Farang musicians can play out legally without a work permit

General Udon Thani topics only!
LilRed
udonmap.com

Post by LilRed » June 28, 2014, 7:53 am

Aero:

You've returned?

Stop by noonish. Our harpist's been wantin to meet ya...

LR

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Post by mortiboy » July 26, 2014, 9:02 pm

music room resize.jpg
music room resize.jpg (25.99 KiB) Viewed 3271 times
We are searching for other Musicians to join us to form a team of Musicians that wish to
perform Legally around Udon in private locations . The recent revelations regarding the
Laws of playing Music in Udon make it impossible to play out at any clubs or bars in spite
of the the owners of these venues insisting that they have an "IN " with Immigration and
not to worry Blah Blah .We have a great practice venue shown in Photo and look forward to
forming a Band of Musicians that would wish to perform without the fear of being arrested
and deported . Our Musical genres are Classic Rock ,Country Rock , Pop Rock , & Blues
Mai mee tahng !

LilRed
udonmap.com

Post by LilRed » July 27, 2014, 9:25 am

mortiboy wrote:....We are searching for other Musicians to join us to form a team of Musicians that wish to
perform Legally around Udon in private locations ...

Morti, can you provide some more detail? Are ye forming a band? (Reason I ask, ur practice room appears a wee small for a full on band playin electric equipment...)

I am reliably informed, that playing at PRIVATE locations, for fun/free, is LEGAL for us foreigners... But, absolutely NO commercial venues, no way, no how...

So, mebbe, we could discuss potential "private locations", and, how to pull something together? As you know, it's a lot of work putting a practised band together...

BR

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Post by mortiboy » July 27, 2014, 8:08 pm

music room resize.jpg
music room resize.jpg (25.99 KiB) Viewed 3190 times
We would like to find other Musicians that wish to "Share" in the specified Genres and not locked into one . Should we find others to play, then a possible collaboration of venues and Musicians may be viable as it seems playing out at clubs and bars is no longer an option
Whether it be rock, Jazz country or blues, the opportunity to 'let yourself go" is there.
We feel the Music room is quite sufficient for a group of players to bring together some Tunes.
Its only for a get together and make music. for enjoyment.
Hardly rehearsing for a concert :D
There is absolutely no chance of playing beyond private dwellings.
So this is the best we can offer.
(Neale, you have played at this place before You think not big enough?)
I have jammed there many times and sounds Ok.
Be good hear from anyone interested,Dont play in your back room
Try it out here
Mai mee tahng !

LilRed
udonmap.com

Post by LilRed » July 28, 2014, 6:49 pm

Morti:

Ain't nothing wrong with y'all's music room. It is nice.

Not sure what you mean by, "share in the specified Genres"...

If you run across any musos wantin to work in a "practicing band", vice a "jam for fun" band, lemme know.
Rooster Crows in Tsiblisi.jpg
Tsiblisi, Georgia; '08

LR

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Post by mortiboy » July 29, 2014, 2:49 pm

Share" as in the specified Genres mentioned and not locked into" one "

Meaning a gathering of different styles of music rather than sticking to one particular choice which becomes boring and repetitive
Everyone has their own choice in music. So we need to be respectful to other players, and try to fit in with their preferred Genre
For me, I try all kinds .I can fit in what ever. I didn't stick to one type of music
Which maybe is not good as I became "Jack of all trades....Master of none."
So Whatever style one has, it would be nice to hear from you
After all its only "Jam for fun" or if preferred "Fun Practicing "
Mai mee tahng !

seagulls
udonmap.com

Post by seagulls » August 2, 2014, 8:52 pm

I do find it sad that ex-pat Musicians can no longer "Play Out" .and even sadder that the few remaining "Musicians" construe my home venue too small or not acoustically balanced . Sadly most of these critics have been driven to the sanctions of approved venues ie Home Balconies ,Garages and even Bedrooms !! . Since the OP made what initially seemed to be a very viable possibility of becoming legal this very good post has been an exceptional one for all of us . There have been 3364 Views to date with 85 comments .These comments are from a total of 18 people ,Nine of these I recognize as
musicians that I have played with in the past ten years .So the Question is is the music going to die in Udon? it is already diminishing in my other venue Chiang mai . I played a club "Guitarman " with two other guys and only a week later the whole farang band were arrested ( Including a Brit who was just Guesting and had only arrived the same day!!! . My intentions are to provide a very adequate music room in my new Home .To play music in in a Garage as we did 50 years would be nothing less than Horrific

seagulls
udonmap.com

Post by seagulls » August 9, 2014, 7:39 pm

seagulls wrote:I do find it sad that ex-pat Musicians can no longer "Play Out" .and even sadder that the few remaining "Musicians" construe my home venue too small or not acoustically balanced . Sadly most of these critics have been driven to the sanctions of approved venues ie Home Balconies ,Garages and even Bedrooms !! . Since the OP made what initially seemed to be a very viable possibility of becoming legal this very good post has been an exceptional one for all of us . There have been 3364 Views to date with 85 comments .These comments are from a total of 18 people ,Nine of these I recognize as
musicians that I have played with in the past ten years .So the Question is is the music going to die in Udon? it is already diminishing in my other venue Chiang mai . I played a club "Guitarman " with two other guys and only a week later the whole farang band were arrested ( Including a Brit who was just Guesting and had only arrived the same day!!! . My intentions are to provide a very adequate music room in my new Home .To play music in in a Garage as we did 50 years would be nothing less than Horrific

seagulls
udonmap.com

Post by seagulls » August 9, 2014, 8:18 pm

I have no idea why my last post was not posted but a previous was posted twice ??. I tried to download a video from you tube which may be the problem

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » August 9, 2014, 8:24 pm

Unlikely that would be the reason seagulls.
Even if the youtube video was restricted it would still show a trace of it, just would say it was not available when anyone tried to view it...

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Post by mortiboy » August 9, 2014, 8:32 pm

Apparently, he copied and posted wrongly
Should have been a clip from my "Dont give up yer day job" video
But playing in the back room is not so enjoyable as a get together group
Much more fun!
Mai mee tahng !

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Post by mortiboy » August 9, 2014, 8:43 pm

Had this problem long time now. When I had "XP" it was a cinch.
Now I have windows 7 maybe that why.
So All I can do is copy and paste the "share" embed code ind paste it on the post
Mai mee tahng !

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Post by mortiboy » August 9, 2014, 8:51 pm

Mai mee tahng !

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » August 9, 2014, 8:51 pm

It is far easier to do than that...
When you are on the YouTube video the URL shown in the window will end with
v=xxxxxxxxx
where the xxxxxxx is an unique string of letters, numbers & symbols.
highlight everything after the = sign & copy it.

When typing a reply in the Udonmap screen click the last box just above where you are entering your text is marked
youtube
click that box & you get this..
YT.png
YT.png (1.47 KiB) Viewed 1946 times
paste the code you copied from youtube in the middle of this & when you submit the post the video will be there for all to see..

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Post by mortiboy » August 9, 2014, 8:54 pm

AHH just sussed it
copy the embed cod up to V=
Wow ! Did it!
Mai mee tahng !

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Post by mortiboy » August 9, 2014, 10:16 pm

<div id="fb-root"></div> <script>(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_GB/all.js#xfbml=1"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script>
<div class="fb-post" data-href="https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=507429002690332" data-width="466"><div class="fb-xfbml-parse-ignore"><a href="https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=50 ... 2">Post</a> by <a href="https://www.facebook.com/yotdao.chanunan">Yotdao Chanunan</a>.</div></div>
Mai mee tahng !

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”