Air Asia - New Cabin Baggage Rules

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » November 4, 2012, 1:35 pm

As from 1 December, AA will institute new rules for cabin (carry-on) baggage.

The policy is strictly 1 bag only (eg no bag + laptop etc), and you cannot pay extra to take on a second article.

There are a few exceptions, for example baby food, prosthesis etc.

Read all about it here:

http://www.airasia.com/ask/template.do? ... cale=en_GB\

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » November 4, 2012, 1:54 pm

Thanks for the update
Air asia is getting more and more difficult and expensive as well

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » November 4, 2012, 4:29 pm

Air Asia is really shooting themselves in the foot with all these new gimmicks. Reading the new guidelines on the above link was an absolute joke. They won't allow an extra bag on board, but a duty free shopping bag is an exception. All this is done in the name of speeding up boarding and disembarking. One can't pay for an extra bag taken on board, so bottom line is that now we have to have a tag for the one cabin luggage, so I guarantee you they will be weighing the bag and anything over 7 kg will have to go in the checked baggage and that's where they will make the money off of you with excess weight fees. The one extra shopping bag that was allowed before will have to go into the checked baggage as well, so more excess weight fees for them. I'm really fed up with Air Asia. Read their answer to the following question. It hasn't been answered properly at all! So what do you do if you have shifted all the inexpensive items to checked baggage and still have more than 7 kg of valuables that you need to take on board. Oh...shift the valuables over 7 kg to the check-in luggage anyway so the baggage boys can loot your luggage and make extra money!

What if I have expensive / highly valuable items (e.g. photography equipment worth more than RM10,000) weighing more than 7kg that I need to bring on board?
You will need to pack some items that are not expensive in your checked baggage and only pack items that are expensive/valuable in your cabin baggage and it must be within 7kg.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

old-timer
udonmap.com

Post by old-timer » November 4, 2012, 4:51 pm

It has been reported that passengers boarding aircrapasia flights are being asked to exhale as they board their flight or face a further excess charge.

OT.................. \:D/

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » November 4, 2012, 5:01 pm

old-timer wrote:It has been reported that passengers boarding aircrapasia flights are being asked to exhale as they board their flight or face a further excess charge.

OT.................. \:D/
No doubt the "report" emanates from your fevered imagination O/T. :D

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » November 4, 2012, 6:33 pm

I've flown Air Asia and Nok Air. The simplest way around all the baggage rules and 'extra' fees is to fly Thai Air. Airplane is always on schedule (at least for us), my wife and I typically check in 4 bags going to the US with no extra fees, and make the return BKK-UDN flight with 4 suitcases that border on 50 pounds each (that's our weight limit on the international leg). The Thai Air folks in BKK have given me the eye when checking in those bags, but never charged me extra.
If I was going to Phuket for a day or two or three of beach fun I might consider Air Asia. A bathing suit, a beach towel, a pair of flip flops........maybe no checkin at all!

pompui
udonmap.com

Post by pompui » November 4, 2012, 6:50 pm

Does Air Asia charge you if you bring onboard some snacks,do you have to buy something onboard :-k and any fee for using the toilet,can it be reduced if you use your own toilet paper :-k Is there a free sickbag offered if you are feeling a tad unwell :-k
Hidden fees can be a bummer :D

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » November 4, 2012, 6:58 pm

Air Asia is the the new Ryanair. You get what you pay for.

The reason for the hidden extras. Queens Park Rangers Football Club. :D

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 4, 2012, 7:43 pm

I thought it was the "paint job" they did showing half the Man Utd team on one of the planes .... only for old whiskey nose to get rid of most of them in the next transfer window :lol: :lol:

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Post by mortiboy » November 4, 2012, 9:24 pm

I just returned from Uk. My baggage was 26 kilo, my hand baggage total'd 15 kilo( One bag + laptop and goodies stacked in too.)+ bag trolly
I checked in at Thai air, (the baggage allowance is 20 kilo) Slapped a "Heavy label on the bag and off down the belt!
Do this every year .... no problem.
The fare one way for Air Asia from BKK to UTH is 1,450
The fare for Thai airways is 2,410. So ( I have to go with Thai Air anyway to connect my flight at Suvarnabum Airport)
So Although Thai Air more expensive.Less hassle.
Also, I missed the flight I booked .Due to my main flight not available,
They still honored my ticket (for 500 baht)!

randerson79
udonmap.com

Post by randerson79 » November 5, 2012, 8:40 am

It won't be long before they are making cheap copies here.

http://jaktogo.com
http://www.scottevest.com/v3_store/Carry-on-Coat.shtml

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » November 5, 2012, 8:52 am

Air Asia are what they are.
The plan is to cram as many people as possible into the available space & supply nothing more than getting people from A to B.
Ryan Air (their European equivalent) make no bones that they find all the 'add ons' are more trouble than they are worth & that the plan is to actively discourage everything that slows a turnaround down. So luggage handling, catering etc..

This bit of the Air Asia rules did intrigue me as to how they are going to enforce though...
Can I bring my ladies’ handbag onboard in addition to my main piece of cabin baggage?
Yes you can
So can a man bring on a 'ladies handbag' ?
What constitutes a handbag & what differentiates it from an ordinary bag??

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Post by JimboPSM » November 5, 2012, 9:09 am

Big pocket travel jackets / waistcoats are starting to increase in popularity in the UK and Europe as the pricing practices of Ryanair and a number of other (mainly budget) airlines become ever more predatory with regard to hold and cabin baggage.

In addition to the examples by KB above, a similar jacket comes from an English (not Aussie) company called Rufus Roo Ltd:
Ashamed to be English since 23rd June 2016 when England voted for racism & economic suicide.

Disgusted that the UK is “governed” by a squalid bunch of economically illiterate, self-serving, sleazy and corrupt neo-fascists.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » November 5, 2012, 9:16 am

Check out Air Asia's hotels, Tune Hotel. The price starts low, but after all the add-ons, it is more than a regular 3 star hotel. In London, their room sizes are 9 sq. mtrs. In Thailand it's a whopping 14 sq. mtrs. You want a window, that's extra, aircon that's extra, towel that's extra.

joepai
udonmap.com

Post by joepai » November 6, 2012, 3:45 pm

Great news, lets hope they they keep to the 1 bag (and size) rule - the number of times I see (not just on AA to be fair) but people with huge bags/cases trying to lift them into the bins is crazy. Have never understood why people do not check in their bags - so easy and saves all the trouble once past check in !
I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

expatcsf
udonmap.com

Post by expatcsf » February 7, 2013, 2:44 pm

It seems they didnt go through with this.
http://www.airasia.com/cn/en/baggage-in ... ggage.page

harmonyudon
udonmap.com

Post by harmonyudon » February 8, 2013, 9:29 am

jackspratt wrote:As from 1 December, AA will institute new rules for cabin (carry-on) baggage.
The policy is strictly 1 bag only (eg no bag + laptop etc), and you cannot pay extra to take on a second article.
For international flights (don't know intercontinental) you can checkin an extra luggage with extra cost. Cabin luggage free as posted (link) above and extra checkin luggage about 300-400 baht extra.

I've just booked a one way ticket Jakarta - Bangkok and its very cheap. But Bangkok-Jakarta if you book in TH is almost double price. Just had a visitor from TH who came with air asia. ;)

You booked jkt-bkk return ticket in Indonesia, the separate price of bkk-jkt is much more cheaper. Price is also depending on the day you fly.

Went before with Garuda and this airline is much more expensive. Don't want to be a CC but the terminal of air asia in jkt is separate from others and for me more convenient.

The last link posted can not directly be visited with a mobile phone. RWD is thus not so well thought.
Don't be a loser, don't comment on others if u haven't achieved a thing.
Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.

madwolf
udonmap.com

Post by madwolf » March 25, 2013, 3:42 pm

harmonyudon wrote:
jackspratt wrote:As from 1 December, AA will institute new rules for cabin (carry-on) baggage.
For international flights (don't know intercontinental) you can checkin an extra luggage with extra cost. Cabin luggage free as posted (link) above and extra checkin luggage about 300-400 baht extra.

I've just booked a one way ticket Jakarta - Bangkok and its very cheap. But Bangkok-Jakarta if you book in TH is almost double price. Just had a visitor from TH who came with air asia. ;)

You booked jkt-bkk return ticket in Indonesia, the separate price of bkk-jkt is much more cheaper. Price is also depending on the day you fly.

Went before with Garuda and this airline is much more expensive. Don't want to be a CC but the terminal of air asia in jkt is separate from others and for me more convenient.

The last link posted can not directly be visited with a mobile phone. RWD is thus not so well thought.

why would anyone want to fly very expensive AIR ASIA between BKK and Jakarta, when usually MANDALA (TIGER GROUP) charges just half of what AirAsia charges....

harmonyudon
udonmap.com

Post by harmonyudon » March 25, 2013, 4:26 pm

That's right, tiger is cheaper but on some days air asia can be cheaper jkt-bkk flight. For some dongmueng can be more convenient to arrive and to depart.
Don't be a loser, don't comment on others if u haven't achieved a thing.
Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.

Dave450

Post by Dave450 » April 20, 2013, 8:41 pm

Geez lucky I read this,,,thanks!! I'm goin to Udon soon from Aust and I have a laptop and VERY expensive camera gear!!
Bloody AA getting as bad as Jetstar!

Return to “Travel & Transport”