Murder most foul in Soi Samphan.

Udon Thani news, views and comments
mistymiles
udonmap.com

Post by mistymiles » May 9, 2012, 5:01 pm

jimboLV wrote:
rjj04 wrote:Apparently - according to TGF - on a Thai chat site, they are saying "sohm nam naa". Not my thoughts, just reporting secondhand from the Thai rumor mill. They "seem to" have a lot more details about the story. Now, if Thai people put as much effort into other things as they do for gossip. :roll:
Correct rjj. I told my wife about it and she dialed into the jungle gossip network and got the details. No need for newspapers, TV or internet. Talked to her friend who knew the girl. Apparently she had a reputation, "many boyfriends", both on the internet and in R/L. Apparently the bank now owns the house in Ban Saan Saran. And yes, most of the Thai locals have a Sohm Naam Naa attitude. Still, that doesn't justify her horrible death. Hope they catch the bastard. Shame about the 16 yr old, hope she doesn't go down the same path.
They caught the creap in Khon Kean. Stupid, thought he could shave his head and run from police. Let him live in jail like a rat. sohm nam naa.

charlie1
udonmap.com

Post by charlie1 » May 9, 2012, 5:20 pm

you play the game long enough it might catch up to you and you might get burnt. think about all those farangs that commit suicide by stabbing themselves 10 times, beating themselves with a baseball bat or jumping off a building. shoe just happens to be on the other foot this time

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Post by merchant seaman » May 9, 2012, 5:28 pm

charlie1 wrote:you play the game long enough it might catch up to you and you might get burnt. think about all those farangs that commit suicide by stabbing themselves 10 times, beating themselves with a baseball bat or jumping off a building. shoe just happens to be on the other foot this time
And for all the other girls who knew this one or know of her, it will be busines as usually tonight in Day and Night and Nutty Park.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 9, 2012, 5:40 pm

charlie1 wrote:you play the game long enough it might catch up to you and you might get burnt. think about all those farangs that commit suicide by stabbing themselves 10 times, beating themselves with a baseball bat or jumping off a building. shoe just happens to be on the other foot this time
So it's OK to stab someone nearly 20 times then?

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Post by merchant seaman » May 9, 2012, 6:05 pm

Of course it's not ok to stab someone nearly 20 times. Of course there is no comparason but it is also not right to con someone out of their money. Both are or were not good people. Neither deserve any compassion.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 9, 2012, 6:44 pm

Compassion or not, someone was murdered, and looking at charlie's post, he seems to be suggesting it was justified - on the basis of evening up the score. :shock:

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » May 9, 2012, 6:46 pm

rjj04 wrote:Apparently - according to TGF - on a Thai chat site, they are saying "sohm nam naa". Not my thoughts, just reporting secondhand from the Thai rumor mill. They "seem to" have a lot more details about the story. Now, if Thai people put as much effort into other things as they do for gossip. :roll:

You could apply that statement to the ex-pats on this and the other forums in Thailand. In fact, it probably applies to societies worldwide.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

harmonyudon
udonmap.com

Post by harmonyudon » May 9, 2012, 6:49 pm

merchant seaman wrote:.....to con someone out of their money.....
MS,perhaps in your own country your wife take all your money after you receive your pay-check,
espcially if she's not working.

In case of a devorce she 'CON' you more if you've to pay alimentation and you've split your assets. :lol:

You and some others seems to see farang-thai-relationships like a cattle trade. [-X

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » May 9, 2012, 7:04 pm

Maybe I missed something in the translation, but I haven't read anything about anyone being conned out of money. Matter of fact, the girl's crime, as best as I can tell from what's been reported in the news, is that she was yakking with a French guy on facebook.
Hardly worthy of a ?crime of passion?, if there ever is justification.

harmonyudon
udonmap.com

Post by harmonyudon » May 9, 2012, 7:14 pm

parrot wrote:Maybe I missed something in the translation, but I haven't read anything about anyone being conned out of money.

Me neither, MS and some others perhaps see supporting a Thai-gfr as scam/con...etc.....

charlie1
udonmap.com

Post by charlie1 » May 9, 2012, 7:16 pm

i didn't kill anybody and i didn't say it was ok. thais kill each other and farangs everyday with cars, trucks, guns whatever .....so a farang kills a thai and the whole world stops? if you people fell bad go to the temple and leave some money. the next time you see some thais going at it you just jump right in there and see what happens. in VN when some got it.........better him than me

panick
udonmap.com

Post by panick » May 9, 2012, 7:51 pm

Arrested last night in Khon Kaen. Now in jail in Udon and gets a lawyer tomorrow.
Here's a few pics from KK taken by the Udon Tourist Police ... 3 of our finest went to collect him.
Udon 1.jpg
Udon 2.jpg
udon 3.jpg
Udon 4.jpg
Udon 5.jpg
Bring back Saint

vein500

Post by vein500 » May 9, 2012, 7:58 pm

Unfortunately, things like this happen every day and everywhere...it's about a man and a woman and crime of passion. It's typical to find fault when things gone badly wrong but at the gist of it, it is what it is...lovers kill one another due to jealousy and/or rage...

The real question is, was the murder premeditated? I am sure at one point in our life, we thought about hurting others but we have enough senses not to act on every impulse.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 9, 2012, 7:58 pm

Thanks for the pics, panick.

As far as Saint is concerned, leave him where he is - please. [-o<

harmonyudon
udonmap.com

Post by harmonyudon » May 9, 2012, 8:28 pm

jackspratt wrote:As far as Saint is concerned, leave him where he is - please. [-o<
Who is a saint here??

yooperfella

Post by yooperfella » May 9, 2012, 8:43 pm

I moved to Udon in 2003 after I retired at age 55. It was a delightful city at that time. The locals loved the farangs and there was respect to the farangs living there, at that time. I moved away in 2007..... back to the USA. Udon made an about face when the hordes of slime-balls moved in from the likes of Pattaya and Phuket. Udon stopped being a quaint little Isaan city. Farangs are no longer respected in Udon after the locals see them beating their women, drunk on their asses, pissing in the road and in hallways of apartment buildings, and other disgusting behavior.

I know there are still some good and well behaved farangs living there. But now you are ALL painted with the same brush as this ---- bag who killed the bar girl. I feel bad for you "good guys" and for the Thai's who have to put up with the asshole "invaders".

Ricohoc
udonmap.com

Post by Ricohoc » May 9, 2012, 10:17 pm

yooperfella wrote:I moved to Udon in 2003 after I retired at age 55. It was a delightful city at that time. The locals loved the farangs and there was respect to the farangs living there, at that time. I moved away in 2007..... back to the USA. Udon made an about face when the hordes of slime-balls moved in from the likes of Pattaya and Phuket. Udon stopped being a quaint little Isaan city. Farangs are no longer respected in Udon after the locals see them beating their women, drunk on their asses, pissing in the road and in hallways of apartment buildings, and other disgusting behavior.

I know there are still some good and well behaved farangs living there. But now you are ALL painted with the same brush as this **** bag who killed the bar girl. I feel bad for you "good guys" and for the Thai's who have to put up with the asshole "invaders".
I disagree.

Those who perpetrate these types of crimes are usually not residents of Udon and are in the vast MINORITY.

As far as respect is concerned, that is earned, and those who gave earned it still have it. This German psycho didn't take any respect away from anyone, but himself.

davecryan
udonmap.com

Post by davecryan » May 9, 2012, 11:38 pm

Do you think that the Thai Residents of UT know the difference between long and short term falang ?....NO, you are all tarred with the same brush

Ricohoc
udonmap.com

Post by Ricohoc » May 10, 2012, 12:12 am

davecryan wrote:Do you think that the Thai Residents of UT know the difference between long and short term falang ?....NO, you are all tarred with the same brush
I never claimed that Thais make that distinction. I only said that the foreigners who disrespect themselves and those around them are usually those who are not residents of UTH and are in the minority.

I then stated that respect is earned and those who have earned respect still have it. Thais know the difference between their foreigner neighbor and the German psycho who stabbed and killed that young Thai woman. I would bet thousands of baht that my neighbors of the past three years do NOT for a minute associate me with the German psycho arrested for that murder.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » May 10, 2012, 12:22 am

davecryan wrote:Do you think that the Thai Residents of UT know the difference between long and short term falang ?....NO, you are all tarred with the same brush

This is not true. I have seen farangs, long-time residents, doing the things you mention in public, and they certainly did not associate me (an occasional visitor) with any of that. What they told me was that there are good and bad in all places, and that it was unfortunate that these particular individuals happened to be living in Udonthani. Thais also complain about their own people who do behave badly.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Return to “Udon Thani News”