 2011, 8:42 am

Thanks rct.Much appreciated.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Dentists

Post by semperfiguy » July 4, 2011, 10:40 am

HIghly recommend Wattra Dental Clinic across the street from 7/11 in front of the bus station. Look for the purple sign hanging high above the front door. Clean, good air/con, English speaking and prices are posted in the room where service is performed. Price is the same for Thai/farang. I have taken my Thai wife there twice and work was good, wife was pleased and prices are right. Call ahead for appointment 0888739949. Docs usually come to the clinic after 5 weedays and all day on Sat and Sun since they also work at local hospitals.

udonfox
udonmap.com

Dentists

Post by udonfox » July 5, 2011, 7:34 am

Thanks semper,I will check that place out.Cheers!!!

Stevo
udonmap.com

Dentists

Post by Stevo » July 5, 2011, 10:04 am

I agree with semperfiguy... Wattra is the best in town IMHO.
Very caring & professional service & no dual pricing!

udonfox
udonmap.com

Dentists

Post by udonfox » July 6, 2011, 12:10 pm

Thanks Stevo.Wattra looks favourite.Will try and get it sorted this weekend!Cheers guys!

douglas
udonmap.com

Dentists

Post by douglas » July 6, 2011, 4:21 pm

Hi,
Always gone to what used to be called Paolo Memorial Hospital for the last five years. By the railway station. Very good service and no waiting. Turned up one morning with toothache, she said, all the dentists out here seem to be female, tooth looks O.K. we will take a x-ray. Turned out i had a abscess on the root. Give me some tablets and told me to come back in a week. Did this. Got the tooth extracted, my choice, after another x-ray. Very good service and cost me under 1,000B. VFM. Hate to think what it would cost me under the Health Service back home, a arm and a leg i would think. And a waiting list of six months.

udonfox
udonmap.com

Dentists

Post by udonfox » July 7, 2011, 12:28 pm

Thanks Douglas.This is the same dentist as recommended by rct.So,at least I have choices now.Just before I moved out here 5years ago,an inspection and one extraction cost me 70 quid.How much would it cost in the U.K.now for 2 extractions and at least 1 filling.Need to take out loan!!!

robbo

Dentists

Post by robbo » July 13, 2011, 11:00 am

Just in case anyone in Nongbualamphu reading this topic, there's a good new dentist opened opposite Starmart at the end of the lake. Vietnamese lady that speaks English. Same price list for farang and Thai complete with prices and pictures!

udonfox
udonmap.com

Dentists

Post by udonfox » July 20, 2011, 12:49 pm

Thanks Robbo.I have now had my teeth problem sorted.However seeing that you live in Nbl.from Monday to Thursday I am in Si bun rueang,and struggling to find any decent food.Could you recommend somewhere to eat in Nbl.Either Western or good Thai food,with an English menu.Cheers!!!

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Dentists

Post by jackspratt » August 15, 2011, 4:56 pm

Broke a tooth/filling eating lunch yesterday (Sunday).

Finished lunch (carefully), went to the local (Ban Dung) private dental clinic.

Walked out at 3.30pm with a new filling, and ฿900 (A$30) lighter in the pocket. =D>

In Oz, would have waited up to a week for an appointment, and cost would have been around $200. :shock:

Peterplay
udonmap.com

Dentists

Post by Peterplay » August 15, 2011, 5:42 pm

JackS, of course I don't know what exactly you had done, but to me it seems very expensive, relatively spoken, for a local dentist.
I have a very good dentist that does eg implants as well and he wouldn't dream of charging that amount, maybe 700 baht.
Of course to me and you both are peanuts, but as I said, for a local doctor it surprises me.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Dentists

Post by jackspratt » August 15, 2011, 6:09 pm

It was a large filling Peter - probably 2/3 of the original tooth size (a grinding molar), and she also had to drill out what was left of the old filling.

Seemed to use the latest materials - the ones involving the "magic light" to harden the filling immediately.

I had a crown, with no root canal, done there about 4 years ago, and from memory it was about 4000 baht.

If I can get good work at these prices, I have absolutely no complaints. :D

nkstan
udonmap.com

Dentists

Post by nkstan » August 15, 2011, 6:19 pm

Peterplay wrote:JackS, of course I don't know what exactly you had done, but to me it seems very expensive, relatively spoken, for a local dentist.
I have a very good dentist that does eg implants as well and he wouldn't dream of charging that amount, maybe 700 baht.
Of course to me and you both are peanuts, but as I said, for a local doctor it surprises me.
And your dentist is......?????

Peterplay
udonmap.com

Dentists

Post by Peterplay » August 15, 2011, 6:37 pm

JS, The crown then is a really very good price, I'll tell my dentist about that ! =D>

NKSt : it's a dentist in Pattaya, so not really for people who want a quick fix. I have been a client for the last 11 years and I find him the best dentist I ever had including the ones in Holland.

But go there for just a filling is a bit rich, even though I sometimes use him as an excuse to go to Pattaya... :-"

bigsnake
udonmap.com

Dentists

Post by bigsnake » August 15, 2011, 10:14 pm

Panyavejinter Hospital, English Speaker CUTE, even SANG to you with little or no PAIN!!

udonfox
udonmap.com

Dentists

Post by udonfox » August 16, 2011, 8:34 am

I eventully went to a dentist recommended by a friend of my wife,off Phosri Road.Went on a Sunday afternoon,in and out in ten mins. Did not feel a thing when having my tooth pulled .Cost only 300 bht.Job done.

SpringHillFarmBoy
Location: Spring Hill Victoria AU, Banchan Bandung Udon Thani TH

Dentists

Post by SpringHillFarmBoy » May 30, 2012, 5:09 pm

jackspratt wrote:Broke a tooth/filling eating lunch yesterday (Sunday).

Finished lunch (carefully), went to the local (Ban Dung) private dental clinic.

Walked out at 3.30pm with a new filling, and ฿900 (A$30) lighter in the pocket. =D>

In Oz, would have waited up to a week for an appointment, and cost would have been around $200. :shock:

Hi I am looking for a dentist that will do crowns, in the Ban Chan, Ban Dung area.
What is the address of the one in Ban Dung?

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”