finding my friend!

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
ChantalV

finding my friend!

Post by ChantalV » March 3, 2014, 3:04 am

dear forum people,

I contact me and my partner are looking for a good friend. he has moved back to his birth country of Thailand. I won't say his name on public internet sorry. He is Thai and a former sergeant of the French foreign legion (2rep). we live in the Netherlands Rotterdam and he supposingly moved back recently. I have heard on the internet that there is a French legionnaire(s) in Udonthani..maybe we can get in contact with these person(s)? and in udonthani should be a French ex legionaire with a bar/ restaurant? forgot his name.. probably our friend has contacted some French in or around udonthani or bangkok?

is there a organisation or people who might know something? has our friend been seen? (we can give an email address for providing more information if possible). thank you..

maaka
udonmap.com

finding my friend!

Post by maaka » March 3, 2014, 10:28 am

where did he serve, how many years, and what age is your friend now ?

Tschau Suan
udonmap.com

finding my friend!

Post by Tschau Suan » March 3, 2014, 9:36 pm

ChantalV wrote:dear forum people,

I contact me and my partner are looking for a good friend. he has moved back to his birth country of Thailand. I won't say his name on public internet sorry. He is Thai and a former sergeant of the French foreign legion (2rep). we live in the Netherlands Rotterdam and he supposingly moved back recently. I have heard on the internet that there is a French legionnaire(s) in Udonthani..maybe we can get in contact with these person(s)? and in udonthani should be a French ex legionaire with a bar/ restaurant? forgot his name.. probably our friend has contacted some French in or around udonthani or bangkok?

is there a organisation or people who might know something? has our friend been seen? (we can give an email address for providing more information if possible). thank you..
One person died last year,nearly 80 years old.
The other one,had a bar/Restaurant,closed his bar.
Both were French legionnaires.
If you post me a PM(which one I can't answer),
with your Email,I will give you a contact number,or info.

Los Amigos
udonmap.com

finding my friend!

Post by Los Amigos » March 3, 2014, 9:45 pm

Got a few customers who served in the french foreign legion. Will ask them when they come in this week.
Visit us @ http://losamigos-udonthani.com/
TEX MEX, RIBS, STEAKS, KEBAB, BURGERS and PIZZA.
OPEN 7 DAYS A WEEK FROM 11 am ¬ 10 pm

socksy
udonmap.com

finding my friend!

Post by socksy » March 3, 2014, 9:55 pm

Casper - You Beau Geste or you Beau Geste? Usually I'm only joking.
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

ChantalV

finding my friend!

Post by ChantalV » March 6, 2014, 6:03 pm

dear..thanx to all messages. from what I know, ..his ex girlfriend/ wife told us recently that he moved back Thailand. he served since 1992 in the Legion..first priod 13 dmbl or something like that?? in the desert. French Guyana..and then 2rep. he has got the rank sergeant instructor ?? 1st and 4th in the 2rep.

we don't know much about the French legion but from what I have heard he lives very secluded life. doesn't want to be bothered ...also in the legion he wasnt allowed to contact anyone, no pics of him could be taken...not even for a monthly magazine or something like that?? don't know how things go over there of course...

we know him because we grew up partly with him. (the Netherlands but has also Thai nationality)

maybe he got out a while ago already...don't know yet.

I think his ex has a old pic of him..we will ask her. I can't en won't post it of course so thru pm.

an old friend of him khun theo lives in udonthani I think or half half. he went with an old photo to a mister who had or has a restaurant/bar and was also from the legion??
his age should be around 38-40 right now. he got in as a young man. and now he has French citizenship and dutch?? and thai.

if you need more info please ask. because of privacy rights I cant post his photo I think?? (when I got it from his ex) I mean I would't want my picture all on the internet either.

do many legionnaires live in thailand? or udonthani?

we are thinking of travelling all the way up there...yes all just to talk to him and see him again.

he has had a very bad childhood..(worst thing you can imagine for a child)...drug and alcohol problem. soberd up all to himself and starten working out..arount that time we lost all contact unfortunatelly. he told us something about going to France. ..but never thought he would join the French legion. my partner was one of his closest friends that time and misses him very much. thank you all..

JeanLuc

finding my friend!

Post by JeanLuc » March 7, 2014, 4:39 am

greetings ChantalV..may I ask the name of your partner? what do you know about this person you are looking for? what about the ex partner? thank you JeanLuc

maaka
udonmap.com

finding my friend!

Post by maaka » March 7, 2014, 5:16 pm

Ant.

ChantalV

finding my friend!

Post by ChantalV » March 28, 2014, 4:09 pm

hello forum visitors..I apologice for the delay in my answering. I have been quite busy with my job.

my partner's name is Marc ..(last name private). our friend supposingly moved to Thailand Udonthani area maybe?? so maybe there are former army French foreign legion members who may know him! he is Thai, around 38 years I guess. I don't know if he has French nationality still?? still in the French army? he may contact me private mail thru this forum ..anyone. thank you. hope something will come up!

Sakhonnick
udonmap.com

finding my friend!

Post by Sakhonnick » March 28, 2014, 8:18 pm

Good luck, by the sounds of it you will need it, not giving names etc and having people guess it's like a riddle do let us know if you find him

Return to “Open Forum”