Bookhouse Survey

Discussions on local & International restaurants and food suppliers.
karonsteve
udonmap.com

Bookhouse Survey

Post by karonsteve » January 8, 2013, 3:00 pm

I am posting this from the Bookhouse after being approached by 2 young ladies from Rajabhat university who asked me to complete a survey on the Bookhouse with questions on service, quality, price. I have no idea if this will be fed back to Jeremy and Nok but I hope so.

kjellsnell
udonmap.com

Bookhouse Survey

Post by kjellsnell » January 8, 2013, 3:04 pm

karonsteve wrote:I am posting this from the Bookhouse after being approached by 2 young ladies from Rajabhat university who asked me to complete a survey on the Bookhouse with questions on service, quality, price. I have no idea if this will be fed back to Jeremy and Nok but I hope so.

So - why dont you leave references to your source so people know this is a serios tread :-k
These days life seems pretty good and I eagerly look forward to the continuation!

mykthemin
udonmap.com

Bookhouse Survey

Post by mykthemin » January 8, 2013, 3:08 pm

Always 10 out of 10 in my opinion.

Paladin
udonmap.com

Bookhouse Survey

Post by Paladin » January 8, 2013, 3:37 pm

I will never go there again.

trekkertony
udonmap.com

Bookhouse Survey

Post by trekkertony » January 8, 2013, 3:56 pm

Hi Karonsteve,

The young ladies would be able to find all the information on tripadvisor which captures unbiased opinions. For me and my western spouse we dined there on 3 occasions in November 2012 ( 2 breakfast, 1 dinner ). The location, parking, physical ambience and meal quality were outstanding. A disappointing factor for us was the language coming from some alcohol affected westerners sitting outside. It was impossible to not hear it from the outdoor dining area and Jeremy was sitting with the group although he didn't lower himself to the standards on display by the clients. Given that Jeremy was sitting there and made no attempt to bring some respectability to the behaviour, l thought it pointless in raising our concerns at the time of payment. Would l go back?, without hesitation for breakfast and possibly inside subject to the availability of a table for an evening meal..

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Bookhouse Survey

Post by Aardvark » January 8, 2013, 4:23 pm

NEVER had a problem there !!

martynsnowman
udonmap.com

Bookhouse Survey

Post by martynsnowman » January 8, 2013, 5:16 pm

at the old address spot on loved there food ... now the new address crap would ,nt give it to a thai
i ate there few sundays ago ... toss i was looking for jeremy but nok said he was in u.k so i left it alone

Brilliant One
udonmap.com

Bookhouse Survey

Post by Brilliant One » January 8, 2013, 5:55 pm

I was at the Bookhouse too this afternoon, having a couple of beers. I took a rain-check on the "survey" by the 2 young ladies from Rajabhat University. I NEVER do surveys or questionnaires. I noticed later that one of the young ladies was hanging around with an old Dutch guy ??? I won't speculate!! However, I will say, I was at the opening night of the Book House on Nong Sim, and have had many dinners, breakfasts, and sometimes just drop in for a few beers, and watch the people going past. I don't live in Udon, but I am a regular visitor, and have never had any reason to complain about the food, or the service. Whatever is going on, I want to wish Jeremy, Nok and Oliver the very best of wishes for the future. I asked Nok if she was OK and she said Yes. I don't need to know any more.

bumper
udonmap.com

Bookhouse Survey

Post by bumper » January 8, 2013, 7:26 pm

They gad a great steak sand which, for some reason can't get it anymore. The staff doesn't seem to know what you are asking for if your order it. When the owner is there she knows what you are talking about. But it;s not worth the 15 mins. of explanation to try to get it. As to the place overall a good one.

Are the still doing Mexican food ?

karonsteve
udonmap.com

Bookhouse Survey

Post by karonsteve » January 8, 2013, 8:09 pm

kjellsnell wrote:
karonsteve wrote:I am posting this from the Bookhouse after being approached by 2 young ladies from Rajabhat university who asked me to complete a survey on the Bookhouse with questions on service, quality, price. I have no idea if this will be fed back to Jeremy and Nok but I hope so.

So - why dont you leave references to your source so people know this is a serios tread :-k
Sorry Kjellsnell but there are no references apart from my and Brilliant Ones word that it happened.

Brilliant One...were you the guy at outside by the door with the sunglasses on? If so you are one of the few westerners I have come across recently that is prepared to say hello. Good on you.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Bookhouse Survey

Post by Khun Paul » January 8, 2013, 8:40 pm

Isn't it amazing, people post complaints when in fact at the time they feel unable to say anything but lets wait for another post then we can post. Too many people backdoor complaining about what , complete garbage, why don't people either accept it was a blip or never go there again and say nothing. I am fed up with people complaining not only about the Bookhouse but other establishments via the Internet. honestly i thought we were all grown men. Obvioulsy I was mistaken.
As far as I am concerned many pkaces occasionally fall down on service/quality or even availability of food and other things they offer, but that does not mean they do not care, nor does it happen again as far as I am concerned, if I know the owner , I make it my business to have a quiet word in his ear about the problem. Most thank me one or two shrug their shoulders but in the mian constructive complaint is always taken as it is said. So can we STOP the bloody moaning and whining, if you don't like a place, don't go there again , quite simple really for those that think.

Jello
udonmap.com

Bookhouse Survey

Post by Jello » January 8, 2013, 9:15 pm

trekkertony wrote:A disappointing factor for us was the language coming from some alcohol affected westerners sitting outside.
A valid complaint. I've seen this in falang restaurants too often. Should you really need to "have a quiet word with the owner" (as KP put's it) at a restaurant that claims to be family friendly?

I think the owner should be taking this upon himself. Certainly not the owners fault the some customers want to act like Thailand is one big beer-bar, but it is his responsibility to ask his customers to show a reasonable amount of decorum just as he would request them to wear a shirt and footwear in the restaurant.
UFF DA!

Brilliant One
udonmap.com

Bookhouse Survey

Post by Brilliant One » January 8, 2013, 9:36 pm

bumper wrote:Brilliant One...were you the guy at outside by the door with the sunglasses on? If so you are one of the few westerners I have come across recently that is prepared to say hello. Good on you.
Karonsteve ... yes I'm the guy, sitting there quietly, taking in everything going on around me.
Being an Aussie, I like to say "g'day" to everyone I meet. Unfortunately, sometimes there is no response from other westerners. My lady friends gets annoyed at me because "many falang not say hello back to you". I tell her I am not worried, I will keep saying hello, and if I get a response, as in your case, I am happy that I made the attempt. I didn't approach you for a chat, because sometimes people want a quiet beer or meal, and I like to give them some space.
There's a movie, Crocodile Dundee. Paul Hogan goes to New York from Outback Australia. He's walking down the main road in New York, trying to look everyone in the eye and saying "G'day". They are looking at him like an alien. It's a classic. I find there's nothing to lose by saying hello. It has resulted in a lot of nice conversations. Even this morning at Tesco, I met a friendly guy from Seattle Washington at the checkout. We ended up chatting in the carpark, and I had to drag my lady friend away from his wife in the end haha. Take care. Frank

karonsteve
udonmap.com

Bookhouse Survey

Post by karonsteve » January 8, 2013, 9:53 pm

Brilliant One I hope we bump into each other again so next time we can have a chat.

MALC
udonmap.com

Bookhouse Survey

Post by MALC » January 9, 2013, 3:23 am

its always been and still is my favourite place.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Bookhouse Survey

Post by Khun Paul » January 9, 2013, 5:44 am

Well often a quiet word does far more good than either ignoring the problem or even shouting the odds. many Thai staff are afraid to deal with a loud mouthed drunk foreigner or even an awkward one, so often word in the right ear sorts out the problem nicely . I find.

harmonyudon
udonmap.com

Bookhouse Survey

Post by harmonyudon » January 9, 2013, 8:10 am

A survey about service, products and price conducted at the respective establishment where their CURRENT customers are the respondents will, I think, give non objective results.

A poll in UM will be a better idea.
Don't be a loser, don't comment on others if u haven't achieved a thing.
Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.

bumper
udonmap.com

Bookhouse Survey

Post by bumper » January 9, 2013, 9:08 am

Khun Paul wrote:Isn't it amazing, people post complaints when in fact at the time they feel unable to say anything but lets wait for another post then we can post. Too many people backdoor complaining about what , complete garbage, why don't people either accept it was a blip or never go there again and say nothing. I am fed up with people complaining not only about the Bookhouse but other establishments via the Internet. honestly i thought we were all grown men. Obvioulsy I was mistaken.
As far as I am concerned many pkaces occasionally fall down on service/quality or even availability of food and other things they offer, but that does not mean they do not care, nor does it happen again as far as I am concerned, if I know the owner , I make it my business to have a quiet word in his ear about the problem. Most thank me one or two shrug their shoulders but in the mian constructive complaint is always taken as it is said. So can we STOP the bloody moaning and whining, if you don't like a place, don't go there again , quite simple really for those that think.
If you are speaking of me constructive information, I assume the owner will read this. The other things I had tried didn't seem to work. In the end I said it was a good place. so what's the problem?

Paladin
udonmap.com

Bookhouse Survey

Post by Paladin » January 9, 2013, 9:17 am

KHUN PAUL, Do you get paid by th B/H to air your biased opinions, you have tried to protected them, you have made excuses for them, It is a common opinion that "you can make some of the people happy some of the time, but you cannot make all the people happy all the time" People here are giving their opinion for one of many reasons, do you want to take that right away from them Since Xmas you have constantly rubbished other peoples honest replys. Put the B/H to Bed. There is something nice about everyone, but you Sir have got me puzzled

fatbob
udonmap.com

Bookhouse Survey

Post by fatbob » January 9, 2013, 9:51 am

I go there when ever in Udon, everything about the place I like, never had a problem, Bumper if you like to eat steak sandwiches then I would learn how to order one in Thai then your problems are solved very easily.

Return to “Udon Thani Restaurants”