auto racing in Thailand

General sports news and discussions.
david23

auto racing in Thailand

Post by david23 » October 27, 2011, 11:16 pm

Do they have NASCAR type racing in Thailand?

FORMULA 1 RACING? IN THAILAND

INDY CAR RACING? IN THAILAND

THANKS FOR THE INFO.

BangkokButcher
udonmap.com

auto racing in Thailand

Post by BangkokButcher » October 28, 2011, 8:33 am

All that I know of are the events they run in Bang Saen (near Pattaya), they call it the speed festival - loads of modded street cars and a few hot rod style things.

I could not find any websites directly related to the event, but there is a bit of info here:
http://www.24-7pressrelease.com/press-r ... 241348.php

I am sure there are other events around the country, but this seems to be the largest that I'm aware of.

Nothing quite on the scale of Nascar, F1 or Indy though.

cali4995
udonmap.com

auto racing in Thailand

Post by cali4995 » October 28, 2011, 8:37 am

there is the bira racing circuit on the outskirts of pattaya. i think the closest thing to an international
course here. check link below for info :-k

http://www.bira.co.th/

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

auto racing in Thailand

Post by JimboPSM » October 28, 2011, 3:59 pm

It is located close to the Siam Country Club Plantation Course Golf Course; driving sensibly it is about a half hours drive from central Pattaya.

Its position in relation to Pattaya can be seen on the map shown in this location page for the Plantation Course.
Access times stated on the page should be treated with some degree of scepticism; anyone familiar with Thai direction maps will probably already have some scepticism about their use of scaling :lol:
Ashamed to be English since 23rd June 2016 when England voted for racism & economic suicide.

Disgusted that the UK is “governed” by a squalid bunch of economically illiterate, self-serving, sleazy and corrupt neo-fascists.

Return to “World Sports”