Hinges, wheels, jerk, you name it

Have a question or comment about Shopping in Udon Thani? Post it here!
parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » July 29, 2014, 11:43 am

One of the trials of living in Thailand (for me) is shopping. I'd normally go to Global or Homepro to find a particular screw or hinge or jerk for a cabinet. And, in fact, you may find what you need at Global.
But in Thailand, there are stores that seem to specialize in these things....a spring store (springs of every imaginable size) near what was Top World, an o-ring and screw/bolt store near the old Lotus, and the store in the photo below just before the intersection of Makkaeng and Prajak Rds. It's been mentioned several times on this forum for a variety of items. The name of the store is Yong Hong.
If you know the difference between a phillips and a flat head screwdriver (I've met a few people who didn't) and occasionally use them, you'll want to spend a few minutes browsing this small store. Hinges, brackets, drawer slides, plexiglass, aluminum/stainless tubes, wheels for most anything except a lawnmower and a vehicle, and much much more. Most of the items are on sliding panels that make browsing/viewing easy.
Attachments
20140728_122646.jpg

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Post by JimboPSM » July 29, 2014, 1:04 pm

For those who are prepared to wander around town on foot there is a treasure trove of stores to be found selling just about everything (and quite often with owners who not only know their business extremely well but are willing to try out their English with you).

It’s vaguely reminiscent of what used to be available in my home town forty years or so ago before they were driven out of business by a shift to being a throwaway society rather than the make do and mend one that it had previously been (caused by the increase in post second world war middle class prosperity along with the growth of out of town superstores and shopping malls).
Ashamed to be English since 23rd June 2016 when England voted for racism & economic suicide.

Disgusted that the UK is “governed” by a squalid bunch of economically illiterate, self-serving, sleazy and corrupt neo-fascists.

Return to “Udon Thani Shopping”