Landmark Plaza

Have a question or comment about Shopping in Udon Thani? Post it here!
Svein66
udonmap.com

Landmark Plaza

Post by Svein66 » February 7, 2013, 10:19 pm

There are lots of big posters/signs around Udon with Landmark Plaza, Grand Opening, some offers and the 22nd of a month. Is it a shopping centre? Where? When do they open?

The only thing I have found on internet is a FB-page with no info.
https://www.facebook.com/LandmarkPlazaNews

Perra
udonmap.com

Landmark Plaza

Post by Perra » February 8, 2013, 9:14 am

As I understand it is a "IT-mall" and will be something like IT-Plaza at UD Town but bigger and will open the 22nd of February. It's situated just north of the clock tower roundabout on the left side going towards Nong Kai.

papaguido
udonmap.com

Landmark Plaza

Post by papaguido » February 8, 2013, 9:56 am

rct
udonmap.com

Landmark Plaza

Post by rct » February 8, 2013, 9:58 am

A third Starbucks will be in this location, the sign already up!

Time will tell if all these new malls and shops can actually make a profit.

parrot
udonmap.com

Landmark Plaza

Post by parrot » February 8, 2013, 10:18 am

And it'll offer 40,000 sq meters of IT shopping place..........which comes not a minute too soon, as last time I was at the IT mall across from UD Town, I had to fight hoards of people buying computer products. Not.

Svein66
udonmap.com

Landmark Plaza

Post by Svein66 » February 8, 2013, 6:13 pm

I saw more big signs for Landmark today, and they had logos for SF Cinema City, Hardwarehouse and many others. Looks like we`re getting a third cineplex in Udon. Guessing SF also will only have thaidubbed movies.

If I didn`t see very wrong there was also a Villa Market logo on one of the signs. Or did I see wrong? :?

fdimike
udonmap.com

Landmark Plaza

Post by fdimike » February 9, 2013, 5:05 pm

Everything takes time to grow. There were many who said UD Town would never survive and yet it's still there today. I agree it does seem a bit of IT overkill but you can't judge the local economy based on your own countries model because it doesn't quite work here. Afterall we have 3 Tesco Lotus stores serving the local economy along with 2 Big C stores and all seem to be surviving quite well. It would be nice to see one of the TL stores converted to a TL Extra which will carry a larger line of goods some of which seem to be targeted to the foreign community. There were a number of people who said Home Pro would fold but just the opposite has taken place with an expansion of the current store underway. North of town two very large home improvement centers are under construction added to the 4 large ones we already have here. I would say there are lots of people with "deep pockets" looking to spend and UT appears to be the place to do that.
An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

parrot
udonmap.com

Landmark Plaza

Post by parrot » February 20, 2013, 4:33 pm

There's an "Amorn's" sign on the front of Landmark Plaza! Good news!!

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Landmark Plaza

Post by merchant seaman » February 20, 2013, 5:37 pm

I'm looking forward to the price war between Villa Market and Chern Chim's.

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

Landmark Plaza

Post by pienmash » February 20, 2013, 6:14 pm

merchant seaman wrote:I'm looking forward to the price war between Villa Market and Chern Chim's.
Haha your one liners just get better n better MS ....

youve no need to worry i will be promoting/marketing directly against VM .. with price comparisions on products ,,especially the imported dry goods , i aint gonna beat about the bush as CCs prices are a fair bit less on most of the stuff ... still as you sumize the winner will be the customer and as ever im gonna do loads of specials n promos .... one of my suppliers has offered a nice disc on my next order to assist as well so thats handy....

Thers nowt like a bit of FAIR healthy competition as my gran would say .... just before she went to jail for match fixing !!

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Landmark Plaza

Post by jackspratt » February 20, 2013, 6:30 pm

Did your gran know this bloke by any chance?
Attachments
when i was a young boy.jpg

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Landmark Plaza

Post by FrazeeDK » February 23, 2013, 9:25 pm

well Landmark is open.. 6 floors of mall space with roughly 3 floors being IT related. 5th Floor is "SFX Cineplex" (one move only in English soundtrack and it WASN'T the new Bruce Willis movie) and basement is a mix of customer stores and the yet to be opened "Villa Market".. Ground floor has KFC, Starbucks, DQ, and 3-4 other Japanese style eating places (similar to Central just not as many) Ingress and Egress to the 5 story parking garage looks a bit tricky but there appears to be plenty of parking and easy access at each floor from the parking garage..
Dave

parrot
udonmap.com

Landmark Plaza

Post by parrot » February 24, 2013, 3:41 pm

I went today....walked each floor for a look-see. Front door says "free wifi, 10MB"....the door doesn't say 'free air con' but there is.....and the combination of free wifi and air on the coming hot season may be enough to draw in a fair amount of people.
Only a few things caught my interest: Villa Market, not yet open, and Udon Noodles (not as in Udon, Thailand, but as in Udon Noodles), also not yet open.
There are a fair number of restaurants to choose from.....but don't think there's anything new that hasn't already been tried in Udon. Starbucks was painfully empty......in the morning, that's not a good sign.
If you took a photo of the IT stores in Central and said you took the photo at Landmark, I doubt any would be the wiser.
The theater floor looks nice......a wide variety of movies showing, but as FD says, the one that should be in English isn't.
The food court looks interesting......relatively nice views of the city......wifi......and typical food court food/prices should gather good crowds.
I tried to devoid myself of my usual contrarian views of news businesses in town (see Outlet Mall, Carrefour, Nadee Big C among others).......but honestly, once the humongous electric bills, security guard bills, and (hopefully) regular upkeep bills start rolling in, my western brain doesn't compute a profit margin.

After Landmark, I passed by Nevada IT Center (across from UD Town). Two of their store front stores are vacant....and the coffee shop was void of customers.

Maybe today was just a slow business day.......Sunday......maybe everyone was still in church.
Attachments
IMG_2425.JPG
IMG_2428.JPG
view from the upstairs foodcourt
IMG_2430.JPG
IMG_2432.JPG
Udon Noodles opening soon
IMG_2423.JPG
IMG_2422.JPG
Kids'll like these

Svein66
udonmap.com

Landmark Plaza

Post by Svein66 » February 24, 2013, 4:01 pm

There are currently 6 movies at SF Udon Thani. 3 has English soundtrack, 2 are Thai movies with English subs, and the last is Thai dubbed (Die Hard 5).

http://www.sfcinemacity.com/index.php/e ... ble/lookup

At Major there are 7 movies being shown. None has English soundtrack and only one of the Thai movies has English subs.
At Nevada there are 6 movies, no English.

Currently SF are the only cineplex that is interested in seeing farangs...

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Landmark Plaza

Post by semperfiguy » February 24, 2013, 7:04 pm

Attempted to visit the new Landmark Plaza today. Didn't particularly like the winding road back to the parking garage, nor the steep drive up into the garage. Anyone with a manual shift would find it a challenge to follow the long line of cars up into the garage. The turns are not easy to make and the parking is really tight. By the time I got to the 2nd level I was already feeling claustrophobic and very uncomfortable, so I quickly exited and said "to hell with it". I can't imagine that it would have had any more to offer than all the other IT plazas in town. I won't be going back!
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Landmark Plaza

Post by FrazeeDK » February 24, 2013, 8:18 pm

Svein?? are you sure you were looking at the Udon listing on that website:

I saw this at of 8:15PM 02/24 and see only one listed in English (Beautiful Creatures);
Landmarkplaza Udonthani
A Good Day to Die Hard(T)
Showtimes: 22:10 Beautiful Creatures(E)
Showtimes: 22:15 Beautiful Creatures(T)
Showtimes: 21:30 22:15 Khu Cee Dee Tae Fan(T/E.SUB)
Showtimes: 21:25 Snitch(T)
Showtimes: 21:15 Warm Bodies(T)
Showtimes: 22:05
Dave

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Landmark Plaza

Post by FrazeeDK » February 24, 2013, 8:21 pm

perhaps they played earlier today... I'll check the site tomorrow morning and see if they show more E listings... I'd like to see A good Day to Die Hard...
Dave

parrot
udonmap.com

Landmark Plaza

Post by parrot » February 24, 2013, 8:53 pm

[quote="Svein66"]There are currently 6 movies at SF Udon Thani. 3 has English soundtrack, 2 are Thai movies with English subs, and the last is Thai dubbed (Die Hard 5).

[url]http://www.sfcinemacity.com/index.php/e ... ble/lookup[/url]

At Major there are 7 movies being shown. None has English soundtrack and only one of the Thai movies has English subs.
At Nevada there are 6 movies, no English.

Currently SF are the only cineplex that is interested in seeing farangs...[/quote]

I might be missing something, but the link above doesn't reflect 3 english soundtrack shows.
Attachments
Capture.JPG

Svein66
udonmap.com

Landmark Plaza

Post by Svein66 » February 24, 2013, 9:30 pm

parrot wrote:I might be missing something, but the link above doesn't reflect 3 english soundtrack shows.
That`s because they are removed from the website after they are started. They have movies starting at other times than 9 or 10pm... ;)

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

Landmark Plaza

Post by pienmash » February 24, 2013, 10:08 pm

Dropped by this evening ,,,, just have a quick butchers ,,,, much the same as all other malls in LOS ,, but cant really see how any one can come up with a new design or idea really ,,, all ok no negatives except for the same as semper the parking is a tadge tight but they have crammed a lot into a small space ,,,,,, noted the location od the new VM not open yet , i was told another 2 weeks Thai time by a fella working there ,,, so will know where to go to price check ..

ideal for the PC geeks of which i am not one ,, and the cinema seems to be drawing a lot of attention ..mash dont do them either ...could well ease the conjestion around Central making it a easier to visit and a more pleasant banking experience ,,, how many more shopping centers n areas and Jap eating venues can Udon support ??? ..another one planned near the Nadee route to NBLP ...??

Return to “Udon Thani Shopping”