Water Pump gone for R&R BKK (info)

Information on building a house, buying poperty and land, and all other general contruction topics...
Dakoda
udonmap.com

Water Pump gone for R&R BKK (info)

Post by Dakoda » November 27, 2006, 6:29 pm

Well my Hitachi water pump was removed today, (glad I planned for this), Global has been out to the house about four time now, this time with the man from BKK. What's the problem :!: Well for about three months, no problem, now without using any water, input & output closed, it comes on every 10 min. for 10 sec.

They tried cleaning, a spring, and have now given up, so back to the factory for this baby. Hope I can understand how or what fixed it, for have same problem at house renting, except different brand, and it comes on every hour. Pretty happy with the man from Global, wasn't happy about a 200 baht fee for an in warranty item, but have not been charged yet, and was in formed this trip was free, Either they fix it or I get a new one :)

Some of my workers have said all Farang water pumps do this, I just :)

Dakoda
udonmap.com

Post by Dakoda » December 8, 2006, 7:25 pm

Well my water pump returned today, clean bill of health :!: So they knew it was not the pump, I had my doubts. They connected it back up and it was no different, but a couple of days ago, while at Global and talking to the man, he want me to buy a PVC shut-off, well I guess they told him that the pump was ok, and maybe one of the shut-offs was leaking. I had told him that I had some at the house. Well today they told me that they could hear one leaking, ( I had my doubts), but they replaced it and sure enough it fixed the problem. :)

Kind of make sense, one at building site was coming on every 20 mins, one here at rented house, every hour. So I guess will need to see if I can hear anything here at rented house, must be the same problem :!:

Oh, and yes had to pay the 200 baht, guess I now can understand the charge :!:

:D

rickfarang
udonmap.com

Post by rickfarang » December 10, 2006, 6:21 am

Yeah, makes sense. Leaks would cause the pump to cycle on and off. (Especially at night.)

200 Baht - was that for the inspection or for the valve?

Dakoda
udonmap.com

Post by Dakoda » December 10, 2006, 6:43 am

rickfarang wrote:Yeah, makes sense. Leaks would cause the pump to cycle on and off. (Especially at night.)

200 Baht - was that for the inspection or for the valve?
Bought it at Global House and they charge, 200 baht fee for coming to house, else could have disconnected it and brought it in for free. I supplied parts to fix, pvc shut-off, connector, pvc pipe, some tools. So not a bad deal since the pump was not the problem.

:)

Return to “House & Land”